QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited November 2015

Arcanis said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Arcanis said:
    The amount of power wasted by celest just for marking their 'territory' by flooding random areas....must be staggering.
    We live in the days were power is easily generated. 'wasting' 100% power is nothing. It can talk all of ~30ish mins to make back.

30 mins to restore 100% power? Either you're suckling on a nexus or I dont know what.
    1) Empower Earth Lords (they all are, this IG year, ;))
    2) Bash Earth (37 essence, if you get all the grubs and gargoyles), bash half of another Elemental plane (let's say 15 essence)
    3) Put essence in Megalith ( (37+15)*5 = 260 power)

That's around 30 minutes of bashing, netting more than enough power for 100% reserves.

EDIT: quoting mechanics for the forum are confusing

• This large box has five wide slots carved deep into the thick solid granite and a long black
    obsidian lever attached the side. The box itself is extremely heavy and has no lid or way to open
    the container of any sort while a scrolling line has been tediously engraved into the hard stone,
    decorating each edge of the cubic box.
    First Slot:  5
    Second Slot: 4
    Third Slot:  5
    Fourth Slot: 2
    Fifth Slot:  5
    It weighs about 312 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: box.

You say, "Twenty yes?"

You wag your tail happily.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Yes."

You say, "Oh."

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Kiradawea looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "This isn't correct."

You have emoted: Shonjir flicks his ears back.

Kiradawea takes a small stone token from the second slot.

Kiradawea gives a small stone token to you.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "It needs a three."

Wow, much math fail lol. @Kiradawea to the rescue :D

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    This is how power creation works as of approximately 2.43 yesterday.

@Taevyn says, "Tremula, go make power."

Tremula goes and links nodes. One link = 10 power. 30 minutes in, I've created between 270-360 power.

Tremula goes down to Celestia.

@Lorah, Tremula, and Taevyn all have free links and in half an hour I can do it again.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It's a collective of people.

(Including Ixion)

• Sylandra said:
    (Ad-Hoc): Tekora says, "Sylandraaaaa."

(Ad-Hoc): Tekora says, "I need a fancy ASCII design for my invitationssss."

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "Idk how to ASCII."

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "GRATS THO ON YOUR NUPTIALS."

(Ad-Hoc): Tekora says, "Gasp."

(Ad-Hoc): Tekora says, "Aren't you the one who always sends Ixion those cute love letters tho?"

Whoever started this rumor: I love you. :-*
    http://www.oocities.org/spunk1111/indexjava.htm

Great ASCII art.
  • edited November 2015
    As per @Kiradawea 's Rave, I made WEDDING INVITATIONS.

• Tekora said:

Gee I wonder why.
  • Donato said:
    Tekora said:

Gee I wonder why.
    Because I forgot! Honestly! I've literally sent out about 45 invites so far, and I'm sure I've still missed more!   :((
  • Don't worry, people who focus more on why they weren't invited and not on the joyous occasion instead are not people you need in your life!
  • while i LOVE being invited to events like this, i often have nothing particularly scintillating to add to the event. i enjoy the event better as an event log. it does not matter if i was present or not .All the awkard pauses have edited out, and none of the scramble for something witty to say shows, nor any of the typos.

@Tekora please post the eventlog of your wedding!

(p.s It's Hallifax! I have high expectations.)
    is dead like the dodo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Xeria said:

(p.s It's Hallifax! I have high expectations.)

Sorry, nothing will outdo my disconnecting during the Sylaraius wedding. B-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited November 2015
    @Sylandra have an event log?
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    World shattering critical kiss.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • and when irillia agreed to be your child!
    is dead like the dodo
  • is dead like the dodo

Shedrin said:
    Zvoltz, the Father of Storms
    crackles with confined energy, His form flickering and fading along the edges. He wields the mighty
    hammer, Ays Onid in His left hand and a metallic, silver-grey cat in His right.

