Curio rubbing

The chance for a rubbed curio to turn into another curio piece is, in my opinion, far too low. I don't know the exact chances, but from my own experience it seems closer to 25%. But regardless of what the actual chances are, it still has a problem in that there's an actual chance. So I propose this. Keep the current rub as is, but create a new command "CURIO RUB # FOCUSED" which drastically (Ideally, a 100% chance but that may be asking for too much) increases the likelihood of the curio to turn into another curio piece of the same collection. As is, once you're missing one piece, you have to generate 28 pieces or more to have a 50% chance or greater of getting the piece you need after all.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Not going to happen (at least at a 100% rate).  Generate 40 pieces, rub them all until they are what you need, and done.  It completely bypasses their whole collect & trade model.

I'd honestly prefer it to be easier to get the pieces (Ice Angel, Forsaken, Soulless) and keep the rub rate the same.  Easier = more people getting them = more trading.
  • Just over half of 73 curios turned into another curio for me.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, that would be my observation as well; about a 50% chance of turning into a new curio, but a 0.0001% chance of turning into a curio piece you want.

Strangely, it seems more common for them to just turn right back into the piece you tried to rub! Silly curios.
  • I have had the same experiences with curio rubbing.  Strangely enough, converting spare lessons to curios has a much better chance of being one you need.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I am kind of under the impression that there is a rare 'common' piece in each set, one that is not marked as a rare, but only appears once in a blue moon. I remember when curios popped up originally and everyone was looking for the same pieces of each set... and nobody had that particular piece.

I recently watched a couple of people trying to get their tongs together... and they were both missing lower bottom handle... and after 300+ damage resistance purchases, they only ended up with one of those. Amusingly... the second piece popped up almost instantly after the first had been used and assembled into the complete curio. Perhaps the piece has a 'unique' flag that allows only a limited amount of them to exist until they are put together into a full set? I.e. unless someone gets the set together, there can only be x amount of that particular piece in existence. Once one is assembled, a slot opens up for a new one to spawn or some-such?

I doubt we'll get confirmation on that, but the issue keeps popping up, and always with the same piece of each set. I know when I was trying to get my tongs together, it took ages to find... lower bottom handle. Coincidence?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    I haven't had anyone come forward with either of the pieces I need to finish my saw, even with extensive advertising and a multitude of (very flexible) trade offers. I'm either less than liked, or no one seems to have them! With the number of people I see buying their own packages and looking for things, it just leaves me rolling my eyes and really, really setting in with the fact that - once, if ever, this stupid saw is done - I'm never touching curios again.

That said, yes, I would love it if there were some way to nudge the odds in our favour when rubbing other pieces. The trade model doesn't always work out.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."