Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• That's not your alt? Now I am confused.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Eliron said:
    Kethaera said:
    @Eliron has either the best or worst timing. Sigh.
    Can't it be both?
    ...That time with Tremula, much as I hate to bring it up again. I was sure @Stratas had to have sent you a message on skype or something. I got a message from you literally right when we started talking, after days of you being absent... it was disturbing. 
    I'm not certain I even have Stratas as a skype contact. Stratas, if I have you on skype, I've forgotten what name you go by. Hit me up sometime with a reminder.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm sad it's coming to an end, from what I've gathered by posts on the forums.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tarkenton said:
    I'm sad it's coming to an end, from what I've gathered by posts on the forums.
    Congrats on Vernal!
    Now get to work
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Hey man, use the op mag hacks you have access to to put the domoths on my playtime xD
    Oh I know.  I just haven't had the proper time I really wish I could devote to the game for a few weeks.  Sister in law is getting married on Veteran's Day, so it's been a lot of long hours at work to make sure we stay caught up (the joy s of a completely family run business) so that she can duck out early to take care of the multitude of things that always come up in the approaching weeks, carpal tunnel on my part that's better for the most part, and me working my butt off to get in shape so I can test for a new career.

That all being said, excuses, excuses.  I need to gets the demi train rolling.  CHOO CHOO!
  • Hallifax needs a public bathhouse. Yes.

• Spent an hour and a half influencing and wondering, "why is this slower than usual, even for titan??"

Noticed that I hadn't had charismaticaura and wetfold up. :(

• @Shaddus I'm talking backwards, it's not trolling people. You'd think a role playing game would make the tiniest bit of effort to accommodate someone who is role-playing. The only ones who've actually made an attempt to go out of their way and welcome me are Kierstin and Ventidius. 

I just want to kill people, talk backwards, and make neat-looking clothes.
  • @Eezmag If you wanted to play talk-back, Magnagora is probably not your best bet.

• @Eodh where would be better, then? Magnagora was just the evil city so I went for it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    In defense of those that think you're trolling: your name DOES look like EZ MAG.

Literally any other org would probably be more friendly towards sass. Maybe not Hallifax, I think they prefer dry sarcasm and puns. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Serious question for you: If someone spoke out loud, backwards, would you be able to understand it? I know I wouldn't. Similarly, I decided that my character could not as well. As such, his response was as if you were speaking gibberish (because that is exactly what it would sound like).
  • That's a good point, Xenthos, it would sound like something straight out of the Exorcism. However, I'm in a city full of crazy geomancers and my guildmaster has a deep bond with Gorgulu who (from what I've read) is super crazy. More than one person has understood me, so it would be simple enough for someone to do what @Veldrin just did which is say, "Oh, he is speaking Common, just backwards. Pretty simple enough for a bookbinder to understand." 

(also have to give it to Magnagora, Gero, Veldrin, and Lacunadhel have all been really cool today)
  • Eezmag said:
    @Eodh where would be better, then? Magnagora was just the evil city so I went for it.
    Gaudiguch seems to get a lot of crazies, but I wouldn't go so far as to say you absolutely have to move. My point was in a city like Magnagora, you have to expect the top dogs to beat down on the bottom rungs every now and then.

It seems like you have a handful of Mag characters willing to go along with you, though, so stick to it!

Reading backwards and pronouncing words backwards definitely two very different things. I think we, as being part of a text game, can read backwards without much effort (though why anyon would want to is beyond me). From an RP perspective, if you're actually just pronouncing words in reverse letter order, you're going to sound like sound barf. 
  • Well, they can kill me as much as they want to, they're stuck with me. 

My original plan was to talk with my muse's quirk, BuT tHiS dIdN't MaKe MuCh SeNsE iN lUsTeRnIa. So I went with reverse instead. :o)
    Well fair word of warning: schticks can get on people's nerves, but if that's what you want to do, by all means do what you enjoy. Just don't expect everyone to want to spend the time to read everything backwards. 

There was a Wyrdenwood that used to always whisper everything so I would stand at the Master Ravenwood saying "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" 
  • I recall someone from Glomdoring (@Nienla, I think?) who'd always have an ellipsis before saying anything ("...Hello." or "...That's a good idea."). It was a small quirk, but memorable, for me, since it always looked like she took a breath or a pause before talking. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2015
    Which is understandable that you want to rp, but there's absolutely no reason why you should come out of the Portal speaking backwards. None. Unless you can come up with an in-character reason as to why Magnagorans should not only make the effort to read your backwards script but not kill you for basically being deformed and daring to come out of the Undercity, you won't have a good time.

You aren't new, and you know Magnagorans aren't known for being playful and bending over backwards to help people they perceive are weak or fools.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Eezmag said:
    Well, they can kill me as much as they want to, they're stuck with me. 

My original plan was to talk with my muse's quirk, BuT tHiS dIdN't MaKe MuCh SeNsE iN lUsTeRnIa. So I went with reverse instead. :o)
    They're not stuck with you if you annoy them to the point of them kicking you out. The same applies to any guild/city.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Celina said:
    Well fair word of warning: schticks can get on people's nerves, but if that's what you want to do, by all means do what you enjoy. Just don't expect everyone to want to spend the time to read everything backwards. 

There was a Wyrdenwood that used to always whisper everything so I would stand at the Master Ravenwood saying "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" 

...Should I be flattered that you've never yelled that same question at me? :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• There was actually an event NPC that spoke backwards, briefly. When Aquachem was released, the statue in the guildhall came alive and, due to some temporal twisting, spoke backwards. She doesn't do that anymore.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    If only there were a "LIKELIKELIKELIKE" button... it would be getting abused right about now.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Celina said:
    I would never yell at @Rancoura because I have this mild paranoia that she'll actually shank me when I look away.

Interesting. This was my exact impression as well, developed independantly.
  • Tekora said:
    Hallifax needs a public bathhouse. Yes.

You could always hang out with Krin, if bathhouses are your thing
  • Birdbath joke.
  • Celest has a bathhouse, if you really feel you need to spend time in one. Also a duck pond.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.