A Very Hallifaxian Dreamcatcher

So I've been lucky enough to be the starring role in an event that started last weekend all because I have a really good memory about events! 

Big thanks go to everyone who's been involved with this, including @Pejat, @Aeden, @Kiradawea, @Davos, @Ayisdra, @Allyrianne, @Entrias, @Ilian, @Elanorwen and anyone who I might have forgotten!

And most of all, thanks to the mystery Divine who have been putting up with Tekora's anal-retentive tendency to dot her Is and cross her Ts! Especially the one who helped make Tekora and Xoik new friends!

====================================================================

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Primus. I have completed the necessary blueprints for an intervention device."

(Institute): You say, "I will join you presently."

=TRAVELING GOES HERE=

Containment of the Temporal Conclave.
Banks of clouds roil about here. The androgynous humanoid shape of the Temporal Conclave floats serenely amid wild gusts of evanescent energy. Centred in the chamber, a channel of temporal energy whirls violently up to the ceiling in a current of liquid blue and silver. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see a single exit leading down.

You say, "Greetings, Conclave. Please, begin your report."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "Utilising the data gleaned from the artifact known as the Aegis of Vestera, I have devised blueprints that may be used to create the physical device."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "It will require the assistance and expertise of all four guilds to activate."

You nod your head sagely.

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "The Institute will be responsible for assembling the device itself."

You say, "Please elaborate on the assembly process."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "The Sentinel Company must then link it to multiple temporal threads, ensuring that it can remain active despite the temporally fluctuating nature of the Dreaming."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "The Symphonium will then need to harmonically activate the crystalline elements of the device and bring it into resonance with the anomaly."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "Finally, the Aeromancers must channel the Matrix's power into the device to initiate it. Once this initial surge of power has been given, the device will self-regulate."

You say, "Excellent. Have you prepared schematics?"

A series of blurs whistle past you. You catch glimpses of low-level researchers whistling in and out outside of the present time.

As one of them passes, a large, flat crystal is left in their wake, covered in silvery markings.

probe crystal here
This large sheet of indigo crystal bears the blueprints for a complex oneiromantic device. Dome-like in shape, it seems to resemble a convex dreamcatcher.
It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
It has the following aliases: crystal.

You nod your head sagely at a large, flat crystal.

Examining the blueprints, you see them blur for a moment, granting you an image of the device once assembled. Woven from a mixture of delicate wires and crystalline filaments, the fractal pattern that forms the dome is almost hypnotically complex. A faint sheen of light fills the empty space between the strands and gleams with otherworldly power.

You say, "An intriguing device. What materials will we require for its construction?"

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "I have taken the liberty of having the necessary materials assembled in the War Room of Peace, where the Captain has taken receipt of them."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "You will find a circular coil of metal suitable to form the base, and a variety of wires, both crystalline and metallic, to form the fractal pattern inherent to the design."

You look thoughtful and say, "Then no further procurement is necessary?"

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "Excepting the necessary procurement of skilled participants."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "No."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "I have released the blueprints for your use."

You pick up a large, flat crystal.

You say, "Thank you, Conclave. I will disburse information to the Board of Directors on the responsibilities of their guilds in the device's construction and proceed forthwith."

You say, "Has there been any change in the anomaly's condition since its relocation to the Ministry of Peace?"

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "There has not. As predicted its relocation has nullified the security of the War Room of Peace, but had no other effect."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "Captain Ironwing has been appraised of the necessary steps in assembling the device and will be able to assist the Board of Directors in doing so."

You say, "Very good. Please remain on alert for any sign of changes. Is there anything more to your report that you wish to share?"

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "I will notify you immediately if necessary."

In a hollow, echoing voice, the Temporal Conclave says, "Unless you wish me to elaborate on any points, no."

You say, "That is not necessary at this time. Thank you for your consultation, Conclave."

=FINDING KIRADAWEA GOES HERE=

You say to Kiradawea, "Magnificus. The laboratories have completed their work on the design and engineering of the counter-measure. We must now consult with Captain Irima Ironwing at the anomaly's location."

Kiradawea begins to follow you.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "I am ready."

=TRAVELLING=

Executive Boardroom.
Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. A chandelier depicting the architecture of Hallifax is suspended overhead, illuminating the area with shimmering, radiant light. There are 11 sophisticated looking swivel chairs here. An immense glass-topped table rests here on four burnished steel legs, its gleaming surface as clear as a polished jewel. The austere figure of Cririk Adom stands here, eternally preserved in glass. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail.
You see a single exit leading down (open door).

You say, "I have received instructions and schematics on the construction of the oneiromantic device necessary to isolate the Dream Sculpture anomaly."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks, "May I see those schematics?"

You give a large, flat crystal to Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail.

Showing that she understands, Kiradawea nods her head slowly.

Kiradawea gives a large, flat crystal to you.

You say, "Its construction will require the aid of all four guilds. We are responsible for its construction, first and foremost."

You say, "The materials have already been procured and delivered to the Ministry of Peace and the Captain has been briefed on its design procedure."

Kiradawea nods her head emphatically.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks, "What should we do when the time comes?"

