m&mf

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I always read this as "m&mmph" and it makes me happy. I am also lazy and haven't switched yet, but if (when) I get hit with the arnica bug one more time, it may (will) send me over the edge.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    What's the arnica bug? 

I only switched when I classflexed warrior for a week, because I wanted warrior defs rolling. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Here it is featured in one of the darkest moments of my PK career -   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5719574/Fail duel.html

were you ignoring the 'checkslickness' check? 

That was an issue recently since 'apply liniment checkslickness' started looking for bodyparts instead of just applying. Obviously it should realize you have slickness when trying to apply arnica so that should be an easy fix.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Gabriella I announced the system was going to go free three weeks before it went free, so you had four weeks of support, and not a week as you claim. On top of that, I took m&m off the market, so people couldn't buy it when it was about to lose support - that's five weeks of heads up. On top of that, I released everything for the system, so others can take it up if they'd like, so it's not like you're locked out of the system and it's completely useless. I can't see how more generosity is expected here.
  • Sorry @Vadi just a case of the grumps on my part.  I just saved for weeks for the system after thinking about if it was really worth it for a long while.  I didn't see anything about it going free, so I had no idea until it was suddenly up on the forums.  It just seemed like everything did it overnight.  Not that that is your problem, if I didn't see any of that.  I didn't mean to make it look like I was accusing you of trying to pull a fast one, just explaining why I wanted to hang on to the current system and why I was so upset over it, especially since I was unaware of your announcements.  Again, not your fault or problem.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Just a heads up, I've noticed a lot of people having issues installing the rar file as a whole.

If you attempt to install the rar file and it doesn't put anything in your package manage, you need to unzip it and install the m&m (import me) file, and then manually import any addons you want added.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • Has anyone figured out a fix for the waterbreathing/levitation not having the same lines? I can't find where in the system I'd need to update this.

I just installed the newest iteration on the github and continue to have the problem.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What do you mean? Waterbreathing and levitation shouldn't have the same lines, they are different defenses. 
  • This is what I'm talking about https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9aa941db

edited November 2015
    For waterbreathing and levitate, there are actually two different defenses for each, even though they are the same thing.

There is one defense for the ritualselemental version and one defense for the enchant and they vary by the name, like waterbreathing and waterbreathe, levitation and levitating (I think)

This was put in before the advent of classflexing so it was an easy solution to the two different defs, but it wasn't really updated.

I'm assuming that the new def line just needs to be added to account for each.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin, yeah, I figured that was the case. The issue I'm running into is I can't search for waterbreathing and find what the function is that defines that you raised it and add in the new defense line

I search for You briefly hold your hand over your mouth until your lips and tongue tingle. and it results as trigger 6322 which I cannot open.

Do you happen to know what the function would be for saying that I successfully raised levitation and waterbreathing so I can add the lines in myself?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Quick question, but how do you set the healing 'sanitise' skill as your main cleanse option? I tried all of the following to no avail:

mmconfig cleansetype healing
    mmconfig cleansetype Healing skill
    mmconfig cleansetype healing skill
    mmconfig cleansetype skill
    mmconfig cleansetype sanitise
    mmconfig cleansetype Sanitise
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Enchant, Spell, and Healing appear to be valid options. I think.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    For some reason, healing wasn't valid until after I'd saved the profile and reloaded it (with mudlet).

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    There's the "soap" option too for those with the artifact.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Alright, what am I missing? I'm trying to install m&mf. Got through the Git clone step, installing all the Lua packages (running Linux Mint, an Ubuntu-based OS), generating my class. But when I try to do the Lua module loading in Mudlet... nothing happens. No error, just nothing. Yes, GMCP is enabled.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Are you trying to load it in for development purposes or just to use the system?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Just trying to use the system. The only instructions I found for anything were in the readme, so I assumed that's what I needed.

I'm seriously overthinking/doing this, aren't I...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• edited December 2015
    Edit:
    Snip, I'm late
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yes, I've seen that page. It is a wonderful place to download things from, but doesn't say what you should DO with them. Do I need the source package as well as the class package? Do I have to extract them? Or do I just install them in the Package Manager?

• Download the one for your respective class, install it.
    Restart mudlet, login, do mminstall and run through it, restart again.
    Done.
    Thanks, got it now. Yeah, I don't know why I was trying to make that uber complicated.

And I'm sure this has been answered before, but the forum search feature is useless. How do I stop mmf from constantly eating kafe when I want the kafe defense or rubbing levitation/waterbreathing/waterwalking enchantments over and over and over again? Also, m&m used to wait until balance or equilibrium was regained before attempting the next defense that needed that, while m&mf spams all of the next commands over and over until they go through. How can I stop it from doing that?

Can you post a log?

It shouldn't be spamming it, so something seems off.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Here's a log of both of them:

http://pastebin.com/53bQyiXK

• The extra newline might be stuffing things up - see if you can get rid of it (either mudlet or Lusternia settings, can't remember which).
  • Might be this option:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    hmm, since a week or so the namedb plugin does act up on me in the way that it gets hung up on checking a random single person, forcing me to ndb cancel, but doesn't resume working unless I redo the whole db, which is kind of beside the point. Any ideas how I could track down that problem?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Vadi said:
    The extra newline might be stuffing things up - see if you can get rid of it (either mudlet or Lusternia settings, can't remember which).
    I had a new line added in the prompt options in Lusternia itself. I never used to have trouble with it, but removing the line break from the prompt did have a positive effect. I like having that line break there, though :( . Everything is too smashed together without it.