Roleplaying/character resources

Couldn't find a better place to put this. If an admin has a better place, feel free to move!

So throughout a long life of many alts, both failed and... well, epic-failed, I've seen a lot of various people use a lot of various resources, tricks and methods for enjoying the game or simply maximising their effectiveness.

I think we need a thread where we can suggest or help people find resources on the web or self-created. Just post whatever you think people might find useful, eg RP guides, character creation, writing, whatever

Starting off with this site that has an excellent and large selection of ASCII art which translates well to the game. Use it for letters or books or signs, whatever, it can be fun and help you make your own.

Comments

• I've reached the point where I've memorized enough of it that I don't really need it, but in the beginning of playing and without a mapper, that very good map of everything was highly used to find my way around.

• Beyond basic info, the officially wiki is rather out of date. And given you have to be an approved editor to do anything, most just use Xiel's site,

As is the full realm map since @Caffrey stopped playing (iirc?). And since no one has updated, it is missing a number of the new areas of the last few years. but it is still a nice thing for everything else.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I started updating Caffrey's big map with new stuff, but then I realised, most people don't memorise gigaatic maps of Lusternia, and just use mudlet mapper.

• Qistrel said:
    I started updating Caffrey's big map with new stuff, but then I realised, most people don't memorise gigaatic maps of Lusternia, and just use mudlet mapper.
    As part of the MUSHclient race, I would love an updated version of this map. 

Any mapper I used I found is rather ugly in places with many levels, like Hallifax. As such, I just default to the IG map.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Caffrey did do Icewynd on a seperate map, I'll have to see if I can find it.

• Ayisdra said:
    And given you have to be an approved editor to do anything, most just use Xiel's site,
    Sidebar: Getting added as editor is as fast and easy as sending me a message on forums or IG. Contact me!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @Qistrel as a note, I at least still use that gigantic map fairly often (especially for UV) and try to memorize it as best as I can!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I use it for astral. Can never keep the connections straight.
  • edited November 2015
    Aetherspace Map!

(Slightly out of date, doesn't include Aquagoria)
  • edited November 2015
    lusterniantattoodesigns.wordpress.com

i recently set that up, as xeria is a tattoist. IF you want your cartel to be added, contact me through the forums.

also when you do, please have your cartel designs formatted and ready to go. refer to the site for the preferred template.

thanks!
    is dead like the dodo
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited December 2015
    I now have the ability to make edits and add pages to http://wiki.lusternia.com (Thanks @Drocilla *hug*)

I'm starting with small stuff like updating RP info pertaining to the cities (ruling councils, patrons, etc etc etc) and will work from there, but if anyone notices anything out of date that is of particular importance and should have a higher priority for updating, PLEASE message me and I'll add it to my list.

(Obligatory note:  This is a voluntary role on my part and I am receiving nothing in return for my time, so I'll be doing this purely in my own time and at my own pace, when I am not busy with other commitments, though naturally I will try to get stuff done as soon as I reasonably can.)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?