Families, Bloodbonding and Marriage.

13»

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Which means Schmaraius has not very much time to develop a rapport with a barely active nephew and/or send a very awkward letter. :-? But getting back to the mechanics I'm curious about... If someone married out of a family, do they take their kids with them? If Llesvelt married into Pavok, for instance, would his son Khydan (whose mother is no longer Shevat) automatically become Pavok? If not, would he gain the option to acknowledge Pavok as his family if he wanted to? And if he did that, would he ever be able to change his mind about it?
    I think he'd stay Shevat unless he actively dropped it? And if he did, he might have trouble getting Shevat back? Man, family mechanics are wack. Basically you do whatever the code lets you do.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sylandra said:
    Daraius said:
    Which means Schmaraius has not very much time to develop a rapport with a barely active nephew and/or send a very awkward letter. :-? But getting back to the mechanics I'm curious about... If someone married out of a family, do they take their kids with them? If Llesvelt married into Pavok, for instance, would his son Khydan (whose mother is no longer Shevat) automatically become Pavok? If not, would he gain the option to acknowledge Pavok as his family if he wanted to? And if he did that, would he ever be able to change his mind about it?
    I think he'd stay Shevat unless he actively dropped it? And if he did, he might have trouble getting Shevat back? Man, family mechanics are wack. Basically you do whatever the code lets you do.

I am told (but have not yet tested) that the child stays in the family but has the option to acknowledge the new one. I am not 100% positive on this, but am going off of a half-remembered response to an issue asking about this.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    That is how it works, yes.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Daraius said:
    I'm nearly a hundred percent positive that Khydan would not automatically become Pavok. However, he would have the option to acknowledge Pavok. (A certain Schmesle and Schmalvin Schmindwhisper might be elegible to join Schmevat should they wish to and we wanted Schmoebus to never talk to us again)

Less certain, but I suspect he'd be able to change his mind, and I think that Schmaleo might actually be able get into Schmevat even after Schmedrin marries out.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What a clusterschmuck.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I am as sch-challenged as you are, Lerad.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm not 100%, but I think that Schmaleo is a Schmevat independent of his parent's antics, and as long as his family tree shows he was born into the house of Schmevat, he can family aschknowledge them as soon as he gets divorced from his wife/ RL girlfriend who has assured him she will never play again but still doesn't want him divorcing her char cause love and stuff.

But Schmaleo needs to find a reason to play other than stuffing the post office desk with stationery first.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    INTERESTING. Btw he can stop stuffing the post office. It cuts into Uncle D-dawg's bookbinding business. >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Zyphora said:
    Dear nephew-pup Schmaleo,

Please divorce your inferior Schmindwhisper wife for the glory of Schmevat. I promise tea and lots of biscuits filled with real bacon bits.

May you be well, and your Schmevat-related efforts ever fruitful,
    ~ Schmaraius Schmevat
    I made those biscuits!

More seriously, I have an alt in a big glom family in spite of neither of her parents being in that family anymore.
  • Daraius said:
    INTERESTING. Btw he can stop stuffing the post office. It cuts into Uncle D-dawg's bookbinding business. >:D<
    The stationery must flow! He who controls the stationery controls the universe.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited September 2015
    So THAT'S why we're a Lettered House.