Alliances

1789101113»

Comments

• lol @ the idea that a Celest, Halli, Glom and Seren alliance is actually going to happen.

lol @ the idea that Mag is in danger.

I'll just enjoy the villages and bubbles we have while waving dismissively from a distance. :*
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited November 2015
    Whether it's all four or just three of them, one or the other is inevitably going to happen. The current situation isn't sustainable. 

Whether that puts Mag in "danger" or not is not what I said. I said you'd be on the back foot, which strictly by numbers, you will be once your opposition organizes. What we all know is that you specifically are not in a position to actually be a significant contribution against coordinated enemies, which is where our bewilderment about your pride in Mag's success comes from. If you don't want to take into account the organization (or lack thereof) of your opponents, that's certainly your prerogative. 

Where this Mag superiority thing comes from, I have no idea. It's kind of delusional. Every org has had their ups and downs, and Mag, while doing well, has done much better in the past. The fact that you retain such an attitude about Mag and other orgs on the ooc forums really demonstrates just how deeply the ooc/ic lines have blurred for you. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I for one am crossing my fingers for sudden Gaudi supremacy, just because. Supposedly being in the top org gives me far, faaar less to complain about, and I'm just not into that this week.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I think Gaudi is viewed as the sleeping giant. A high concentration of PKers who are bored so they don't log in much. Which is another reason why the opposing 4 are hesitant to prod Mag too much else they risk exciting the ravenous PK crowd to start logging on and raiding/ganking/etc. Or at least part of Glom/Serens's existential crisis. "We want to murder Mags but how do we do that without riling of Gaudiguch at the same time."

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I joined Gaudi. The PKers there have the most potential for tomfoolery and shenanigans. 
  • Hey, I did offer to throw Arcanis into a vortex in void space to appease future allies. Then again, every org has their undesirable character in it, Arcanis is just the most post-happy one on forums. People still allied with Celest when they had coke fueled Draylor running around all crazy like. Or when Gaudiguch had Haiden. Or when Glomdoring had Uraziel. Or when Serenwilde had 90% of the people in Serenwilde.

Despite Arcanis being a butt, I do think it's silly to use a single person as a means for not wanting to consider a more tangible alliance. I mean while I'm not frothing at the mouth every time I hear Xenthos' name come up, I certainly wouldn't use him as a reason to flip Glom the bird. It's especially silly when a good 75% of a persons tomfoolery originates on an OOC medium(forums).

Hell, I only REALLY dislike about 3 players on a personal level but none of them even play so w/e no sleep loss for me.

Anyway, whatever comes out of recent politicking will be nice to see finally. It's been funny that my time in office was spent trying to come to terms with one Org, only to have them be the typical waffling wusses. Yet the entire time I was doing that, I was like 'to nil with the rest of the basin' which still somehow led to getting meetings with two folks I never thought would want to sit down with me. 

Which that in itself sorta proves that most the orgs seem to be willing to look past certain individuals and look to long term goals. I like the vote of confidence from @Davos and @Celina, I think I do a fairly good job holding the dinks in check. Which for the most part Mag will listen to what I tell them because I slog it out in the trenches with them and I don't bully them into getting my way. That and I generally care for the well being of my city and my little dinks. Course I think shifting Mag's focus from 'BURN GLOM' to 'BURN CELEST' helped a lot. Too much attention placed on silly glom hate that could have been used elsewhere. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And this is why I push for diplomatic chats with Thalky-poo.
  • @Thalkros is probably a positive change for Mag.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • More like:

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Don't taint the legacy of Thalkrobama.
  • Celina said:
    Don't taint the legacy of Thalkrobama.
    No need. They're already tainted.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    THAT WAS THE PUN. Gosh. 
  • Celina said:
    I think Gaudi is viewed as the sleeping giant. A high concentration of PKers who are bored so they don't log in much. Which is another reason why the opposing 4 are hesitant to prod Mag too much else they risk exciting the ravenous PK crowd to start logging on and raiding/ganking/etc. Or at least part of Glom/Serens's existential crisis. "We want to murder Mags but how do we do that without riling of Gaudiguch at the same time."

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I joined Gaudi. The PKers there have the most potential for tomfoolery and shenanigans. 

If you truly believe this is the factual reason of why things are as they are...then I have nothing more to say.
    edited November 2015
    Good! The moment we've all been waiting for.

• Well... I've been playing for around two weeks again now, during asiantime. Normally it's just me, or one other newbie. And yet we see none of these 'offpeak raids' that other people are always griping about. I think that's pretty telling of how other orgs think of Gaudiguch's combat capability.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Whatcha talking about? Totally raided you in the arena :p
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What I learned from this thread: Thalkros is black.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Whatcha talking about? Totally raided you in the arena :p
    I look for spars because no one raids and I can't learn to combat otherwise :( (other than raiding myself, but I'm a newbie demigod and my essence needs building up)

• Shaddus said:
    What I learned from this thread: Thalkros is black.
    I'm black where it counts
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Arkarkarkark
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You ain't done nothing yet, young grasshopper.

Arcanis has some overshadowed the true menace, which is extremely impressive.

The Muns.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Munsia has toned it down a lot, especially since I hook her up with my divine cookies and she's getting rich from esteem.

You're welcome, Basin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Celina said:
    I think Gaudi is viewed as the sleeping giant dragon. 
    Fixed.
    Mmm, now I want mushu pork.
  • Shuyin said:
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited November 2015
    Celina said:
    (not all of Mag, I have been enjoying my time around Ixion, Thalkros, etc. All very enjoyable people) 

I see where I stand.

(in the 'etc' right? I'm on that list?)
    You chasm'd me, you murderous bastard.