Lusternia vs Food: Cheeeeeeeeese Edition

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Fried like you would fry fried chicken, only it's not chicken you are frying. 

Coat it in egg, then flour and spices, then throw in hot oil. 
  • edited November 2015
    Interesting. I don't believe I've had chicken fried anything except 'chicken fried steak' which was at a chain something or other so authenticity would be marginal. 

DID YOU SEE RACING PIGS? WERE THEY CUTE? :D
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Celina is from Texas.
  • Celina said:
    Deep fried everything is American food
    Also Glaswegian.

You haven't lived till you've had a deep fried Mars bar.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Baelor you can't get Mars bars here in America, unless you like special order off the internet. Sad times.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited November 2015
    I like my meat deep fried but that's about it. Deep fried sweets aren't my thing. I drink enough to drown my liver, I don't think I need a bad heart to go with it
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited November 2015
    Tremula said:
    @Baelor you can't get Mars bars here in America, unless you like special order off the internet. Sad times.

... What? Why is that?

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up, apparently it is discontinued and was renamed Snickers Almond. Thank you, Wikipedia.

Also this amused me incredibly:

(From Wikipedia)

Mars bars have long been available in Canada, including limited edition flavours. Because of Canada's higher chocolate standards, the Canadian "Mars" is not considered a "chocolate bar" and is labelled instead as a "candy bar"

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

They don't sell them here. I don't even know what it is:
  • Wanna be the Canadian Minister of Chocolate Standards (Weighs and Means)
  • The Snickers almond is similar to a proper Mars bar but there are some subtle differences.

@Rancoura: I assume Canada doesn't have the same issue regarding artificial flavouring that America does? It really changed the flavour of the chocolate when Nestle made the switch.
    edited November 2015
    @Baelor Because we carry a lot of American products here, I'm sure we still have issues with it... though thanks to media reports/the internet I like to think (or hope) that many of us read labels properly to see if something is "chocolatey" or "chocolate-flavoured" versus being made with real chocolate before buying a product. 

Regarding us having "higher chocolate standards," I'm not entirely sure where that comes from, but I do know that we're generally big on exotic chocolates like Belgian and Swiss chocolate (e.g. Godiva and Lindt). At least, I've never been into a mall up here that didn't have some kind of gourmet chocolate/chocolatier store (and I mean permanent-lease mall space, not just little booths in the middle of the aisles).

Before an earthly flight

Also as a note, I'm speaking just for Southern Ontarians in this case. I've never been to British Columbia/anywhere west of Ontario, and only lived out east for a short time, so I don't claim to know what those people are thinking.

Before an earthly flight

My biggest problem with chocolate here in America is finding a good dark chocolate. People seem to think that 'dark' is only referring to the colour and not just the taste. 

No Lindt down there? I like their 85% pretty well. 

Before an earthly flight

I've seen a little bit in the World Trade stores (or whatever they're called), but it's incredibly expensive compared to the other brands. Everything is just so sweet, though.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Baelor said:
    Celina said:
    Deep fried everything is American food
    Also Glaswegian.

You haven't lived till you've had a deep fried Mars bar.
    Can get them here in New Zealand.  Good times.  Also instant diabeetus in a bag. :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • tim tams are tasty but i still don't get the fuss!
    is dead like the dodo
  • The real way to enjoy tim tams is to nibble off a tiny corner from each end, then drink your coffee/tea/hot chocolate whatever through it so it melts in the middle. Divine.
  • Delsea said:
    coffee/tea/hot chocolate

Worthy of a discussion in itself. Currently going through 2 different teas and trying out hot chocolate using white choc, for the longest time I only thought it came in dark.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't know that white chocolate would have a very good taste as the main part of hot chocolate. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's sweet tasting, it's almost like milk with sugar, just a bit thicker.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Best food ever.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• is anyone here familiar with milo?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    is anyone here familiar with milo?
    All Australians are familiar with milo.
  • well yes, they make it here to export to you guys.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
    milo sandwich anyone? @Delsea
    is dead like the dodo
  • These are illegal in America.
    Put an end to chocolate prejudice!