Arcanis Humours Niico

After a little bit of grumping about defiling and a death I felt was undeserved, @Arcanis agreed to take my challenge to a one-against-one. For some reason, my toad trigger didn't fire, so I feel bad that I didn't end it a lot sooner and almost died for it, but here's for the log collection. Should open up right in your browser if I did it right!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lol, why does this have a nihilist tag?

Keep platters on yourself at all times. Hunger attrition is still a thing. I usually have 20+ constitution platters on my person at any time.

Wonder what his sipping priorities are, there's no reason he should lose to straight up lash spam with 9k mana unless his prios are totally wonky.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    yeah, it's weird that you won just spamming lash....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Celina said:
    Lol, why does this have a nihilist tag?

Keep platters on yourself at all times. Hunger attrition is still a thing. I usually have 20+ constitution platters on my person at any time.

Wonder what his sipping priorities are, there's no reason he should lose to straight up lash spam with 9k mana unless his prios are totally wonky.
    I learned after that apparently he's the Nihilist champion now. He had the Nil Grim Horror, after all! 

I actually went out and bought about 10 after that, but I was already hungry naturally when the fight started. I thought it was weird that he was losing that hard, but I'm just glad I remembered scourge was a thing before the chasm ate me.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Huh. Are wiccan/guardian champion ents supposed to be usable while flexed? If so, brb, shuck + nekotai incoming.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2015
    Am I missing something here? There seems to be a large part early in this log where Arcanis is below 50% mana and you have 9-10 power on prompt, but make no effort to toad.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Niico said:
    After a little bit of grumping about defiling and a death I felt was undeserved, @Arcanis agreed to take my challenge to a one-against-one. For some reason, my toad trigger didn't fire, so I feel bad that I didn't end it a lot sooner and almost died for it, but here's for the log collection. Should open up right in your browser if I did it right!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ah, right, I missed that. I tend to use a more obvious readout for discern that displays the percentage pretty bold, and would have manually done it (as he eventually does), but if that's part of the same trigger it'd bork just as bad.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah I feel like being able to summon your champion pet while not flexed into that class is probably a really bad oversight and should technically be a bug.

Also at least you didn't try to failWeb him and went for the blind instead(I'm assuming that's what stopped the chasm anyway) unlike some people. Right @Lothringen? -RIGHT-?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Tarkenton said:
    Huh. Are wiccan/guardian champion ents supposed to be usable while flexed? If so, brb, shuck + nekotai incoming.
    No. I forget where that's written, but it was one of the caveats of classflexing when it was released. Champ items would no longer work....for obvious reasons. 
  • Thalkros said:
    Yeah I feel like being able to summon your champion pet while not flexed into that class is probably a really bad oversight and should technically be a bug.

Also at least you didn't try to failWeb him and went for the blind instead(I'm assuming that's what stopped the chasm anyway) unlike some people. Right @Lothringen? -RIGHT-?
    That was like, 6 years ago!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited September 2015
    Maybe disloyalty caused Arcanis to get Sickening from his meld, but he didn't cure it, so his sips were lower?

Also, this at the end made me lol.

<font face="Courier New, FixedSys, Lucida Console, Courier New, Courier" size="2"><font color="#D2691E">Esca</font><font color="#00FFFF"> is here, inspecting his nails idly.
    </font><font color="#00FFFF"></font></font>

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sickening's effect is actually very minimal. It makes a difference of something like 10-50 or so, depending on how much you actually sip for. Not enough to account for the log.

The latter part was clear - channeling chasm means he wasn't sipping. But the first part, when he was setting up for chasm by killing the pixie and slaugh (to prevent sleep and paralysis, I think) doesn't really explain the large drops in mana. He did use the raise all effects ability (I think, because nothing else explains a sudden 8p consumption), so unless that costs a huge chunk of mana. Lash by itself usually doesn't put enough mana pressure to put someone into toadable range, even with the entourage put into consideration. Though my impression might be off. Could do to see the log from the other side.

• Earthquake takes 1k mana. And yes, he used it, it's this line:

<font size="2" face="Courier New, FixedSys, Lucida Console, Courier New, Courier"><font color="#C0C0C0" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">A slight tremor in the earth quickly builds up to a roiling earthquake. Rocks fly as fissures open up in the ground, releasing dark clouds of stinking vapour.</font></font>

In that entire fight, Arcanis ate five sparkleberry. I think that contributed.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The best part was the say.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited September 2015
    Oh...didnt even know combat logs were still made.

Teehee, was rather fun. Yes forgot to set priority to mana sip there. What got me was Night Scourge which causes blindness, something I havent seen used in a loooooong time. Didnt even have it highlighted. I got overly cocky (shocker).
  • Ahem, as for Guardian ents, when I got the orb I wondered if it would work, and it did! Frankly I'd rather guardian champ ents were deleted and done with...I dont see why Guardian champs get such a substantial boost compared to other champs.