Hmm.
    So many jokes I could make, so little time. Meh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• He's supposed to have the cat in his Right hand.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• You portal to Butterscotch Palace.
    An immense hall draped with raucous festival hues.
    There are 11 cushioned chairs of claret hues here. Standing here is an exquisite table. A hanging 
    silver chandelier with spun sugar beads casts light merrily about the room. A vivid kouseki blossom 
    sconce clings gaily to the wall here, casting out a soft, warm amber glow. Stretching from wall to 
    wall, a cream-hued carpet provides lush comfort underfoot, streaks of bright gold adding a touch of 
    swirling elegance. There are 14 garlic-stuffed mushroom platters with blue cheese and red peppers 
    here. There are 37 flatbread platters of goat's cheese and green garlic olives here. There are 26 
    laden platters of roasted lamb sandwiches here. There are 51 refreshing vegetarian platters here. 
    There are 24 platters of orange peppercorn cheese logs here. There are 31 steaming platters of bar 
    snacks here. There are 34 swan lake platters here. There are 138 platters of sauteed beef with 
    vegetables and rice here. There are 12 bountiful platters of baklava here. There are 29 bowls of 
    spicy seafood gumbo here. There are 78 spicy chicken and cheese soups here. There are 90 bacon-
    wrapped, cream cheese-filled pepper kabobs here. There are 29 kabobs of balsamic-glazed figs wrapped 
    in bacon here. There are 34 gingerbread cup cakes with cardamom cream cheese frosting here. There 
    are 31 craggy, mountainous fudge cakes capped with snowy sugar here. There are 46 smoky cheesecakes 
    here. There are 40 spun-sugar kouseki cup cakes with ginger and toffee here. There are 38 roseate, 
    snow-frosted butterfly cakes here. There are 24 funnel cakes coated in powdered sugar here. There 
    are 28 vicious monster cakes here. There are 28 lusciously iced red velvet funnel cakes here. There 
    are 43 six-tiered cakes of Crumkindivian pride here. There are 61 plate of chicken cordon bleu rolls 
    here. There are 38 plate of chickens albanese here. There are 98 rare steaks here. There are 40 
    vibrant sunset ice cream sparkling with golden sugars here. There are 36 frothy azure ice cream with 
    sugary sea pearls here. There are 27 slice of cherry pies here. There are 33 chili and prickly pear 
    ice creams here. There are 50 bowl of cinnamon and banana icecreams here. There are 14 bowls of 
    peach pie ice cream here. There are 76 turkey cranberry-marjoram sandwiches here. There are 21 
    bottles here. There are 91 shot glasses here. A plump donut drizzled with sticky caramel lies on a 
    tiny plate here. There are 68 fire-broiled shrimps on skewers here. There are 46 platters bearing an 
    autumnal turkey feast here. Smoke curling from her nostrils, a pure black nightmare paws impatiently 
    at the black clouds roiling beneath her hooves. There are 34 platters of assorted goat milk cheeses 
    here. There are 19 platters of barbequed phoenix here. There are 20 large platters of bacon wrapped 
    steaks here. A meandering river spirit flows languidly about the area. Dartae Thumou Tremula, Hae 
    Aphonae lingers nearby with a serene calm, flickering motes of starlight playing along her form. She 
    wields an origami tea cup in her left hand. Quartermaster Bandeon Ladyn sits here upon a cushioned 
    chair of claret hues, wreathed in shifting mandalas and etheric fractals. He wields a shot glass in 
    his left hand. Pancake Shortstack Subotai Ysav'rai, Avatar of Pleasure sways unsteadily here, echoes 
    of festival music and boisterous revelry filling the air as he strives to remain upright. He wields 
    an ornate iron stein in his left hand and a magic spatula in his right. Xeria Tarsuhl is here, 
    shrouded. Unblooded Pureza is here. A tall, willowy figure resplendent in pristine white plumage is 
    here, warbling an enchanting hymn. Lacunadhel sits here upon a cushioned chair of claret hues, 
    pondering thoughtfully. She wields an opulent indigo viola carved with elegant silver flourishes in 
    her left hand. 

WOot!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Crumkane Clan ain't nothin' to $%^& with.
  • someone walked off with 150 platters and there was still enough leftovers to feed the rest of the active players.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Some player-made food actually gets me hungry IRL. Those descriptive paragraphs are good.

• edited November 2015
    Selection of foods served at the feast!

You consume a roseate, snow-frosted butterfly cake leisurely, enjoying every bite.
    Breaking off a piece of the butterfly's sugar-spun wings, you crunch
    through the delicate sugar with ease. The cake, in contrast, has been
    baked without fat, and as such it is pure white in colour and remarkably
    airy and light; each bite melts in the mouth. Delicately flavoured with
    vanilla seeds, the cake is a confection of simple flavours, and the
    snowy dusting of sugar on top provides a subtle sweetness.

Bright red barbeque sauce smothers this large wooden platter of
    barbequed phoenix. The large piece of phoenix has been cut into small
    bite size pieces, save the large wings. The two large wings have been
    artfully arranged around the smaller pieces of the bird, the crispy tips
    hanging over the edge of the large platter. A large wooden cup of extra
    barbeque sauce rests in the centre of the platter, in case the eater
    wants extra spice. The wooden platter has been painted to resemble the
    pyramids of Gaudiguch, bright red and gold.
    It has 22 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Pancake Shortstack Subotai Ysav'rai, Avatar of Pleasure.
    It has been stamped with the seal of Indentured Shulamit Cooking Cartel.
    It has the following aliases: platter.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a platter of barbequed phoenix.
    Taking a quick nibble on one of the phoenix wings, your mouth is filled with the spicy taste of
    barbeque sauce.

