Forum Ranks

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Xenthos said:
    So you are saying that there are a significant number of Mac fanatics who do not like cookies, puppies, bacon or alcohol.

Hmm.  *ponder Eventru and his iPhone*
    You know, this is my first non-iPod Mini apple product and, while it's quite neat and useful (and I'm loving reliving my childhood games like Secret of Mana etc), I think my next smart phone will probably be a Samsung Galaxy (depending how the next model looks). I'll probably buy the next major iPad to come out (so that I can continue to use the games I've bought - and there's quite a few), but I'm fairly certain I'm done with Apple as a phone design. Most of my friends are starting to feel that way as well (particularly the notoriously pro-Apple), and that really reassures my feelings on it.

I'm not really thrilled with Apple's corporate culture, and I feel like they're trying to both rest on their laurels and pump out 'new' products that their gluttonous fanbase will buy up (so as to make more money for the company). I also wasn't a big fan of Steve Jobs ("I steal good ideas! It's smart to do that!" "YOU STOLE OUR GOOD IDEA!! LAWSUIT!!"), and while I am more fond of Tim Cook, I just don't care for the company in general.

That and anything 'cultish' immediately makes me wary. And Apple employees are almost as cult-y as Disney employees.  8-}

Also, bacon vodka is bad. Really, really bad.

But I'm kind of almost tempted to try the bacon vodka in meat shot glass with a stick of cheese in it that Bill Maher had a picture of on his show.

Almost, but I don't think I can handle that much gross.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What?  Why are you voicing my concerns?

Mommy Estarra, I'm scared. :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I hope troll flags don't affect rank. I've managed to accumale 15 without actually trying to troll at all.

E'er boddeh be hatin on me.

Just looking at your point-count, it does not seem that trolls actually reduce 'em.
  • I seem to get a handful of trolls and disagrees (mostly from Iasmos)
    Who knew you could troll forums without actually posting. Bittery troll is bitter.
    Wait where did my post go. These flags are stupid.
    I can still see it, it just says "buried" and I have to click the thing to make it readable.
    edited November 2012
    Oh haha, awesome. So apparently these flags are just going to turn into a petty troll war. Well that's entirely constructive and useful. "I don't like so and so...TROLL. DISAGREE. OFF TOPIC."
  • Celina, I buried your post because it wasn't productive to the discussion.

If someone flags your post as a troll, it doesn't affect your score and will not bury your post unless you get at least 5 flags. I suggest you guys not get worked up over a single flag and not allow people to bait you with their flags.

We can just form a coterie of people to bury posts we don't like, though, is what she is getting at.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Xenthos said:
    We can just form a coterie of people to bury posts we don't like, though, is what she is getting at.
    I'm going to assume that if some people decided to do this, the admins wouldn't just sit there and let it happen and action would be taken.
  • Xenthos said:
    I haven't seen anyone doing that, just Iasmos flagging Celina. If you guys decide to start absuing that, I will just raise warning levels.

This is something that a player suggested when we discussed the "over-moderation" of the forums; that you guys be able to moderate yourselves. I hope that we can continue the flags as a means of doing that.

• It took me forever to get to Transcendent the last time. I worry about how long it's gonna take me now. :(
  • edited February 2014

edited November 2012

Well...okay I guess. A lot of posts haven't been "productive to the discussion," but I'm cool with it. I'm not really worried about forums points, they are pretty pointless. I am just making a remark about sour grapes in the bunch, and abritrary "this type of trolling is different than this type of trolling." Like hiding remarks about someone trolling. It's okay to troll but not okay to say it out loud? That's too much trolling?

Anyways, not a big deal. I'm not particularly baited, just making observations.

Edit: In my ideal forums world, the only sort of moderation that is needed is keeping people from insulting and having less than civil arguments. Obviously that won't happen, but people will disagree, not get along, and respond to prods and pokes and it should be okay (within reason). Smothering it just leads to people migrating to facebook where they can express real opinions, not icing covered ones.

I've seen you disagree with things that aren't even... disagreeable.  Like, you disagreed with Zvoltz' comment that only guides and administrators are supposed to be asking newbies to change names.  That's... well, that's a simple fact, that's been policy for ages.

That's just one example, there are plenty more.

The reason people single you out is because you are the most liberal with the tagging, and seem to apply it even where it doesn't actually make any sense (thus leaving the impression that you are doing it simply for the sake of doing so).
  • It took me forever to get to Transcendent the last time. I worry about how long it's gonna take me now. :(
    Just make a lot of friends and introduce them to the forums.

Or make an alt brigade!

Or just don't care.  The ability to edit your posts at any time is the only thing that really matter, and you should get that fast enough.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited February 2014

Nope, I saw the agreement too!

... Though, yes, I've only seen the one.  It's hard to track them down after the fact.
  • edited November 2012
    There's a difference between disagreeing (and using 'disagree') and clicking flag->troll.

Which I've seen two people do pretty liberally when they simply disagree with the content of the post, that or flag it as 'off topic'.

If it becomes a repeating problem where people are using it just to be themselves trollish or inflammatory, we can and will bump warning levels and ultimately, if it leads to it, post ban.

Deliberately using flags like troll, off-topic, etc when they really aren't, just to inflame, isn't really okay. Of course, it's also silly to get TOO worked up about it being done to you - it doesn't have too much of an effect, and eventually they'll get what's coming to them, if they keep it up.
    Okay, just don't ban Tacita and I for disagreeing with eachother. We're mortal enemies. >:)
  • You can 'disagree' with anything you like for whatever reason you please. It doesn't bury posts, IIRC.
  • edited February 2014

• Zvoltz said:
    Xenthos said:
    I haven't seen anyone doing that, just Iasmos flagging Celina. If you guys decide to start absuing that, I will just raise warning levels.

This is something that a player suggested when we discussed the "over-moderation" of the forums; that you guys be able to moderate yourselves. I hope that we can continue the flags as a means of doing that.
    No offense, but Iasmos likes to flag things with "troll" and "disagree"  if it's not something he likes. We aren't talking about offtopic or obvious trolling, but even ideas he doesn't like, he flags. I mentioned it once and got flagged as a troll for it.

• edited February 2014

edited November 2012
    Bryna said:No offense, but Iasmos likes to flag things with "troll" and "disagree"  if it's not something he likes. We aren't talking about offtopic or obvious trolling, but even ideas he doesn't like, he flags. I mentioned it once and got flagged as a troll for it.

Like just now?
  • edited February 2014

:-@
  • Celina, we know you're a troll. Where'd you hide your bridge anyway?