Pilot Proficiency

Does anyone have verifiable ways to increase pilot proficiency? 

I have tried many different methods to increase my feeble 5 proficiency and have not even narrowed down exactly what might.

I have attempted repeatedly running silent or farhorizon on and then off, I have tried transversing over and over, creating and dissolving armadas.

I pilot hunts probably more often than anyone else and have been pilot in many of the recent flares and feel like my 5 proficiency is not representative of the number of skills I've utilized as pilot (from shadowing to sluice, flashpoints, etc)

Any advice would be great, particularly if it could be verified by seeing even a single point increase in proficiency from doing it.
Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.

Comments

• Anything that consumes module balance has a 15% chance to increase proficiency, which(visibly)  increases in .1% intervals.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • There isn't a "this ability won't increase proficiency" list? From the arguments on the forums and elsewhere, it seems at least normal steering doesn't increase pilot proficiency, nor gliding.
  • Ieptix said:
    Anything that consumes module balance has a 15% chance to increase proficiency, which(visibly)  increases in .1% intervals.

Thank you for your response!

It seems pretty clear that pilot steer and glide do not increase pilot proficiency. With the information you provided above, is this a bug? I always thought it strange that piloting a ship did not increase your piloting proficiency.

Is there anyway to see a .1 increase in proficiency through GMCP or anything like that or is that just hidden to users?
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.