You consume a platter of barbequed phoenix leisurely, enjoying every bite.
    Picking up one of the larger hunks of barbequed phoenix, you dip it into the bright red sauce.
    Popping the entire piece into your mouth, your eyes water slightly as the heat from the sauce
    overwhelms you for a moment. You quickly begin to eat the rest of the barbequed phoenix, the tears
    caused by the heat lessening as you eat more. Finishing the chunks of phoenix off, you proceed to
    suck on the large phoenix wings, before happily throwing the bones and wooden platter away once you
    have eaten the last meaty bits off of the wings

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a lusciously iced red velvet funnel cake.
    Dragging your finger through the gooey icing upon the funnel cake, you place it into your mouth and
    are able to savour the mingling flavours of warm powdered sugar and sweetened cream cheese.

You consume a lusciously iced red velvet funnel cake leisurely, enjoying every bite.
    Beginning to devour this sweet treat, you pick apart the small swirls of
    funnel cake quickly with your fingers and each bite is an enjoyable
    experience. The mild buttermilk flavour of the crimson confection blends
    marvellously with the sweetened cream cheese icing and sprinking of warm
    sugar. After what seems to be a very brief amount of time the cake is
    gone, leaving behind only remnants of icing and sugar behind on the
    plate which you promptly discard.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a craggy, mountainous fudge cake capped with snowy
    sugar.
    Taking a nibble of the topmost peak, you taste vanilla fudge with a sharp, sour cherry tang.

You quickly devour a craggy, mountainous fudge cake capped with snowy sugar.
    You start at the top, biting off the top of the tallest peak in one
    large mouthful. The fudge icing is thick and melting in the mouth and
    delightfully sweet, flavoured richly with vanilla. It balances the dense
    fruit cake inside, matching the chewy crumb and crunch of almonds with
    silky smoothness and sweetening the tang of sour cherry. The rest of the
    craggy peaks disappear in a few more bites, leaving you to work your way
    through the centre of the mountain. Resting near the heart is a
    surprise: a hidden vein of crumbly fudge flavoured with almonds. The
    texture is different again, and the mildly sweet, pleasantly bland taste
    is a welcome change from the stronger flavour combinations that surround
    it.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a gingerbread cup cake with cardamom cream cheese
    frosting.
    You nibble the corner of this smallish cup cake. The taste of gingerbread mingles nicely with the
    cardamom in the icing, and you can't help but smile and think of the holidays.

You eat a gingerbread cup cake with cardamom cream cheese frosting with gusto.
    You take a small bite of the cup cake, and the taste of gingerbread hits you like a refreshing wave.
    As you edge into the layer of icing, you are surprised at the hint of cardamom and lemon which
    mingles within, going quite well with the cake itself. Each bite is as warm and tasty as the last,
    until you come to the end of the cup cake and sigh in contentment.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a spun-sugar kouseki cup cake with ginger and toffee.
    A lick of the frosting fills your mouth with lemon-flavoured sweetness.

You quickly devour a spun-sugar kouseki cup cake with ginger and toffee.
    Peeling back the paper case, you bite deeply into the confection,
    receiving a mouthful of airy, ginger-spiced cake stuffed with chewy
    toffee pieces. The thick, sand-coloured frosting is lightly flavoured
    with lemon, the citrus subtly cutting through the extreme sweetness.
    Shards of crimson spun sugar crunch in your mouth as you continue to
    eat, the tiny kouseki blossoms disappearing one by one until nothing is
    left.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a vicious monster cake.
    You break off a piece of the icing eyebrow and pop it into your mouth. The almost too strong taste
    of sugar floods your tongue as you suck the icing until it is no more.

You quickly devour a vicious monster cake.
    You wrench the cake's stick arms from its flesh and toss them to the side as they are of no use to
    you, then do the same with the fruit features. Instead of throwing the teeth and eyebrows away, you
    begin to suck them and lick them. The eyebrows taste like nothing more than sugar, but the teeth
    have hints of tart lemon. Soon they are gone and you are left with wooden sticks which join the arms
    on the ground. With a bloodthirsty abandon, you cruelly dig your fingers into the monster's cake
    body, tear it in half and begin to devour it. The sweet taste of coconut cake and sugar delights
    your palate and leaves you wanting more when it is all gone.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a six-tiered cake of Crumkindivian pride.
    You pluck a single, tiny gingerbread man from somewhere upon the cake, using the doomed figure to
    scoop a heap of icing before delivering him to a merciless end. Though tasty, the sample only
    further exaggerates the sheer size of the cake before you, and all those pieces left to try.

You eat a six-tiered cake of Crumkindivian pride with gusto.
    Unsure where to begin, you scrape a bit of icing from the cake's lowest
    tier. Mildly sweet, the buttercream borrows a bit of flavour from the
    marble cake beneath as well as the generous brown sugar crammed atop it.
    You continue upwards, sampling rock candy, gummy fish and peppermint
    sticks, barely allowing yourself a breath as you devour lollipop flags
    and peep after sweet peep. Before you know it, the whole of the massive
    cake is gone, leaving you with only a smeared platter and stray limbs of
    gingerbread people which you promptly discard in equal satisfaction and
    shame.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited November 2015
    Xeria said:
    someone walked off with 150 platters and there was still enough leftovers to feed the rest of the active players.