The Moment She Emerged: Gurashi's Journey into Psionics (and BACKSTORY)

edited May 2020 in Event Scrolls
Ahhh.

Since Gurashi repaired his antennae near the beginning of this year and started being in communication with the Hives again (specifically one princess), it has been a long, arduous journey of figuring out who he was, where he came from, and what it was that happened to him before the Portal. Really: several months worth of logs! All the really important ones are bold. The rest are fun filler. This event is why Gurashi has been mute for the last week or so IG!!!

Almost all of these events were aided by @Tridemon, who has been... just. Exceptional. A+ guide and stellar friend. Also thanks to the patience of Xenthos and Olethea and Esei and many more for putting up with Gurashi's sometimes insufferable behavior. Also to the admin (lookin' at you Mysrai and Viravain) that have added to the drama and excitement... Anyway. Uh. Lots of crazy long writing so. 

Thanks for reading!

(ps, the actual backstory-y ones have ** before them)

The First Encounter: Her
-Actually, ALL of this started accidentally. I was supposed to fix my antennae, go crazy and hopefully have the antennae severed again... but... it got interrupted. And so I had to figure out what to do on the SPOT, and so I wound up frantically fleshing out a character from Gurashi's backstory. 

Sick with Psionics: Month 1
-Gurashi not feel so good. Lucky him friends there to make sure nobody dies. 

Sick with Psionics: Month 2
-O-K, Hivenoise too noisy, so got a Circlet to help. Putting it on was fun. /s

Great Googly Moogly She's REAL
-Some epic Godmin was paying attention to Gurashi's recent brain struggles and fed into the noise while Gurashi was out questing with dadthos... eeee. 

"[The Water] Wanted to be Cats"
-Perfect example of silly slice-of-life encounter Gurashi has been going on with Tridemon, trying to familiarize Khep with the Overvault. 

What's in a Name?
-A breakthrough in communication with Khep, in which the boys get to see what Khep looks like, and Gurashi learns his old name.

The Formation of the Mindscape
-Tridemon helps Gurashi develop his own little mental 'safe space' that is just for him, and for the things he wants to protect. An attempt to invite Khep!

Reaching Out, Again...
-A second attempt to connect with Khep, but something ominous looming just out of sight ...

Finding Something that Shouldn't be Out There ...
-Investigating the strange sensations from the month before ... 

Hoping it Holds
-Ahhh! The strange bugs from beyond the wall are ATTACKING! What is with these them and their angry obsession with Gurashi?

Examining the Damage
-Following the attack on the walls, trying to figure out what happened, and a strange, unexplained residual effect ... 

A round chamber
-Tridemon steps up his friend-game by making a room for Gurashi to resemble his mindscape. And it helps!

waiting waiting find me, findmefindmefindme
-After about 5 months of Bizirik being MISSING... we find out a little bit why (TL;DR, she no like the new visitors... perhaps because they've already MET)

<-- cue the beginning the exciting/stressful Beloved trek to become a Beloved...! Those logs are over here... 

Flailing, you say to Tridemon, "Y-YOU ARE ... A BUG."
-I literally don't need to say more beyond the title.

A Quiet Repose
-Discussing kepheran games, but Khep having a quiet chat about the state of things.

Points for Gurashi!
-Warning: don't use a MUKU BALL for a KICKBALL GAME.

<-- More stressful things involving Viravain/Beloved! I don't have the start of them, but Gurashi was thinking Viravain was saying no... weep.

Chains of Memory (Tridemon) / While You were Remembering 
-Lots of Self-RP happens that I don't always log < < A companion log to Tridemon's own preparation for big scary ?? bugs. 

"...am I gonna wanna hug you?"
-Tridemon hints that he's made something! Also offering some relief to some noisy brain things. 

His Name Was...
**Hinted at in previous logs... the mysterious lost kephera from Gurashi's pre-Portal life! But did they wake up something they shouldn't have...? 

"Please do not make me do that again."
-Attempting to communicate with the anomalous presence ...

<-- Cue CRIPPLING STRESS involving Viravain/Beloved. Those logs are here...

Caring Isn't Wrong.
-After reading Rancoura's letter... 

The Reflection Pool
**Tridemon offers a look into his own mindscape, in the hopes it will help Khep tell her story... 

It's Not Broken Anymore... 
-Ahhhhhhhh, Tridemon tells Gurashi and Khep his whole backstory about his arm. Or at least as much as he can remember. Bittersweet. 

It is a Kind Thing...
-The beginning of the end: so many big, scary, stressful things, and no relief in sight have left Gurashi in a bad way...

Before: Gurashi's Backstory
**Aaaaaaa... after a marathon like on-again-off-again 13-hour RP session with my favorite rockman... [TW: Trigger warning for violence and uncomfortable adult insinuations] 

<-- AND THEN DRAGONS ATTACKED NEW CELEST. Literally ended as the event started, hence semi-abrupt finale. Also that's a lot of hours. So many hours... worth it. 

...oh god. And now we're here, at the BOTTOM. Hello! If you made it this far, thanks for reading!! More things have happened since the backstory dropped like, a week ago, but clearly it's taken me THIS LONG to post -these-. There are a couple lost logs on the mix, alas, because Nexus wants to hurt me emotionally. But. Uhm. *fret* Yeah!

Thanks for all you have given me! 
‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

Comments

• HENLO did you think I was GONE? Nope. VIRAVAIN action and a POOR MUTE BOY.

Desperate to Help, Afeared to Go
    -Gurashi just wants to go to New Celest and help clear the damage the dragon did but... he is still scare. And Viramom isn't helping.

"Hmm. Look up, and imagine stars."
    -A second visit from Viramom! If only Gurashi could tell her 'no it's more than that'... 

Music and Guidance
    -Tridemon gives the mandolin a try, while sneakily trying to find a way to make things normal again... 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• And yes I drew kepheran!Tridemon XD!