Does anyone have any Ideas about how I change this?

my poison script is suppose to apply poison everything time it sees the no poison/magic line. Before my attacks I do wp weapon and then block all the lines in the weaponprobe stuff so that its not much spam and its a little bit more better the problem is that my weapon has coal runes on it which blocks the trigger line so I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to keep most of my things but change a couple of things this is all my stuff:

Comments

• Also any new ideas about a poison script would help I wouldnt mind restarting. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    It's rather difficult triggering on something that is not in the output. So maybe you could so something like the following.

in a script preinitialize two variables, poison_left and poison_right.

Then define yourself a new alias called 'ewp' or anything like that, plus two trigger lines two trigger specifically on a poison being there, each storing their current result in either poison_left or poison_right.

within 'ewp' you do the following:
    - enable your trigger script parsing the output of weapon parse
    - you set poison_left and poison_right to nil.
    - send 'wp' to your weapons

Within the triggers you have a 'done with poisons' trigger, likely that's when the rune output comes. alternatively you can trigger on the lua script return isPrompt() . Within that piece of code:

- you compare whether the poison_left variable holds the poison you expected, otherwise you apply a new poison.
    - same for poison_right

There sure are optimations that can be made. Also, I'm pretty unsure you can have more then one poison per one handed weapon, but I may be wrong. My script idea assumes there can only be one poison per weapon.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • You can have several poisons per weapon, and they're applied on a last-on, first-off basis. I think the general usage is that you wipe your weapons and then re-envenom before each attack though. Yes, it wastes poisons a bit, but that way you can be certain you hit with the poisons you intend instead of essentially random (and often useless) poisons.
    @ssaliss That is the strategy I do use myself as well, though I think @rolsand was looking for something different. Wasn't aware that you could have more poisons per weapon, have to give that a thought myself.
  • edited October 2015
    so I should go to variables and put poison_left and right. How would you set it to nil?
    poison_left=nil

does that trick for you.
  • no I mean scripts then do I just put poison_left and right in the box and do =nil 
  • I get your idea its like if I want senso and its not there it just applies it but I just dont know how to set the trigger part I got the  nil part though 
    I'll try make a better trigger / script flow description. Had to refine it a little, for I forgot that the trigger can't tell weapons easily

- 1. Script

poisons = {}

- 2. "ewp" alias

poisons={}
    enableTrigger("poison wp")
    send("wp weapon")

- 3. the "trigger". name it the same as the value in enableTrigger and disableTrigger, in this case "poison wp"
    Trigger on: There are the following poisons or magical effects on, stay open for 10 more lines.

-4 make a sub trigger and drag it on the 'poison wp' trigger, creating a 'gateway trigger'. This trigger will only be run as long as the parent trigger is open.
    Trigger on: \d\) (.+), perl regexp
    Body: poisions[matches[2]] = true

- 5. make another subtrigger of "poison wp" as told above.
    Trigger: return isPrompt() lua function
    Body: if !poisons["anerod"] then
                 send("envenom weapon with anerod")
              end
              disableTrigger("poisons wp")

Now am not 100% sure if that makes more sense, as I go a different route and that's from the top of my head. Good luck!
    like what error did I make
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ssaliss's solution is how you should be envenoming for PK, FYI. Rather than trying to fix your issues, I would redo how you envenom entirely.

Wipe your weapons, envenom each before an attack, attack, wipe your weapon again. This should be the basic outline for each attack.

Rather than envenoming on a trigger, you will want to envenom as part of your attack macros/aliases. 

You can set up poison variables from there. 
  • Rolsand said:
    like what error did I make
    Lua doesn't use ! as its not-symbol. use the word 'not'. (or if you are using it to see if something is equal to something else, '~='
  • lol I didnt mean to say "like" in my sentence 
  • edited October 2015

if not poisons["anerod"] then

send("envenom weapon with anerod")

end

disableTrigger("poisons wp")

• when you say stay open for ten more lines what should I do to make it do so