Khepara problems

edited October 2015 in Event Scrolls
Sadhyra had some issues molting. She recruited help!

Pre-molt description:
She is a compound-eyed kephera demigoddess and and is angular and carapaced, her form defensively covered in natural 
armor. Her body is sheathed in chitin plates, every soft part concealed and protected, with barbs at every joint 
providing secure and bristling protection, albeit with a brittle hint to each spine. A dull hue colors her plates, 
something muddled and murky. A thick neck - more body than anything else - juts up from her thorax to her head, while 
her legs are spindly, yet armored, appendages, although her spines seem dulled and rounded, the barbs blunted. 
Multifaceted eyes peer out about her, black and fathomless, while a sharp set of fangs augments her mouth. Behind her, a
set of gossamer wings flutter, allowing rudimentary flight. though the wings are thicker than normal, suggesting old 
age. Her arms are violent to look on, with scything claws serving as her arms, while four powerful legs, each barbed and
bristled, allow her to scuttle about in any direction - the effect is undercut by a blunted, dull sheen to her carapace,
suggesting an old, crone-like effect. 

Haghan description:
He is a burly tae'dae demigod and stands a few inches shy of seven feet in height. A pelt of black fur covers his ursine
form, and two rounded ears perch atop his head. His hazel eyes are ringed by a band of golden fur, giving the appearance
of a pair of spectacles. A large pattern of golden fur on his chest is barely visible, poking from beneath his clothing.
He his built solidly, with broad shoulders nearly four feet across and large,  muscular arms and powerful legs. His 
smile is warming, despite the presence of sharp teeth. His face is painted with rays of sunshine and red stripes. He is 
wearing 2 leather frogges upon a black silken sash, a tae'dae great helm of darkened iron, a star-etched pearl ring, a 
star-etched amethyst ring, a star-etched beryl ring, a star-etched jade ring, loose black men's trousers, a dolphin 
shaped ring, a frosted silver pocket watch, a coat of the Forest Dreamer, a star-etched sapphire brooch, a star-etched 
amethyst brooch, a beryl sun ring, a turquoise rosebud ring, a simple ring of bloodstone and a sapphire ring of waves.

(Market): You say, "Hnng! Need....need help with our carapace. We will pay."

Haghan tells you, "That's a peculiar request, kephera problems?"

Haghan enters from the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.

You have emoted: Sadhyra is writhing fitfully, her claws and legs making it clear she is QUITE unhappy.

You tell Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye, "....maybe?"

You tell Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye, "Could....chip away...?"

Haghan makes a beckoning motion to no-one in particular.

You follow Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye to A cozy apartment inside a stump.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Just need some work space."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "And can't take you to a forge I have access too."

Frustrated, you say, "I can't molt."

In an annoyed chitter, you say, "I need the carapace cracked."

A cozy apartment inside a stump.
This room seems to be carved from the inside of a giant redwood stump. The walls, floor and some benches along the wall 
have been carved from the wood of the tree itself, then polished with a gentle oil. The ceiling is decorated with the 
rings of the tree, its ancient age apparent. Against the far wall, a fireplace with a small mantle above it has been 
carved into the wall and lined with bricks to protect the tree. A mantle above the fireplace bears several small 
figurines. The floor has a large carpet in the center of the room. Small round windows dot the walls, showing scenes of 
the majestic woods outside. Lastly a door leads back out to the portal. Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye is 
here. He wields a painted centaur shield in his right hand. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL 
command to enter the aetherplex system.
There are no obvious exits.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Well I don't work with chitin.. but I'd say we could try soaking you.. 
or yeah I can crack it."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Don't want to get too fresh here.. but may I investigate?"

Haghan removes a coat of the Forest Dreamer.

Haghan slips into a forger's apron of finished leather.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Work clothes."

You have emoted: Sadhyra seems unperturbed by your question - in fact, she doesn't even seem to register any sort of 
anything to your request. Instead, she shifts her body, exposing rows of plated chitin to you like one would display a 
horse's hoof.

In clear discomfort, you say, "I'm stuck."

Haghan touches the chitin softly, rapping on it gently with his knuckles.

Haghan takes a small peice of coal, knocking on the plates and making a small mark at a stress point.
eg
You have emoted: Sadhyra's chitin responds with a hollow echo. There is an odd sound to it, concentrated near her 
spindly left leg.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Something a little weird there.. I think there's something trapped.. 
maybe growing to quickly."

You have emoted: Sadhyra lets out a frustrated, impatient noise. It's clear she's doing her best to remain quiet, and 
patient, but she's failing at the task.

Haghan runs his hand along your leg almost doctorially.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Ok I think I see it."

Haghan begins to wield a solid steel warhammer in his left hand.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Don think this will hurt, but might want to brace yourself."

You have emoted: Sadhyra's leg twitches - beneath your hand, her limb feels like steel, all hard and rough and barbed 
and tough. But....you find the flaw - there is a knot in the carapace, beneath your fingers.

You have emoted: Sadhyra inhales sharply, eyes closing.

Haghan pats the knot.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Yes.."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Ok I think I see the stress point."

You have emoted: Sadhyra's leg is clearly flawed, you realize, once you touch the stress point. The knot is blocking her
entire molting process. It just needs a bit of treatment....a crack....

Haghan carefully takes a small awl from his forger's tools, and taps it against your leg,.

You have emoted: Sadhyra lets out a low, angry hiss. It's not friendly.

Haghan sees the point, hits the leg harder, with his hammer, frocing a small crack into the chitin.

