Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• TIL Jim Beam and myself do not make for a good Lusternia combo.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TIL I learnt Magnagora has a nice sense of irony. I love it. Also that they don't give a single f***.
  • Jack Daniels got me Distinctions at college. I don't remember writing a single assignment :/
  • TIL that SEALS is a command that exists and shows all current/previous seal winners of Ascension....Mind Blown

*Peers at Knowledge*
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It only shows the winners from the most recent Ascension doesn't it?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yes.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Arcanis said:
    TIL that SEALS is a command that exists and shows all current/previous seal winners of Ascension....Mind Blown

*Peers at Knowledge*

Doesn't it just slay you?
  • Akyaevin said:
    Arcanis said:
    TIL that SEALS is a command that exists and shows all current/previous seal winners of Ascension....Mind Blown

*Peers at Knowledge*

Doesn't it just slay you?

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    We need to work on your GIF game. Not on fleek.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Today I learned somebody likes me, but also likes toying with my emotions.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Sounds like you're in a tough spot.

• On first sight, that looked like...

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2015
    Celina said:
    TIL Synkarin is a turd

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Vivet said:

I didn't learn this today, but it was useful enough I thought I'd share now that I remember to:

TIL argleblaster gives the same "blessed by the gods" effect as a truefavour (boosting resist and damage buff) and does not stack. So, if you already have a truefavour, argleblaster will do nothing for you and is best saved for times when you don't have one - similarly, if you miss the effect when you don't have a TF, just buy some argleblaster.

Does it give the xp bonus of a tf as well?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    I didn't learn this today, but it was useful enough I thought I'd share now that I remember to:

TIL argleblaster gives the same "blessed by the gods" effect as a truefavour (boosting resist and damage buff) and does not stack. So, if you already have a truefavour, argleblaster will do nothing for you and is best saved for times when you don't have one - similarly, if you miss the effect when you don't have a TF, just buy some argleblaster.

Does it give the xp bonus of a tf as well?
    I don't think it does, or at least not that I can tell? Figuring out exp is kind of hard for me.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    The issue is more that a have a nice long truefavour right now, but this is nifty and something I didn't have before. So thanks!
  • TIL some people treat chocolate like a hand grenade. Damn you chocolate bunnies!
  • Today I learned not to search pastebin for taurian descriptions. It does not give me a good idea on what they look like.
    Palia said:

Today I learned not to search pastebin for taurian descriptions. It does not give me a good idea on what they look like.

Tbh, most people won't openly critique you on your description. Just make yourself vaguely minotaurish and you're good to go.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    TIL that I -still- haven't transferred my aliases from my desktop to my laptop. Which means I go to attack someone and nothing happens. And I stand there looking like an idiot.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited December 2015
    TIL (well Yesterday I learned) There's something that constantly reapply's aeon on an aethership, leading to exploding the whole ship whose' empath I was and me running through 10+ drags of soothing steam. Still not sure what I should've done to get out of it, but ... endless aeon is like the worst thing right after concussion :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's dramatically superior to cloudburst, the shamanism skill that does nothing else but put out fires.
  • @Vivet that is suspiciously like a Minecraft technique. +1

edited December 2015
    CAST FREEZE GROUND

Shamanism can prevent fires, which made me super sad in Faethorn last night.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2015
    Cast freeze ground what? Shamanism can't do that. 

EDIT: Oh, new TIL. Yeah, Shamanism can put a damper on fires, assuming the weather factors are right (or it's your demesne). Conversely, Shamanism can make a fire impossible to put out (Again, assuming a LOT about the limits of weather in the area).