Real World Raves

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    PCMR isn't about hating consoles.

PCMR is about recognizing that while consoles have their place, PCs are their superiors.

Love of Fallout transcends all boundaries.  Go with pride, brother.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    Now wait just a minute. Didn't you tell me it was absurd to play a Bethesda game on anything other than a PC, because mods?

EDIT: Yep, Fallout 4 specifically. ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Personally, I prefer Fallout on PC not because of mods but because of keyboard+mouse. I never did manage to get the hang of accurate targetting with dpads.
    It is absurd.

However, if you can't afford a PC that'll run it, well, Fallout is Fallout.  Besides, it'll be about a year before the really good mods happen.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2015
    This could be considered half rant, half rave:

Rant: I managed to go almost the entire expo that I went to, without splurging for anything >_>
    Rave: I managed to score a Wii U for $99 plus 40 various games for $40 >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Finally, after four years, bought the Dragonborn expansion to Skyrim. It's good to return to Solstheim, though I like pre-cataclysm Solstheim from Bloodmoon better. Best part is hearing all that awesome Morrowind music again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Everiine said:
    Finally, after four years, bought the Dragonborn expansion to Skyrim. It's good to return to Solstheim, though I like pre-cataclysm Solstheim from Bloodmoon better. Best part is hearing all that awesome Morrowind music again.
    Have fun! Dragonborn is awesome. I was a little disappointed that it was so short (I liked Dawnguard better for length), but there's still an awesome bit of lore in that one.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2015
    First day since about two months where work is actually fun and challenging.
    :x
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Fallout on console is better than no Fallout at all. Fallout on PC is superior.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Baelor said:
    Fallout on console is better than no Fallout at all. Fallout on PC is superior.
    I literally can't even with this wait. I need it.
    Suppose I ought to finally buy it on steam so I can have it preloaded. Of course, my sister in law is getting married on that Wednesday. Guess who's going to be ushing while loaded up on energy drinks?
  • I may or may not have taken a three-week vacation starting the week after Fallout is released... I just hope my old graphics card will hold up for it :( Old GeForce GTX 460 is old...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Had a good run after slacking on it for far too long. Now to eat the pie I made earlier. That's how this works, right? Exercise, then pie?  ;;)
  • Stargate SG-1.  Daniel Jackson is my one true love.

• Wasteland 2 for the win!
    </RANT>
  • Raves for relaxing watching of documentaries about Tudor rulers.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Salome said:
    Raves for relaxing watching of documentaries about Tudor rulers.
    Which one. :O
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Today I learned that my Latin students have been saying that Snape is real, and that he is an American. I am calling this a victory. To rule through fear is to truly rule. Plus I can just do whatever at office hours because nobody ever shows up.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Sylandra said:
    Salome said:
    Raves for relaxing watching of documentaries about Tudor rulers.
    Which one. :O
    @Sylandra I watched "The Secrets of the Virgin Queen, The Court of Henry VIII and Inside the Body of Henry VIII," as well as "Secrets of the Royal Bedchamber." Two of them are on Netflix, the other two are on youtube.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Currently sitting here paralyzed by anxiety because I have an appointment with my new therapist in an hour-ish. This is a rave because I know that going to talk to someone is a good thing, despite my anxious nature's insistence that anything requiring me to leave the house and talk to people is a bad thing. Here's hoping everything goes well, as far as first appointments go!

• #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters as usual this year, so there's plenty of candy leftover.  :D Just gonna help myself to these Kit Kats...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Woke up this morning with my wife having taken my car out to get the tires replaced. No more sliding all over the road because my tires have no tread and have wire showing.

Tonight is also the best time of the year: 50% off Halloween Candy at Walmart.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just came back from a weekend camping trip. I hate setting up and I hate packing up. But the in between bits were lovely! (Even if I am sunburned, oww.)

• An excellent night out for Halloween, bar a rather drunk Superman trying to start a fight with anyone in sight.

Not sure I remember the getting home part entirely.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The gig is up, Atropos. Today at WalMart, I found where she gets her candy for the Portal.

Milk chocolate brains, hearts, and feet filled with oozing red caramel. The only buff they seem to be giving me is a sugar buff.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm generally not a big baseball fan, but they're my home team, so...

Fuck yeah, Royals won the World Series.