pre-thanksgiving giveaway - 10 riddles, 10 prizes

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited November 2015 in The Real World
Ok, it's around that time of year again (yes I know that thanksgiving isn't for a little under 3 weeks, but it's my giveaway, so shut up :p ), I have some game keys for steam that I've been holding onto for a while and have no plan to use them myself, so here's how I'm going to do things.

At random times over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to post a total of 10 different riddles or brainteasers.  The FIRST PERSON to answer it correctly, via DIRECT MESSAGE will get to claim one number from 1-10.  What the prizes are though, will remain a surprise - think of it as a lucky dip.  For legal reasons, none of the games are rated over Mature  (No R16 or R18 games).

Rules:
1. ONE GUESS per riddle. If you guess and you are wrong, you either need to wait until the next riddle or until I say people can have another guess.
2. Limit of two prizes per forum ID.  Minimum of 15 posts required on an account to be able to participate, to discourage people using secondary accounts to make additional guesses or claim extra prizes.  If I suspect that someone is using more than one ID, I reserve the right to request assistance from a forum admin to determine if both accounts are accessing from the same IP.
2a. There will be a 1-question "cooldown" period after winning a prize, to prevent people winning two prizes back-to-back.  Nothing personal, but I want to spread the joy a little. :)
3. The preferred method of submitting answers is by MESSAGING me (Kagato) - this will ensure that I am notified via email when you submit your entry.
4. If you do not wish to claim a prize, you may nominate someone on the forums that you wish to give the prize to, but please do not simply say "I don't want the prize". :p
5. These rules are subject to change without notice at my discretion. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Lusternia or Iron Realms Entertainment. All queries should be submitted to me directly. My decision is FINAL.
5a. For the reasons of rule 5, lusternia divine (admin) ARE allowed to enter, should they wish to do so.

Prizes:
1. (Not claimed)
2. (Not claimed)
3. Claimed by @Shaddus - Lord of the Rings: War in the North
4. (Not claimed)
5. Claimed by @Enyalida - Intake (Steam)
6. Claimed by @Rancoura - Hatoful Boyfriend (Steam)
7. (Not claimed)
8. Claimed by @Delsea - Beat Hazard Ultra (Steam)
9. (Not claimed)
10. (Not claimed)

Riddle for 8 November 2015:
I can be sweeter than honey or more bitter than poison.  I can make a second feel like an eternity, or a minute fly by.  What am I?
Answer: A kiss.  (Won by Enyalida)

Riddle for 9 November 2015:
What is ? 
Answer: "R" - Won by Shaddus

Riddle for 10 Nov 2015

"If you give me food, I gain strength, but if you give me something to drink, you will kill me.  What am I?"
Answer: "Fire" - Won by Rancoura
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    You're on the right track, but it is not the answer I was after. Sorry!

• Unrequited love
    Nope.  Also, so that this thread doesn't end up being ridiculously long and so that I am notified when people attempt to answer, I'm going to request that people message me with their answer - this way I will get an email rather than having to keep poking my head in every so often to see if anyone has replied.

• Heroin
  • If you click on the star, in the top right corner, you will get emails :)
  • A memory
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

A lot of creative answers so far but no correct ones - everyone may submit a second attempt.

Hint: it is something shared by two people close to each other.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    A child?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    A bottle of liquor fits that desciption
    And the first winner is... @Enyalida
    The correct answer was "a kiss"

At your earliest convenience, please post in here with which number you choose. The next riddle will be coming soon!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Congrats @Enyalida - you have won: Intake for Steam!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are you okay with me hanging onto my prize and potentially trading it for someone else's once more of the prizes have been won?
    edited November 2015
    Enyalida said:
    Are you okay with me hanging onto my prize and potentially trading it for someone else's once more of the prizes have been won?

What you do with it is totally up to you (same as what the other winners do with their prizes will be up to them)

Brain teaser for 9 November, 2015:

Take a close look at the above picture.  What is ?

(Hint:  It is NOT 6 )

Reminder: Please send the answer via message.

The winner is... @Shaddus

The answer was "R" :p

Please select a number from 1-10, not including 5.

Next riddle will be tomorrow.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'll take 3, please.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    #3 is.... *drum roll*    

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

I'll be messaging you shortly with further details.

I think I already have that. If I do, I'll see about trading it to someone else. Thanks, Kagato!

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kagato said:
    The winner is... Shaddus

The answer was "R" :p

Please select a number from 1-10, not including 5.

Next riddle will be tomorrow.

Ok, how is the answer R, @kagato
    I'm guessing you have never driven a manual car before.   R = reverse, the other numbers are the gears of the vehicle.

• I'm thinking stick driving. It threw me off because A) I don't have a drivers license, and B) we have a different setup over here.
    Ssaliss said:
    I'm thinking stick driving. It threw me off because A) I don't have a drivers license, and B) we have a different setup over here.
    Whereabouts are you from, just out of curiosity?  I've seen that setup on stick-shift cars in New Zealand, Australia and the USA.

• Kagato said:
    I'm guessing you have never driven a manual car before.   R = reverse, the other numbers are the gears of the vehicle.
    Nope, but I have seen it before. I didn't even think of that would be the answer.
  • I'm from Sweden. We have our R above 1 (at least I think we do; as I said, I don't have a drivers license).
    Just a small update to the rules:  While people can potentially win two prizes from this giveaway, you can not win two prizes IN A ROW.  There will be a one-question "cooldown" period in which you will not be able to enter after successfully winning something.

I already own my prize, so someone let me know if you want to trade. I'm wanting to say that LOTR: War in the North is a League of Legends-style clone, and wasn't bad when I did play it.
  • Yeah, that picture was tricky. I've seen cars that have 1-3-4-5 on top, and 2-R at the bottom. R in the top left, or only four gears.

And if you're the kind of person who only drives motorbikes... well. You're outta luck. :p
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Time for todays brain teaser, though it's quite an easy one this time around.

"I have the most insatiable of appetites. If you give me food, I will become stronger, but if you give me something to drink, you will kill me.  What am I?"