You have emoted: Sadhyra's hiss turns into a high-pitched shriek as the chitin splits. She shudders, jolting beneath the
hammer, but manages to contain her reaction.

Fangs gritted together, you say, "Keep....keep going..."

Haghan works the crack open with the awl, then hits against, another blow widening the fissure.

You have emoted: Sadhyra's shriek deepens into a grunting scream. She slams her fangs together, breath coming short, and
then commands, "....finish it!"

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Brace yourself."

You have emoted: Sadhyra's body is shuddering beneath the assault, limbs shaking. She tenses at the command.

Haghan brings his arm back for a full swing, hit hits hard, with arms used to pounding steel. The awl cracks clean 
through the chitin, lightly poking you beneath,.

You have emoted: Sadhyra's reaction is a sharp scream, skittering backwards as the awl pierces flesh....but a moment 
after that, she exhales loudly. She blinks.

Haghan carefully approaches you as he inspects your carapace. "That should be most of it.."

You have emoted: Sadhyra nods slowly - as she does, the plates begin to slowly crumble away. At first, it's a single bit
of her exoskeleton sliding off, but soon her entire form is molting, withered carapace sliding away from her new-formed 
body.

Haghan wipes the back of his hand across his brow in relief.

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "We got it."

You have emoted: Sadhyra steps away from the shed chitin with a final, definitive rattle. Her face lifts and she regards
you with a fathomless expression. There is something very regal, and rather unnerving, about her gaze.

New description:
She is a compound-eyed kephera demigoddess and and angular and carapaced, her form defensively covered in natural armor,
each curve and arc gleaming with a sharp glint. Her body is sheathed in chitin plates, every soft part concealed and 
protected, with barbs at every joint providing secure and bristling protection. A rich hue colors her plates, somewhere 
between magenta and violet, with an iridescent sheen adding a rich depth, akin to oil over water. A thick neck - more 
body than anything else - juts up from her thorax to her head, while her legs are spindly, yet armored, appendages. 
Multifaceted eyes peer out about her, black and fathomless, while a sharp set of fangs augments her mouth. Behind her, a
set of gossamer wings flutter, allowing rudimentary flight. Her arms are violent to look on, with scything claws serving
as her arms, while four powerful legs, each barbed and bristled, allow her to scuttle about in any direction. 

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Honestly, never seen a kephera mid-molt before."

Tone cold, you say, "We thank you, forger."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "I think.. are you becoming a queen, or close to it?"

Sharply, you say, "We have been queen. We shall be queen again."

Haghan's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Tone harsh and insectile, you say, "We feel....strength....growing. Thank you, soft-thing, for helping."

Serenguard Haghan Eli'Silar, Eagle's Eye says, "Only a male, but glad to help."

In a sudden, dismissive chitter, you say, "We leave, now."

You portal to the Aetherplex Chamber.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    SUPER SEXY

Sadly, here is the start of this log...

CT log:
    14) 2015/10/29 09:31:38 - Sadhyra: "Hsssss."
    15) 2015/10/29 09:32:06 - Leolamins: "Hrmm can I help you?"
    16) 2015/10/29 09:32:13 - Sadhyra: "Perhapssss."
    17) 2015/10/29 09:32:24 - Sadhyra: "Frussstrated."
    18) 2015/10/29 09:32:30 - Sadhyra: "Cannot get this OFF."
    19) 2015/10/29 09:32:47 - Leolamins: "Your lisp?"

(I lol'd. But...also sadfaced, since I was fishing for RP)

<3 to Haghan for indulging me. A bit bummed Glom had no interest.
  • Don't feel bad about Leo. He's more of an angry potato with axes than anything else, really. And no, I don't know what I mean by that.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sadhyra said:

A bit bummed Glom had no interest.
    Haven't you heard? Glom is stagnating.

Otherwise, I hope to see more kephs in Glom!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm sure if @Xenthos was around he would have helped squish you out of it. Or while you were in it.

• Oh man, I don't remember much about Lusty, but I sure do remember Xenthos hating dem Kephs :(
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited October 2015
    Funnily enough, I recently came across an old log of mine, Sadhyra, and saw your name. I was wondering what had happened to you. 

Welcome back!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I kind of want to pick back up an old character now too, but meeehhh.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    MMM bug RP. 

I'm also a bug. A firebug. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sadly, Sadhy isn't around when I am. Neither is Leo, for that matter. @Leukemia, be around when I am so I can lrn2axe!
  • Hi Sady!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It is.  But it made me laugh, so I kept it.
  • Sadhyra said:
    SUPER SEXY

Sadly, here is the start of this log...

CT log:
    14) 2015/10/29 09:31:38 - Sadhyra: "Hsssss."
    15) 2015/10/29 09:32:06 - Leolamins: "Hrmm can I help you?"
    16) 2015/10/29 09:32:13 - Sadhyra: "Perhapssss."
    17) 2015/10/29 09:32:24 - Sadhyra: "Frussstrated."
    18) 2015/10/29 09:32:30 - Sadhyra: "Cannot get this OFF."
    19) 2015/10/29 09:32:47 - Leolamins: "Your lisp?"

(I lol'd. But...also sadfaced, since I was fishing for RP)

<3 to Haghan for indulging me. A bit bummed Glom had no interest.
    Honestly I thought you were a newbie trolling over CT.  It wasn't until later I looked and saw you were an old school player.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Heh, no worries. TBH, it was a bit of an ugh way to introduce myself, but....coming from the mindset that my character was stuck in carapace and was frustrated and annoyed and a queen, I blanked on any other way to express it. Lazy on my part, tho!