Aetherships: What, approximately, is the number-of-rooms-to-hull-strength ratio?

Does it act on diminishing returns, or is it a constant growth rate?

Comments

• I believe it is 50 hull per additional room and I think the original room gives it a starting hull of ~1000.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.

• Pejat said:
    I believe it is 50 hull per additional room and I think the original room gives it a starting hull of ~1000.
    My goodness, I'm going to need more gold then... Thanks for the info!

• Yes, Pejat is correct. it is forumla is:  1000 + 50 * number of rooms
  • One thing to note is that the first room you create also counts as a room. So a one-room aethership will have 1050 health.
  • do rooms with aethermodules add more or the same to the hull strength?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Same.
  • is there a point reached where a ship gets too big to move?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Considering we have giant ships that still move, I'm going to say no. Unless you meant to say "move practically", then yes.
  • edited November 2015
    @Ssaliss move practically (obviously)

is the magic number 3000 hull strength? or is there some flexibility?

that's 39 rooms, not counting the fulcrux and the command chair.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Moving practically is a very nebulous measurement, since everyone has their idea of what practical is and isn't. It's probably far higher than 3000 though, since that seems to be what general aetherhunting ships have and exceed in many cases.

Also, as said earlier, every room counts in hull strength, including chair and fulcrux.
  • edited November 2015
    @Ssaliss ah that's good. i've been driving myself crazy trying to plot a ship that's both functional, plausible and beautiful with room for plenty of rp.

assuming 3000 is the magic number.
    39 = 1950 hull strength.
    fulcrux = 50 hull strength
    command chair (where the egg hatches)  =1000
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    17 = aethermodules - not including aetherholds
    10 = aetherholds
    12 =non essential/rp rooms/padding or holds if you prefer

what's the ratio of hull strength to balance recovery time everytime you pilot steer or change directions when you glide?

i.e 3000 hull strength seems to be about 3 seconds balance recovery i think

is dead like the dodo
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    3000 is fairly light. For a good aetherbashing ship you want something in the range of 6000.
  • @Enyalida thank you. :-)
    is dead like the dodo
  • Enyalida said:
    3000 is fairly light. For a good aetherbashing ship you want something in the range of 6000.
    I disagree. I think ~3000 is the perfect number for the standard hunt strategy. Big enough to take dragon shots, and small enough to outrun them while setting up.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2015
    Xeria, keep in mind you can hide the bulk of a ship's rooms behind a locked and concealed door. For practical purposes, this is the preferred way to do it, since you don't want your crew getting lost in your huge labyrinthian ship as they hunt slivvens or try to find their modules. 

If you have a good pilot and empath, you can get by with 2500-3000 hull for aetherhunting. My Yantra has about 2500 and we only imploded when I made stupid piloting decisions, so 6000 sounds like overkill to me. But it would let you tank a couple hits from dragons, or a dragon/karibidean combo. Ideally your pilot won't get you into a situation where you have to deal with that, but I guess the extra security is nice! If you want to learn to pilot aetherhunts and use your own ship (which is fun and rewarding, in my experience), you can feasibly start at 2500-3000 hull and add more rooms as budget allows.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Doesn't the Ilosia have a little above 3000 (for some reason, I'm thinking 3250) hull? So yeah, 6000 is definitely a bit overkill, at least with a semi-experienced crew.
  • thanks i think i'm going to aim for 4000 hull. just enough hull strength to survive a few hits but not too much!

that's .....30 spare rooms for RP stuff -e.g crew quarters, kitchen, dining and the rest.

17 for aethermodules
    say 12 aetherholds -> is this sufficient?

total 59 not including fulcrux and command chair

how much dust can you average per one hour successful trip with an experience crew? how much dust does an aetherhold hold?

is dead like the dodo
  • There is kinda a max hull. -my- ship has not hit that number (and it could have been fixed or raised). I think last I heard the max hull was 100,000, it might be higher but I've not seen the person around to ask them if they had more rooms to have more hull than that.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited November 2015
    I have heard that due to programming limitations the max hull was 2^16 - 1 = 65,535. I have no idea if this has changed, and I do not believe many people want to spend nearly 200 million gold to test it out.

edit: I am wrong. There is at least one ship out there with 100,000 hull.
  • i have to ask, is there a finite amount  of power a ship can hold or does it vary with size/hull strength?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Normally a max of 100% reserves, but if you add the goop item 'a spherical diamount crackling with energy' to the command chair, the max reserves will increase to 125%. It will also generate power for the ship.
  • If you mean in the collectors, each collector can individually hold 1000 power.

• 100 percent of power is how many units?

is there a limit on the number of collectors?
    is dead like the dodo
  • far as I know there is no limit on the number of collectors, just one collector per room so just have to have the room for them.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• so if i have 7 collectors my can hold 7000 units at 100 percent, and if increase the number of collectors the capacity to hold power goes up as well?

this doesn't change with the hull strength/ship size?

so a ship with a hull strength of 3000 with 10 collectors can hold 10 000 units at 100 percent reserves. and a ship with a greater hull strength and the same number of collectors  holds the same amount? or can it hold more?
    is dead like the dodo
  • There are three kinds of power in a ship:

1) Active power. This is what you can use, and have a cap of 10 power.

2) Reserve power. This is what active power is regenerated from, and has a cap of 100%, or 200 power.

3) Collector power. This is completely separate from the other two. You can siphon collector power into reserve power, but it's not automatically part of it. This has a cap of 1000 power per collector. Also, each collector has its own amount; you can fill one collector, and have the other collectors be empty.