Davos, Shedrin and Ixion vs Rivius, Mnemosyne and Kaimanahi #1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16429247/2015/2015_wg_round_1.html

Rivius, Mnemosyne and Kaimanahi vs Tremula, Romaan and Tarkenton

Davos, Shedrin and Ixion vs Rivius, Mnemosyne and Kaimanahi #2

Rivius, Mnemosyne and Kaimanahi vs Shuyin, Synkarin and Lothringen #1

Rivius, Mnemosyne and Kaimanahi vs Shuyin, Synkarin and Lothringen #2

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I saw bardiches and klangaxes being obstructed by team mates during this. Has this always been a thing or is it something new?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Report 1131!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It certainly is interesting to see how we've migrated from damage spam and meld wars to "everyone get a warrior."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Trackers have always been in demand!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    No way, our OP combo that's been working for years > warriors
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Apparently you need ample time to strategize for it though.

Only been running it for 3.5 years now

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • To be fair, it does completely change what auras we would be running, target priority, etc. Considering when we entered that match, we had no idea if it was Thalkros or Shuyin as Estarra event explicitly said "Thalkros' team" after the sub had apparently happened.

I am not super familiar with the intricacies of which auras do what bit of healing and was frantically looking it up when the teams were first announce. The substitution immediately preceding our match took that away, and there was even confusion as to what classes people were playing as the TAs only seem to ever show up to win credits, not contribute to the game.

It does make a difference. I am not saying that it was unfair for the substitution to happen, only to say that it makes no difference is patently untrue.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited October 2015
    I dunno, I feel like logging in to play counts as contributing, but what do I know, I just wanted easy credits.

Also did you see how I was wielding the powerstone. I didn't even have robes, tarot deck, or a magic tome the first fight haha, I had to do a lot of scrambling in between fights.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Pot shots aside, semantically, sure it makes a difference. Big picture? not so much.  Healing aura's probably made as much of a difference as Shuyin not actually wearing robes during our fight did. (He wasn't and it didn't). 

I could easily say that it's not anyone's fault but your own that you were unaware what healing aura's do what. Is it our responsibility to ensure you are knowledgeable about your own skills and what you should be using in what situation? Sometimes you have to adapt to what's given to you. Just like a certain team you guys beat first round turned around and beat you the second time. 

But sure, blame it on the substitution. Definitely what did you guys in.

Anyway, here's my logs

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    I would say that having to scramble and look how healing auras is your issue, not anything to do with the substitution. Wargames are about combat, which requires teamwork, on the fly adaptation, and in depth knowledge of your own (and other) skills. Kind of silly.

Lol@just logging in for credits though. They don't log in right now because Lusternia PK is boring and they are PKers. This way a PK event, so they logged on. The credits are swell, but I think the TAs are already artied to the teeth, credits don't really drive them at this point. Winning and the subsequent complaints, I think, satiate their griefer hearts though.

I actually managed to get up in time to do the wargames, but I accidentally passed out (thanks hangover) right before it started. Oops.

• I agree, I was not adequately prepared.

I do not blame the substitution for our loss, or believe it to have been unfair.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2015
    I dunno, Mnem, Kelly and myself literally formed our team minutes before the games started. We played with on the fly strategies, and felt like we did pretty well. We did beat the gpent-song strat despite my endless brainfarts, proving that it can be done just fine.

There were a lot of warriors this time, but that was more a function of just who was around at the time, not so much any new trend in combat. The majority of the warriors that played have been warriors for IRL years. Some of us have stuck with the class through the suck and the notsosuck.
    Even if there were a trend it's irrelevant as warriors are being deleted, which is the most depressing thing to happen in Lusternia to me, given that I honestly think they're the best class design ATM by far. Oh well, combat was a fun venture while it lasted.

One thing I feel embarrassed about was a curing error in the first match that kept me smoking under asthma in aeon. Had to catch it and fix it before the next match for Mnem and I. That silly error might have cost us the match and I feel like I really let those guys down. Oh well.