The Wyrden Annex Project - Is Back, Baby!

edited February 2016 in World Library
I have decided to take it upon myself to try to post to Soundcloud every wednesday with some new material from the Wyrden Annex, preferably from people straight in Glomdoring. This gives us an idea of how the text comes to life through our voices! I am also willing to see if we can set up something for the Hallifaxian library as well @Portius, et all. It would be really neat to see how we can interact in this way. Not for any particular reason, other than I didn't have to ask permission from myself - I am reading the first verse from one of my prestige winners, "The Last Feather." 

Here is the first one! I'll be updating this thread every time I post.

Happy Listening!
The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Salome very interesting idea and well executed. Looking forward to the next part. :x
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    @Salome very interesting idea and well executed. Looking forward to the next part. :x
    Thank you so much. ^.^ Hopefully we will have enough enthusiasm that I can do the next one soon!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • hubba hubba, wtb @Salome to read all my stuff aloud just because.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Want to volunteer my accent for this. Pls to direct me to things to read.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm thinking I might pick the "worst" things to read in inappropriate accents.
  • Gaudiguch should have this.

Brb stealing this idea

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    read books and poetry in small steps.... yay :x
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited November 2015
    Amazing! I love the Plague book! :D

• Also what software are you using to record this with?

• Chirbo said:

Also what software are you using to record this with?

I use GarageBand, really easy to work with. :)
  • Thought so, the effects are better than Audacity.
    After last night's hilarity, I'm tempted to record something. Someone give me a suggestion.
  • Tarkenton said:
    After last night's hilarity, I'm tempted to record something. Someone give me a suggestion.
    Let's read the Gossip bro
  • Tarkenton said:
    I had an entire stomach work out considering how horribly wonderful it was. The tingling of many goddesshood's everywhere shall wonder with sheer antici...pation at what we accomplished last night via lemon fanfiction.
    I'm down. Message me a link/copy and I'll get audacity loaded and have some fun.
  • @Tarkenton

I personally use Audacity, I prefer it to Garageband so here is Audacity

I meant link to the gossip. I have audacity
  • edited November 2015
    Late afternoon, folks! Here is @Tremula reading Plague, book two. Expect @Tarkenton to read V2 of the Last Feather for you very soon.

Happy Listening!
  • Oh goody. xD
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• could i get in on this project?
    is dead like the dodo
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh, wow, I am super late on seeing my voice up there. I really need to edit the clips together better if I do another one. D:
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Oh, wow, I am super late on seeing my voice up there. I really need to edit the clips together better if I do another one. D:
    I did my best to blend them together. I suggest doing it one one straight shot next time at least. But I thought you did great. :)
  • I am currently recovering from a sinus infection, so it is likely we'll have an off week this week and the week prior to this one. Though it is a shame you guys missed my super sick voice because it would have been hilarious and it sounded like I had adenoid problems. So, I am SORRY FOR MISSING LAST WEEK. @Portius was the only one who noticed and he does basically no work for this project.

Want me to do something when I'm not all sick and gross sounding? Send me a message with your requests, or better yet message me IG.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Requesting @Turnus read The Journal of Irihona Kanimi. ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    @Portius, write a radio drama style play. For reasons.
  • Daraius said:
    Requesting @Turnus read The Journal of Irihona Kanimi. ;;)
    If he wants to read it. I'll mix it!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    What, Turnus reading for something wyrden? Impossible!

Also, just trust me when I say you really actually do not want this.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh, well that wouldn't work at all. I basically wanted to hear Tom Waits as Irihona Kanimi.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."