Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    /fans self
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I had about three dirty responses typed out to chirbo, but I stopped.

I believe I already have that dress ;) , it's a private design for an old character of mine. I mailed Sylandra one to try on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited November 2015
    Sylandra said:
    Current design goals:
    So shortly after I post this:

A dove comes flying into the room, deposits a crisp white letter into your hands, warbles cheerfully,
     and flies away.

There is nothing written there.
    A crisp white letter is holding:
    "gown379789"                            a sensuous carmine gown with ebony scales
    1 items found.

You take a sensuous carmine gown with ebony scales from a crisp white letter.

An exquisite length of carmine silk drifts down to comprise the
    form-fitting foundation of this gown. Wrought to enshroud the slender
    curves of the feminine figure with decadence and grace, the garment lies
    richly adorned to accentuate the wearer's form with a smoothly tapered
    bodice and low-lying hem line. A twist to the gown's sleek crimson
    beauty comes at the adhesion of an ornamented array of scales to the
    fore of the dress. Ebony black and edged with the barest hints of gold,
    the scales support the streamlined bodice of the garment in rows of
    undulating crests. An immense ruby carved to glitter in a luminous oval
    completes the band of darkened scales as it lies crowned upon the
    adornment's fore, set upon a gleaming base of pure gold. A curious cast
    to the inset gemstone disrupts the garment's rather straightforward
    presentation as the ruby's depths swim with the barest touch of
    darkness, fluctuating with colours ranging from a smouldering sunset to
    the tenebrous hues of old blood.
    It has 23 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It has a warmth factor of 6.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Ragniliff Stormcrow.
    It has been stamped with the seal of Rag's Rags.
    It has the following aliases: gown.

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

edit: Aha! It was @Shaddus! I should have guessed. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Please remember the purpose of tweets.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    -design stuff-

This confused me really well for a moment, because I could not remember that gown AT ALL. I had to log in, check the cartel catalogue, and read the design notes before it all clicked.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:

Sylandra said:

-design stuff-

This confused me really well for a moment, because I could not remember that gown AT ALL. I had to log in, check the cartel catalogue, and read the design notes before it all clicked.

I had it designed by Viynain a loooong time ago on my second character ever. That's how old(ish) it is
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I do believe @Zvoltz just won the forums.
  • When a denizen calls you 'm'Lord', and you just think 'This has been all worth it'.

I'm reduced to logging in on the phone client using LTE. No triggers, no logs, autocorrect changing aeonic to seismic. :(

Wonder if it's eating up my data allotment.
    I used to make cakes.

• It most certainly is - speaking from experience.

• You can always use something like

phudbase.com/wm_client

I use that on my phone to check in it's pretty light on data for me

• I'm turning 30 in December, so I've finally decided I'm gonna have a birthday party.  Ideas as to what restaurant to meet up at and things to do back at the house (might do a bonfire and a friend has a million Munchkin cards, but other than that, I have no idea)?

Thanks for the tips, I'll check out that other client if it's iOS compatible. Right now I'm basically just using Lusternia as my fantasy furry chat room (which if I'm perfectly honest, is kind of par for the course).
    I used to make cakes.

• Honest question, here (and it's not about who zerged who, or when, because we all do it): is it really more fun to sit on Astral for an hour doing nothing and win wildnodes, or would it be more entertaining for everyone involved if there was actually some, you know, conflict and competition? Because I'd really rather fight for an hour and lose than win/do nothing for an hour/log out.

I really think the "win at any cost" mentality is the most detrimental thing to the game right now, because it even trumps the notion of having fun... which is why we're here, isn't it?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I wonder why my shop name got changed. And who requested for the said change. The last I checked it was still under my name. :S
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• HELP ICKYTREES, HELP LIGHTOPIA, etc. are still around and link to their respective organizations. :) #JustLusterniaThings

• I don't think I'm going to force myself to get a prophecy from Drachou all in one sitting again, after today. I started yelling some pretty unkind things at the okorushi around the last hour. I've learned my lesson! I'll do it in pieces from now on.
  • Eodh said:
    HELP ICKYTREES, HELP LIGHTOPIA, etc. are still around and link to their respective organizations. :) #JustLusterniaThings

Huh, I thought you were joking but those actually link to glom and celest, wow....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• They were an April Fools', I think last year?

• Lightopia, Evilopolis, Snugglyforest, Ickytrees, Stiffieville (Personal favourite). Why can't I remember Gaudiguch's...

Not only, NOT ONLY, did they replace the names but whenever you said the city/forest's name it got replaced with that word. I remember chortling at a picture of the 'Mother Moonhart of Snugglyforest'.

I was a good ol' Lightopian back then. Hilarious. It didn't work with Celestines (Lightopiaines) but still funny.

• I really think the "win at any cost" mentality is the most detrimental thing to the game right now, because it even trumps the notion of having fun... which is why we're here, isn't it?

This is a rather accurate description of gameplay these days.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    My shop magically changed its name! :S I shall hopefully find out who changed it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Visiting Bards:  606

Hallifax is hardcore about cultural centre.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Just 60 away from showing their true evil.

• Stratas said:
    Visiting Bards:  606

Hallifax is hardcore about cultural centre.
    It's true, the upkeep it takes is amazing.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Oh Penumbra. You will never stop baffling me with names I don't often see, especially combined with people who are still commune rank one.

CLOSE ENOUGH.
    Do old areas of the game ever get revamped, or is it always new new new?
    I used to make cakes.

• edited November 2015
    Daraius said:
    Do old areas of the game ever get revamped, or is it always new new new?
    Generally, it has been new areas or new additions to areas. Although, speaking for myself, I would not be adverse to thinking about revamping an area. The problem is that it is just as much of a commitment to revamp an area as it is to build an entire new one (and then you have to worry about causing problems in the interim). So, at present, it is the latter, but who knows for the future?
  • Old areas -do- get some revamps, though, like additional portions such as the place in Glomdoring where you do the nai'Dorin ritual, and then that place in New Celest (the one with the quest involving pilgrims, or something).

This discussion has been closed.