Horn of Wonder, Wonder ... who wrote the book of love!

124»

Comments

• Holy OP...some of these suggestions. 33% chance to cancel timed kills? The Geo/Sacraments/Pureblade tears.

• edited November 2015
    Hey just thought of a great idea for a level 10 that would make people leap at it:

10: You have the capability to select from any trade skill in existence.

Watch the carnage!

Edit: Or a level 9, or 5, or wtv
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:

Holy OP...some of these suggestions. 33% chance to cancel timed kills? The Geo/Sacraments/Pureblade tears.

The idea is from another IRE game, where there's a collar you can buy that has a %chance for decapitate to fail. I think it's Imperian, and everyone can decapitate with enough skull in a certain common skill.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • backing one of Celina's suggestions, I would love something that had all the daily used enchantments -

Kingdom
    Beauty
    Perfection
    Mercy
    Waterwalk
    waterbreathe
    acquisito
    gold acquisito (Avaricehorn?)
    levitate
    nimbus
  • MoiMoi
    edited November 2015
    Xenthos said:
    Ps: Gnomish surfboard already provides infinite (unstrippable) waterwalk everywhere except aquamesnes, and you can rub it for the enchantment which works even in aquamesnes. If you want to buy it, you already can.
    Surfboard is 100 dingbats, which is much more expensive. Still considering it for next time I get a bunch of dingbats.

Also, what about selling Wonder Crystals separately from credits? I know I would be much more able (and therefore willing) to grab a bunch of wonder crystals if there were an option to get them for like 15$ each on the website rather than spending ~40$ for 100 credits and a crystal.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aren't people still trading dingbats to credits at a mostly 1:1 ratio?  Buy 100 credits, turn them into dingbats.  Not sure that it's really that much more expensive.  I'm just saying, if you make wonderitems that duplicate artifacts already in existence, people who already have those artifacts certainly aren't going to be willing to invest money into things they already have. :p
  • 1 wonder crystal =/= 100 credits. Just because you get 1 crystal and 100 credits for 40$ on the website does not mean they're both worth the same amount.
  • The current marketprice for crystals is to price them at about 100 credits though.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited November 2015
    Enyalida said:
    I find that most people who buy credits during monthly promotions aren't doing it "For 100 credits, with a nice bonus item/thing!". It's "100 credits to get x thing", you're buying for the promotion and the credits are the bonus item. If all you wanted was credits, you'd have the Iron Membership, as even in the short term it pays higher dividends than purchasing 100 loose credits.
    Yep.  I certainly don't need any more credits.

Edit: As you say, that's what I have IRE Elite for.  I still do recommend it, btw!
  • Kiradawea said:
    The current marketprice for crystals is to price them at about 100 credits though.
    Wonder crystals basically only ever enter the game due to people buying them for their own use during a promotion, so I would say that there's not really a "market" price for wonder crystals at all. I would attribute the 100 credit ingame price assigned to them entirely to anchoring effects and a lack of countervailing market forces.

Getting back to the original point:
    I would not spend 40$ for just a permanent waterwalk artifact.
    I would spend 40$ for a permanent waterwalk artifact + 100 credits toward my retrain Iytha from High Magic to Low Magic fund.

I don't think that's too strange of a stance to take?
  • People demand 100 credits to sell 1 crystal.

Therefore the market price is 100 credits per crystal.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • It depends really. If there is a new item out and a craze, it'll be for 100, sometimes some people will try more. Outside a promotion, you can find them for cheaper, if even up to 50.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So, is anything coming out of this?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Kiradawea said:
    People demand 100 credits to sell 1 crystal.

Therefore the market price is 100 credits per crystal.

I have some earwort. I demand 50 gold per for my earwort.That does not make the earwort worth 50 gold.

People need earwort. I ask 50 gold per for my earwort. Some people need it and are willing to pay 50 gold per. That doesn't mean earwort is worth 50 gold, it just means people are willing to pay that much for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    But if people are generally selling earwort at 50 gold, would that not make it the market price? Is that not exactly what market price means? Sure, the actual value may be a lot less, but that is a different thing entirely vs. what the market is selling things at.
  • The gist is "everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it". If people were to be willing to pay you 50 gold per earwort, then the market-price for earwort would be 50 gold. Earwort generally doesn't sell for 50 gold though, so it doesn't have a market price of 50 gold.

Crystals though, seem to generally sell for 100 credits, and so that is their market price.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2015
    I bought a few crystals for 50cr each back when crates were out. The justification was that 50 cr was equivalent to the price of buying a crate. Now that you must purchase 100 cr to get a crystal, people try to raise the price to match that. When crystals are out of circulation completely (ie. no sales at all and the only way to get them is from presents), then I find it justified to pay 100 cr as well.
    Sorry, I had a hard time splitting "market price" and "worth". You're right in that the market price for a wc is 100 credits, give or take. That doesn't mean their worth or value is 100 credits, only that people are willing to pay that much.

In that regard, a 20 crystal wonder pipe may well have a 2k credit market price, but that's not what it's worth. Until Estarra establishes a tradein price for them, they really don't have a "worth".
  • You can get 300-500 credits, 300-500 dingbats, or 60-100 goop from an ultimate present. You can also get 5-7 wonder crystals from an ultimate present. This leads to a ratio of about 65 credits / wonder crystal

Exceptional has a ratio of exactly 50 credits / wonder crystal

Superior has a ratio of ~30 credits / wonder crystal.

This would be a lot more convincing if it didn't also imply that wakabi tickets were worth ~10cr each. I think on average they earn you 3cr each?
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Shaddus said:
    Sorry, I had a hard time splitting "market price" and "worth". You're right in that the market price for a wc is 100 credits, give or take. That doesn't mean their worth or value is 100 credits, only that people are willing to pay that much. In that regard, a 20 crystal wonder pipe may well have a 2k credit market price, but that's not what it's worth. Until Estarra establishes a tradein price for them, they really don't have a "worth".
    Oh true. I agree that the crystals themselves aren't really worth 100 credits. But that's what people are willing to pay for them, so that's really the value we need to work with.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Credit Report
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have 361 Credit(s) left.
    You have 974 Bound Credit(s) left.
    You have 19 Lessons left.
    You have 150 Membership Credit(s) left.

This is why I wish there was a more sure-fire way to get crystals in game. I have one wonderpipe with 15 crystals (the majority bought in game) but since the new promotion I haven't been able to buy a single one, to finish the ONE item I have, and now again there is already a new item out there. This is a bit of a gripe, I do apologise @Estarra, and I know you need to encourage cash purchases, but please consider an inflated in game available crystal. As it is, I'm thinking my best bet is to break my pipe, build a cornucopia and hope for crystals for the game years to come. Which won't encourage me to buy more credits.

• @estarra

By the way, can you make a single command to give all the cornucopia's infused food buffs at once, at the 9th level or something? So I don't have to spam everyone whenever I want to put them up?

If you're going to do that, let us do all the genies at once too.

I am really, really spammy with my power-things now. :)
  • Xenthos said:
    If you're going to do that, let us do all the genies at once too.

I am really, really spammy with my power-things now. :)
    Should just make genies an always on thing as long as you have the collection. Or at least lasting longer than a day.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I agree. At the very least, just make it last until logout.