m&mf

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have two problems with m&m right now. I installed the allclasses pack. Help fixing either of these would be appreciated.

1. I set the system to cure bleeding with clot. After the first time that it does so, I get spammed with "You are neither bleeding nor bruished." I was told that the way to fix this was to go into the clot2 trigger and add that line in, but that does not seem to work. Right now I have these three lines in m&m clot2, all of them set as exact matches:

1. You do not bleed, my friend.
    2. You are not bruised, my friend.
    3. You are neither bleeding nor bruised.

2. After running the mminstall command, m&m spams STANCE LEGS before I log in, when I'm supposed to be entering username and password. It did not do this before I ran mminstall and was going off of manually configged settings.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The way I get around the second problem is to have a trigger where the system pauses every time it gets the login request information, and then unpause it manually when I log in. But that's because I'm too lazy to fix my broken 'unpause when I log in' trigger.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The clot solution should be satisfactory, it'll be added in future updates

The second point is known, the workaround is to start paused, log in, then unpause. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Did you restart the profile after switching? I believe it loads the colors on starting as well as org specific defs M&m doesn't deal with enemy/ally stuff really except through highlighting with the politics (mmconfig politics)
    Is there an easy way to export cure prios and stance/parry? Those things take me a long, long time to set up, even with help from people like you IG.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • New question, please!

I vault onto my mount, then always getting right back off to order it to follow me... what configuration do I need to fix for that? It's definitely m&m as I pause the system and I stay on the horse just fine. :(

Thanks all!
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • You can type "va" for that. It toggles mounting.
    Zarialle said:
    New question, please!

I vault onto my mount, then always getting right back off to order it to follow me... what configuration do I need to fix for that? It's definitely m&m as I pause the system and I stay on the horse just fine. :(

Thanks all!

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    yeah, 'va' or mmkeep riding

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • lol I'M DEAD OKAY I DON'T NEED TO SIP ANYMORE JFC

• There needs to be an update fairly soon- a bunch of the defense messages have been modified when you look at def.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2016
    Never mind, got it
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2016
    @Shaddus - mmp.gotoRoom (num) is the function, or something similar.

@Tridemon - the Def lines is an easy update, anyone can do it, just need to update and push it in. I've been busy with holidays, and still have a bunch of the warrior update to put in. The Def issue is minor and really has little impact on things

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Nah, I ended up just using expandAlias("goto 12345")
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Obligatory using expandAlias is a bad idea

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Obligatory using expandAlias is a bad idea
    It's just to get to an urtrap in a forest location. What's wrong with it?
  • Has there not been a better fix listed for the 'you are not bleeding nor bruised' spam? It's a real pain to deal with during Domoths and Astral. And it'd be nice to have a list of aliases and stuff, if there isn't already one.

• edited January 2016
    Just add that line into the clot2 trigger, then restart mudlet... That's literally all you have to do.

Like this. I did that, and have zero issues whatsoever with it, now.

As for aliases, the m&m documentation is still up to date.
  • I can't seem to find the place to actually adjust the lines for perfection defenses- I can see where it is, the name's a number when I search for it, but it doesn't seem to let me GO to the actual trigger/script when I click on it in the search thingy.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    You'll have to update the files, m&m makes temp triggers for all the def stuff so you can't edit them in game. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'm looking to capture something on the ground with IH, like the following:

"dragon228627"                          a ruby dragon

Technically, I'm only trying to capture the dragon and # for a trigger, but I think the spaces and long desc at the end are throwing me off. Any thoughts?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    ^/"(\w+)(\d+).*$ should do the trick. May have to reverse the slashes, I always screw thenlm up when not at my computer. Matches [2] is name, matches[3] is number
  • @Tarkenton wrong direction for the slashes!

^\"(\w+)(\d+).*$ works. The .* part is a wildcard that can match anything, so it'll capture the space and the descriptor (any number of spaces and descriptors).

Like I said, when I'm not at a computer to verify it with a regexp checker, I screw it up. Every time xD
  • I have a little problem: whenever I try to influence something, it does not give me the usual line (like 'You compliment...') for it but instead shows nothing. The only thing I can see is being questioned by the mobs with the equilibrium recovery line gone as well.
  • Thyelleia said:
    I have a little problem: whenever I try to influence something, it does not give me the usual line (like 'You compliment...') for it but instead shows nothing. The only thing I can see is being questioned by the mobs with the equilibrium recovery line gone as well.
    The default influence script looks a bit unfinished to me. There is a trigger with the name "Just influenced - gag it" that gags the empower lines but not any of the other lines.

Another problem is that it will pick an attack to use randomly instead of rotating between them. I did a quick fix to it by changing the mmi.doinfluencing() function in the main script to:
    infIndex = 1

function mmi.doinfluencing()

if not mmi.influencing or not mm.bals.balance or not mm.bals.equilibrium then return end

if (infIndex > #types[mmi.attacktype]) then infIndex = 1 end

send(string.format("influence %s with %s", mmi.target, types[mmi.attacktype][infIndex]), false)

infIndex = infIndex + 1

return true

end

• Ah, thank you very much! 
    I disabled the trigger and now everything is working as it used to. Now, I just have to fix my installation somehow. Since I installed and deinstalled it so many times while trying to figure out the influence problem, I somehow broke it slightly. Now, it either gets confused with my pipes when reinstalling or just spams that the configuration is done without asking me any of the usual questions.
  • So here's something strange.  Whenever I'm in Nirvana, my curing doesn't work at all.  It doesn't even try to sip anything, or eat an herb, nothing.  I'm not sure if that's an MMF bug, or a game thing...
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    m-mf bug - probably has to do with the prompt

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I got through the end of the install process and now it looks like I know it from back then. The only problem now is that it keeps asking me 'What is it you wish to light?' even though I double checked my pipe-IDs and they seem to be fine.
    Make sure you have one of all four. One pipe could be loaded with the same thing twice.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All you have to do to get your curing working again is diagnose. The system is waiting for your WAKE command to finish.