various

1. What do these do?
a) argleblaster
b) kiwipunch
c) goldentonic

2. What is the damage type for the Destruction ascendant power?

3. Does someone have a list of the information passed using GMCP?

Best Answers

Answers

• Here's a quick followup:

Does the info obtained from GMCP respect the same restrictions that "ordinary" commands would give?  For example, if there is a room's exits are obscured (through fog or a demesne skill), can you still get the exit list from GMCP?

Basically, are there things in GMCP that you can't get through other means?  Am I missing anything by using a client that doesn't (easily) support GMCP?
  • I don't _think_ that GMCP shows hidden exits, but frankly, I've never bothered trying to find out either. Hmm. If it does, I suppose it's a bug (GMCP showing health etc. through blackout was bugged and fixed). The main point of GMCP is to make it easier; you get your stats in a nice orderly fashion, you can find out who shares your channels, you get updated on the rift when anything happens, etc. It shouldn't give you information that you can't get any other way. I'll see if I can find a definite answer for the exits...
  • Also, I think one of the drinks gives you +1 to all stats. Never used them though.
  • Thanks for the thorough answers!  I don't think we need a controlled test - it sounds like if you -could- get info through GMCP that wasn't there otherwise, it would be a bug anyway.  I was just curious about why it was used instead of regular output, and if it was a super-duper-critical thing to have.
  • It's not really critical, it's just a darned bit handier than parsing normal output. Knowing the room ID without having to use MAP, knowing the items in the room without having to use IH, getting loads of balances through the prompt, etc. Sure, you can do all of that anyway, but... yeah. Makes it much easier.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    argleblaster is +1 to all your stats for an hour