Explorer Rankings or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Big Chunk of Ranks I'm Missing

Soooo... I recently started a personal quest to get my Explorer Ranking back up, and exploring all the God Realms I've never gotten around to has boosted me back up to Worldwalker!

But then... I tried exploring Eventru's Realm. Yeah yeah, I know, it's supposed to be gone. Only it's not. It's still there in Cosmic Aetherspace. You can dock at it. And PORTAL EXIT. And subsequently get immediately kicked to the Portal.

This has left me rather upset. I actually went from #64 to #63 just by stepping off my aethership. This proves that that BIG CHUNK of rooms still counts for Explorer Rankings. And if we can't explore them, how are those of us unlucky enough to never have gotten the privledge of getting lost in there supposed to aspire to the top?

Another, less selfish reason is the quite real danger of people who get curious and take their own ship out there to explore, only to learn that if they step off their ship, they shunted back to Prime. And their ship stays docked there. And they can't get it back if they don't have a whistle, because any rescue attempts will get kicked to the Portal as well. 

Maybe Eventru's realm can be recycled/repurposed into another area, like was done with Hajamin's temple? Exploring minds want to know!

Comments

• Repurposing that would probably take a while, but at least for the aethership thing maybe it could be detached from the rest of the realm and have some kind of draining effect while you stand there? Gives you time to get back into your ship but if you hit like... zero mana or ego then you get shunted? Not sure if that's possible with progs though.
  • As Eventru (and Lyreth) merged into one. there have been a number of things I have been told about his realm.

The first is both realms were combined into one under the new god's (Var-something)
    The second is nothing happen and both realms are just out there, still counting.
    And the third is that Eventru's realm at somepoint was taken off counting for rankings ( a decent random change in explorer rankings for many some long time back started this idea)

I have always believed the third more so, and that the first was the end game of Var-something, but he never got around to it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I've asked Iosai before and she confirmed that Eventru's realm is no longer taken into account for explorer rankings. The same applies for deleted areas accdg to her.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    I've asked Iosai before and she confirmed that Eventru's realm is no longer taken into account for explorer rankings. The same applies for deleted areas accdg to her.
    Can we get Divine confirmation on this? I still think it's strange that my explorer rank jumped up a spot between checking my score after finishing with the godrealm I explored before landing on Eventru's dock and checking my score after getting kicked out to the Portal.
  • As a note, I know explorer rankings sometimes take time before they update. Not sure if that's what happened here, of course.

• I just like this post due to the Dr Strangelove reference

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I think it's worth checking to see if Eventru's realm is somehow counting again. We were all excited a while back when there was a -big- shift in the rankings and expected some huge new area to be released imminently... but nothing came of it and we all kind of forgot about it. Would it be possible someone unchecked a flag somewhere by accident?
  • There has to be some kind of huge area that nobody has gotten yet, apart from Eventru's realm and temple. It's the only thing that would seem to explain the fact that the top 2 explorer rankings (Messenger of the Fates and Planeswalker) are not in use.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Tree of Trees makes me sad.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Talan said:
    There has to be some kind of huge area that nobody has gotten yet, apart from Eventru's realm and temple. It's the only thing that would seem to explain the fact that the top 2 explorer rankings (Messenger of the Fates and Planeswalker) are not in use.
    According to the MAP command, there's 3 areas currently in progress (257, 258, 259) which currently appear to be under construction but partially mapped. I can only assume these count somehow. 257 MIGHT be related to a part of the Emerald Enclave I've not visited, though.
  • Iytha said:

Talan said:
    There has to be some kind of huge area that nobody has gotten yet, apart from Eventru's realm and temple. It's the only thing that would seem to explain the fact that the top 2 explorer rankings (Messenger of the Fates and Planeswalker) are not in use.
    According to the MAP command, there's 3 areas currently in progress (257, 258, 259) which currently appear to be under construction but partially mapped. I can only assume these count somehow. 257 MIGHT be related to a part of the Emerald Enclave I've not visited, though.
    I do remember seeing during the Zvoltz return event that Iklara had a decent chunk of rooms showing on the map past that impassable door.
  • Iytha said:

Talan said:
    The Emerald Enclave is area 255, according to the map.xml file. Which is the last area in that file. So it looks like we have 256-259 out there somewhere, waiting to be added to the map.
  • 256 is the dream area that is accessible via entering the Aegis. I've been there, so it counting toward Explorers is 100% legit. After all, if I can get in, the people in the top ten have no excuse.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When in doubt, bribe Shaddus alts to let you into inner temple areas.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I posted the day I found out about the major explorers bug/change, over two years ago.

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/25175/#Comment_25175

I was several hundred rooms into the PW threshold, and dropped to AT (if I recall correctly). That means several thousand rooms were changed all in an instant. I have been told that Eventru realm was removed from explorers, and they could not find the source of the bug.

Unless the % thresholds for the top ranks are changed, I don't think we'll ever see another PW.
    Gawd, someone shove my lazy ass into the Cay's underground area plz.

#bringShikariback 

• Ieptix said:
    As an update, it's now impossible to move into a closed area (instead of entering and immediately being flung to the Portal of Fate), so the aethership disembarking issue shouldn't come up any more. I've also changed it so that closed areas no longer count for explorer ranks, so quite a number of people have moved up in rank as a result. 
    Raves for Ieptix!  :x
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Hrm - It appears that Talan is ranked as 'Messenger of the Fates' while I'm ranked one spot below as an Astral Traveler, yet, I'm still #2, while she's #3.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Your exploration percentage changed for some reason (you were #2 when I ran the update), and it takes time for the rankings to update their ordering. I'm not sure why you lost rank, however.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Shows you as fourth when I look at it.

• When Eventru's temple was being counted, Synkarin was ahead of Chade and I, who hadn't fully explored it. Now that Eventru's temple is not being counted, we are both ahead of Synkarin (though not by much, I'm sure).
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Aww, I went from 18 to 22 :( Then again, I still have ~3000 mapped rooms to explore...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I thought I was consigned to nonary hell for the rest of my days.

Halleloo, it's gr8 to be 8.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited December 2015
    Wait, what else got removed now? Or re-added?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Synkarin said:
    What, I lost rank! blasphemy

Can we get the fancy trick that tells us how much of an area we explored on survey pretty please!
    Please please pretty please this? 
  • This is weird. I lost rankings to people who aren't even active these days. And I myself can't even think of any area in the game that I haven't yet explored.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    This is weird. I lost rankings to people who aren't even active these days. And I myself can't even think of any area in the game that I haven't yet explored.
    Could be you explored one of the areas that were now removed but previously counted? That'd make your effective room count drop, while those who aren't active would keep their original count if they hadn't explored those areas.
  • Yeah, but some of those aren't even showing up on rankings. And I can't think of any area I haven't explored that would even get close to the roomcount offered by newer areas like the  Emerald Enclave.

Mostly, I've no idea how I can still have less rooms explored than some people. I've even got several guild-halls under my belt at this point.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.