Influencing bonuses and perks

edited October 2015 in Q&A
Mostly for the @admin, but l'd like to know roughly the level of strength of all influence buffs, just so I can have a better understanding of the system. If someone up there could categorize the following as High - Medium - Low and  Barely Noticeable, that'd be great:

- Charismatic Aura
- Wetfold
- Influence Runes
- Hair / Moustache (do these stack or not?)
- Performing (and thus Dramaturgy performing)
- Beast influence
- Meld in room
- ~6000 Total Ego
- ~9000 Total Ego
- ~12000+ Total Ego
- Racial perks
- Illithoid Demigod+ Perk (I think this deserves its own category)
- Clothing (either eloquent or poor)
- Oils
- Stag Trueheart
- Quietmind *

* Quietmind is considered outside the bonuses to influencing attacks, since it is technically a secondary attack in itself.

And anything else I may have forgotten

Ty

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    not too much idea about how most of this work, but things you might have forgotten:

- house boni. I think I've read somewhere that some great / lesser houses give influencing boni on certain type
    - oils (sandalwood, etc)

two things I can definitely vote:
    - charismatic aura is extremely powerful a buff, maybe the most powerful out there
    - wetfold... influencing bonus seems to be not very high, but increase esteem input by noticable amount.

For the others? too inexperienced to know.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    All the racial perks are equal in strength, including the Illithoid demigod perk. 

I know Charismaticaura is a sizeable bonus

You also forgot QuietMind which is a noticeable bonus as well

Do different ego levels really effect influencing effectiveness? That seems odd

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You forgot Stag Trueheart, which is the same bonus as hair, stacking with hair.
  • - Yep forgot Oils.

- I forgot Quietmind, but Quietmind is actually an outlier to all this. It is like a secondary attack done. I would love to know how its values

- I want to know -how- effective they are, their strengths. I know all racial perks are the same (does that include Demi+ Illithoid? Because I had assumed it would be something more potent), but want to know if it is noticeable or passable.

I'll add the mentioned things to the list
  • - Charismatic Aura

HUGE.

- Wetfold
    Very minor

- Influence Runes
    Moderate

Minor

- Performing (and thus Dramaturgy performing)
    Medium

- Beast influence
    Minor

- ~6000 Total Ego
    - ~9000 Total Ego
    - ~12000+ Total Ego
    Only mattered when ego was driven by cha.

- Clothing (either eloquent or poor)
    Major

- Oils
    Very minor

Just the ones I've got personal experience with. "Minor" stuff you aren't even going to notice individually, though if you've got them ALL the difference is noticeable. Moderate/medium and you'll notice the difference if you're missing one. Prestige/charismaticaura are more important than anything else.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Thank you @Riluna.

I recently tested Illithoid, and im assuming all racial, buffs. It was pretty minor, and basically just reduced my influencing by 1 step.

So then if ego has no effect on influencing strength, there is very little reason to try and accumulate high amounts (unless a psionic user I suppose)
  • Large ego pools will still be useful for debates.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • From my experience, Charismatic Aura and Wetfold are your two biggest buffs. However, I had tattoos for everything so I couldn't test excluding the tattoos.

I think the more important tests are in regard to the things you can change, performance, perfumes and looking at how much they effect different types of influencing. I haven't had a chance to test that particular thing yet though

Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • completely forgot about tattoos
  • Davos said:
    From my experience, Charismatic Aura and Wetfold are your two biggest buffs. However, I had tattoos for everything so I couldn't test excluding the tattoos.

I think the more important tests are in regard to the things you can change, performance, perfumes and looking at how much they effect different types of influencing. I haven't had a chance to test that particular thing yet though

The perk from prestige is definitely stronger than wetfold. For the sake of curiosity, do you really feel like wetfold is that significant a difference?

I'm sorry, I can't remember the source for this information, but numbers I've heard along the way (that seemed reliable) put charismaticaura at a solid 33% boost. Wetfold, from hearsay, was about 5%. From personal experience, I'd judge perfumes to be less than that, and beast influence about par. Wetfold has been hard for me to judge, perhaps, because I've tested it way later than anything else and it's not that noticable when you have everything else.

But there seems to be a way to measure it, if somebody has more patience with numbers than me to do it. The amount of ego drained from your personal pool for each attack at least seems to be directly proportional to the strength of the mob, and the strength of your hit combined. But I'm not honestly sure if I'm seeing patterns where there aren't any, and I haven't been nearly as active since the overhaul and charisma was taken away.