You say, "The difficulty shall be that we cannot communicate using words or aetheric communication while in proximity to the device."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks, "How about written messages?"

You say, "Perhaps."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Or charades?"

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail asks, "Does it intercept direct telepathic conversations?"

You say, "It does."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Then writing seems to be the best tool."

You say, "The Chairman was said to have been devising a cipher for use, but no mention has been made of its progress in recent months."

You say, "In any case, the only known counter-measure is to restrict sensitive conversation to shielded locations."

You say, "That being, this room, the area surrounding the Matrix and the Conclave's Containment."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Then, until we've got the cipher, that seems a simple enough solution to uphold."

=FINDING A SENTINEL TO LET US INTO THE GUILD HALL GOES HERE=

The War Room of Peace.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A limpid sculpture of a majestic swan rests here, surrounded by several packages of metallic and crystalline wires and filaments. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail.
You see exits leading north, northeast, and northwest.

Captain Irima Ironwing gives the world a smart salute.

You incline your head politely to Captain Irima Ironwing.

Kiradawea greets Captain Irima Ironwing with a sincere smile.

You point accusingly at a large, flat crystal.

Captain Irima Ironwing nods her head at you.

You ponder a limpid sculpture of a majestic swan thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

probe sculpture
Peerless quartz run through with pure white veins has been skilfully crafted into this majestic sculpture of a swan leaping into flight, the finesse doubtless that of a master artist. The sculptor's skill is most evident in the mottling of the crystal; the thin veins of smoke serve to display the plumage of the swan. Where the wings are held back like a poised ballerina, each tiny line is so perfectly placed that it is a marvel that such perfectly aligned crystal could be found. The whole piece has a life-like attention to detail, the only deviation from the natural being the faceted amethysts that serve as the swan's glittering eyes.
It weighs about 62 pounds.
It has the following aliases: sculpture, statue.

Captain Irima Ironwing strides towards the sculpture, gesturing to various boxes of parts placed nearby. She points to each of you in turn and then waves her hands in a dome shape over the sculpture, tilting her head in query.

Tekora stoops down and investigates the packages surrounding the statue.

The boxes are full of everything specified in the blueprints; even the necessary tools have been provided.

Kiradawea tilts her head curiously while she wanders around the sculpture, pausing only to look over the parts scattered around it.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental reaches into a box to pick up a tool, handing it over to Tekora with a curious tilt of her head.

Tekora places the crystal schematic on the ground, directing attention to the design of the metal base and tapping the crystal as she finds what she holds up what she believes to be a piece of the base.

Captain Irima Ironwing flexes her hands around her halberd, watching with a vigilant, appraising gaze.

Kiradawea ruffles through another box, tugging out another tool for welding. She glances over Tekora's piece, and then directs Jeanne to find another piece that it would fit together with.

Tekora begins gathering pieces of the base, collecting them delicately into a single pile.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental dives into the boxes as well, shuffling through them to look for more pieces of the base, adding them somewhat haphazardly to the growing pile.

Kiradawea starts to look through the pile of base pieces, puzzling them together as best as she can into a cohesive whole, ready to be welded together.

(Board of Directors): You say, "Force Commander. It is good to see you."

(Hallifax): Elanorwen says, "Greetings."

(Board of Directors): You say, "This aether specifically, please."

(Board of Directors): Elanorwen says, "Primus."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental dives into the boxes as well, shuffling through them to look for more pieces of the base, adding them somewhat haphazardly to the growing pile.

(Board of Directors): You say, "I am in close proximity to the anomaly, we must be brief. The Magnificus and I are currently within the Ministry of Peace."

(Board of Directors): Elanorwen says, "Ah."

(Board of Directors): You say, "We have begun construction."

(Board of Directors): Elanorwen says, "Anything in particular being constructed?"

(Board of Directors): You say, "Yes, there is a schematic."

(Board of Directors): You say, "I will share details in full in a more secure setting as soon as initial assembly is complete."

(Board of Directors): Elanorwen says, "Very well. Do we need to prepare for soulless minions of Kethuru to emerge from the Ministry or anything like that?"

(Board of Directors): You say, "Indeterminate at this time. Also, please ensure that you observe the communication protocols outlined in the latest city post."

Tekora returns her attention to the construction, utilizing her telekinesis to handle the welding procedure to bond the pieces of the base into a solid whole.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental peers at the base as it is finished, before she shuffles through the boxes, looking for pieces that will be used to construct the dome itself.

Tekora takes more careful note of the schematic, pursing her lips as she seeks to discern the labyrinthine mandala pattern that criss-crosses its dome.

Triumphantly, Jeanne holds aloft two coils of wire - one made of metal, the other filaments of crystal. Though both are glossy, they seem somehow dull at the same time, as if longing to resonate with power.

Kiradawea takes the coils of metal wire and holds it in her grasp. She rubs her chin thoughtfully, and then ruffles through her pockets for a powerstone.

Tekora retrieves a pad of parchment, making an attempt to translate the mandala's vectors into a expression. She holds it out to Kiradawea for cross-reference and to get her second opinion on the hypothesis.

