THE GRAND PROVINCE OF MAGNAGORA
THE GRAND DOMINION OF GAUDIGUCH
THE FREE COLLECTIVE OF GLOMDORING
THE HOLY PRINCIPALITY OF NEW CELEST
THE FREE COLLECTIVE OF SERENWILDE
THE GRAND DOMINION OF HALLIFAX

Best Answers

Answers

• do you need to be able to distinguish which type of government the org has at the time?  I'm sure someone has a list of the (grand province|free collective|etc), but in the meantime, why not just:

THE (.*) OF (MAGNAGORA|CELEST|GAUDIGUCH|HALLIFAX|SERENWILDE|GLOMDORING)
  • When I write my regexes, I prefer to be as precise as possible. While the above regex would work, it would also run the risk of catching too much. For instance, it would also match "The Grand Republic of Bananas as well as the Free Collective of Glomdoring".
  • omg, suffix Llandros king of The Grand Republic of Bananas

I will be my own org in your system!

• edited February 2013
    That, along with some other things and my logs, have brought me a lot closer! Thanks!

For those interested, my regex now looks like:

the (free|grand|great|holy|mighty|righteous|sovereign) (alliance|collective|commonwealth|dominion|duchy|empire|forest|kingdom|principality|province|territories) of (glomdoring|new celest|gaudiguch|magnagora|hallifax|serenwilde)

I'm sure there are things it won't catch (and there might be some titles in there that are erroneous, since people like calling their orgs various things of their own device). But it's a start!
  • Ah, I didn't realize the dominion and stuff was seperate from the celest versions because celest was religious. That's interesting. Nice to know.