What Made You Stay?

2»

Comments

• The sweet sweet mudsex

Er, I meant to say... The game just has a good feel to it.

• I missed landmarks from Achaea and was told that Lusternia had structured combat. Got to participate in a revolt my first week and witness Hallifax/Glomdoring/Celest alliance crumble due to what happened in that revolt.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • Encouraging friends, combat, and lusternia's love for written and visual arts from even those who still need to improve a lot like me. Thank you <3
  • I personally like frusting myself into @Ellowyn
  • edited November 2015
    It's been 8 years since I made my first Character, and it would shock most of you to know Evette was not my first. I rage quit my first Character after a day because I'd never played a text based game before in my life. Takos kept Evette motivated through out novice hood as far as bashing goes. Daem helped her figure out how to be a Shadowdancer. Liam... well, he's Liam. I guess my point is that it's the people that make this game what it is. I keep coming back because I've missed them. 

PS. What happened to the old Forums?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Evette said:

PS. What happened to the old Forums?
    They were replaced. IRE decided that every game would have the same website and forum and ordered that all games comply. We lost a lot of uniqueness and functionality in the changeover. Go and look at each website--they have the exact same format, layout, and reuse many of the same graphics.

If you want to find anything that was in the old forums, you can find an archive at http://www.lusternia.com/forum .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The forums (And websites, for that matter) are not all exactly the same though, they are just running on the same software. The Achaean and Aetolian forums have some plugins active that the Lusternian forums doesn't, for instance! 
  • I know why I stayed in the first place. I wish I knew why I still do.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • 1. I'm always learning something new.
    2. Always interacting with new characters.
    3. I have many goals still despite accomplishing most.

Maybe some of it also goes back to the fact I've been here since it begun and it helped, in some way, to teach me about life. When I did a fuck-up ingame, I remembered it, and it stopped me causing a fuck-up IRL so it's sort of a sandbox. I say something that gets me ostracised? WELL, NEW CHARACTER YAY!

You go up against so many different people, both nice, kind, interesting people, and the whackos who make you wonder how they are still alive. Just so many different people, it's where I first met genderfluid people for example. Some pitfalls here and there, but it's a game, so not too much of a fallout.

You will meet whackos in your life. You will meet assholes in your life. Lusternia is good training for life. Sometimes it can get like a job and you may need to step away a bit, but hey, that's life.

That's what all the people say.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:
    I know why I stayed in the first place. I wish I knew why I still do.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Nope.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I stay around because I'm the new shaddus meme.
  • I stay because I don't ave a character in each guild yet active at the same time.