2013 Players' Wishlist

13»

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Astraea said:
    + Draxbaylock 
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

This. All of this. Everywhere.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Celina said:
    Shuyin said:
    I'd like a review and tune up of existing mechanics, especially conflict ones, before we go and release New Minigame/Gimmick #5. That's my main wish for this year.
    This.

I'd also like to see some class tune ups and a more interesting seperation between moon wicca and Night wicca, namely more than 3 fae difference.

I would also like to see events that were based off the players (like the Xynthin/visions events) rather than mob meat grinders for some end of the world goal. I think they are the most engaging.

But seriously, we have enough versions of gotta catch em all pokemon, please no more. Mindless WoW style quest grinding really diminishes the game overall.
    Very much this. Also, the bit about a bit more distinction for wicca between the two covens. 

And also, I'd like a bit more depth to what already exists. While a lot of it is already in place, I always feel that the Moondancers as a guild lack a bit compared to Shadowdancers and arguably the guardians that I have any knowledge of because our general purpose of "protect the fae" was kinda messed up around the time Glomdoring came out and then more when they got changed to be less overtly evil/tainted to stop us beating on them so much (which didn't really work). I have ranted about it before and since, but the core idea remains the same, the game has changed enough since the start without corresponding changes in the Lusternians that I always found it very hard to drive RP to give more identity to the Moondancers, and am still after my return at the point where if people asked me what the Moondancers actually do, I'd struggle to give a coherent answer.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Sounds like you are doing it wrong. 
    Talk to your patron if you feel like you have no direction and are awash in a sea of uncertainty and doubt. Lusternia has no shortage of theme, lore, history or back stories.

Also, there have been hints about some wiccan love being in the works. But that probably won't happen for at least 3 months and probably a good bit longer.

• Llandros: Have tried many things, over the years.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • @Laysus I've felt that way too; it got pretty discouraging for a while and was a big contributor to my seeking of altier pastures. But once I came back I realized that RP and direction weren't just going to happen. If you like the rituals and things Lillie does (I know I love doing them, especially improvised ones) try some of your own! There's a ton of stuff you can extrapolate from just the Lunar Breviary, and about ten more tons sitting gathering dust in Moondance Tower's library. And the Moon bubble was cool too; going there and looking at room descs/denizens really gets my creative fire lit up.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    My impression is that a lot of the SD RP has come from players, rather a specific player or small handful of them, rather than anything the admin did.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited February 2013
    Lillie is cool. A bit odd, but cool. I like his ritual things. :D

(I keep forgetting Lillie is male, sorry.)

• Ah, excellent. I'm doing things right, then.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lillie said:
    @Laysus I've felt that way too; it got pretty discouraging for a while and was a big contributor to my seeking of altier pastures. But once I came back I realized that RP and direction weren't just going to happen. If you like the rituals and things Lillie does (I know I love doing them, especially improvised ones) try some of your own! There's a ton of stuff you can extrapolate from just the Lunar Breviary, and about ten more tons sitting gathering dust in Moondance Tower's library. And the Moon bubble was cool too; going there and looking at room descs/denizens really gets my creative fire lit up.

Celina said:
    My impression is that a lot of the SD RP has come from players, rather a specific player or small handful of them, rather than anything the admin did.
    This is what we did. One of the central themes of the Serenguard, the Warrior Spirits, was created and developed by Gwylifar and the players as something they just wanted to do. Aside from the addition of the ceremonial stones (which Gwylifar didn't ask for, they just appeared), it required no admin direction or involvement.

Then there was the time the SG had stagnated and I decided to overhaul the guild and its focus. Fun times. But yeah, point is, it's totally fine to invent your own lore, so long as you do it well. If it's something you don't require mechanics for, all the better. For example, though I ask, no one can really tell me what Mother Moon's teachings are in any depth. If there aren't any, make them up!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2013
    That's how I've felt too. For a while I'd pore through the books in the Moondance Library, convinced that one of them laid out all of the deep lore in great detail - a holy grail of Moondancers, if you will. There isn't one, and I've explained this to a couple of the younger ones by saying basically that Moondancer magic isn't structured and mathematical like the "magic of the cityfolk." It's intuitive, always nearby, and waiting to be called upon, not requiring long, elaborate rituals or structured pentagrammacles.

I think this approach meshes pretty well with moon worshipers, since the moon's almost always up there, and moonlight's always all around (more or less), and as for the fae, they're pretty much all over the place in Serenwilde too. Pixies, leprechauns, not to mention that with enough wicca learned you can just summon up whatever kind you want.

That said I'm trying to improve the Moondancer's spiritual side not so much by making a bunch of new lore but by bringing what we already have to the forefront. Once people are more aware of it I might try to think of some new things, but there's a lot of good stuff just sitting around never getting looked at.

• I feel that's actually a part of the problem - a lot of very good work was done in the early days, so now it's all there but with few people upholding it, it's hard to make it feel good for those who join the guild.
  • That's where we come in!

• I'd like to see more expansion of the higher realms. Going off of Astrology ABs, it looks like there's room for elemental demiplanes... Volcano is the sign of Lava, Burning Censer is the sign of Smoke, Crocodile is the sign of Mud, Glacier is the sign of Ice. It might also be neat to see the creches of various Elders in the Cosmic. I bet the birthplace of Clangorum/Agnomenon would be a fun neutral Cosmic territory.

I enjoy the expansion of Prime and continents outside the Basin. I wouldn't mind more, especially if they came in non-frozen, non-Undervault varieties. Maybe some nice jungle. Or you know, something temperate.

...I just want to move slightly faster than rush hour traffic, here.

Cautiously hopeful about seeing new monk guilds. Know there've been some concerns about population and whatnot.
  • Recruit your friends and vote if you want the new guilds to happen! 

New non org aligned cosmic areas would be cool. Something with baby S mobs would be fun so you would have to hunt there with some buddies.

The elemental planes already got some expansions with shattered earth and the water equivalent.