Captain Irima Ironwing's lips tighten, and she shakes her head at the powerstone. She gestures towards the Matrix, visible through the giant windows, and then points to the partially-assembled device. "Last," she says, carefully vague.

Kiradawea glances between the wire and the powerstone, before she perks up at the parchment. She tugs it closer and peers over the numbers, nibbling her lips in quiet thought for a few moments, pausing her flickering gaze twice to doublecheck an integral before she hands it back, followed by a thumbs up.

Kiradawea then turns to the captain and nods slowly in understanding. She puts the powerstone aside and begins to set up the two wires into a proper nodal network.

With a curt nod, Captain Irima Ironwing resumes her vigil.

Tekora nods back at Kiradawea and proceeds to begin welding the ends of the coils one at a time to the base, weaving them together with each new addition, as according to the degrees and angles as justified by the written expression.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental darts around the dome to look at it from various angles, pausing only to correct any out of alignment energy crossings.

Kiradawea taps Jeanne's shoulder lightly and shows her the calculations, before tugging out a measuring band, handing one end to Jeanne before pointing to the top of the dome to be, quietly instructing her to measure the distances to check that reality confirms with the math.

Tekora focuses as a bead of sweat forms on her brow, using her telekinesis to continue handling the welding while leaving her hands free to levitate above the mandala, adjusting wires and cords with the slightest of nudges into their necessary place.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental flies around the construction, confirming the mandala's height, width, radius and radians, making minor adjustments where the nodes are out of alignment to ensure a proper, steady distribution of energy across all nodes.

Piece by painstaking piece, the dreamcatcher-like device begins to take shape. Crystalline filaments and wire-thin metal are interwoven deftly at the hands of the Matrix Research Institute's foremost scientists into a complex fractal pattern. Dome-like and large enough to contain the sculpture within it, the device makes an impressive shield over the crystal as it is moved carefully into place.

Tekora finishes with the last of the many welds, exhaling in relief as she puts the tool down and ponders the near-completed construct.

Kiradawea Startail kneels down, carefully checking the connections between the base and the wires. Only once satisfied that they're all properly attached does she stand back up. With a smile she inclines her head politely and looks towards you. She gives another thumbs up for a job well done.

Circling the sculpture and its now-enveloping device with a predatory look, Captain Irima Ironwing nods her head. Looking up at the two of you with a rare gleam of approval, she raises one hand and holds up two fingers, indicating that it is ready to move to phase two of construction.

You nod your head at Captain Irima Ironwing.

You curtsey gracefully before Captain Irima Ironwing.

Kiradawea curtseys gracefully before Captain Irima Ironwing.

Captain Irima Ironwing nods her head.

The War Room of Peace.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A partially-constructed oneiromantic device surrounds the crystalline swan sculpture that stands here. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail. Kiradawea is here, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand.

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Primus. Execumatrix Magnificus. I have been monitoring your progress and can confirm that the device has been assembled precisely to my specifications."

(Institute): You say, "Thank you for the analysis, Conclave. Unfortunately, Phase 2 will have to be delayed as there are none of the Sentinel Company present in-realms to oversee the procedure."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Beyond the continued monitoring inherent to the delay, there is no security risk that I foresee as a consequence. Proceed as is possible."

= Phase 2 to be continued! =

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Many, many raves to the admin for this. I'm also extremely jealous of Kiradawea's and Tekora's emoting skills, mine are so lacklustre compared to theirs.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Many, many raves to the admin for this. I'm also extremely jealous of Kiradawea's and Tekora's emoting skills, mine are so lacklustre compared to theirs.

:\">I felt for the most part that I was floundering about like an idiot. So thanks. ^w^
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • =Phase 2!=

Executive Boardroom.
    Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. Two regal sentinels stand watch at the top of the wide, gently curving staircase that ushers purposeful dignitaries into the southern end of this austere room. Through the ages, the statues of a stern trill holding a gavel and a thoughtful lucidian holding a scroll have performed their duty as mute witnesses to the making of history. Generations of Hallifax leadership have taken inspiration as much from these emblems of Justice and Science as they have from the exquisite panorama that unfolds in all directions. Perched between the whole of the gleaming, crystalline city and the endless expanse of unmarked sky, the room is a perfect octagon of utterly transparent crystal. At each of the eight compass points the wall is pierced by an enormous arch opening directly out onto dizzying space. Aeromantic magics keep the occupants and their undertakings safe and undisturbed by breeze or tempest. A graceful, transparent dome permits the boundless firmament to add its wisdom to the deliberations. A chandelier depicting the architecture of Hallifax is suspended overhead, illuminating the area with shimmering, radiant light. There are 11 sophisticated looking swivel chairs here. An immense glass-topped table rests here on four burnished steel legs, its gleaming surface as clear as a polished jewel. The austere figure of Cririk Adom stands here, eternally preserved in glass. Arrayed in resplendent colour, a regal bird of paradise raises its neck here in haughty beauty, starry trails of light winking in and out around its form.

You say to Nyxx, "Greetings. Has the Opus briefed you on the nature of the anomaly?"

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "I've heard nothing of it, save for what was posted in the news I am afraid."

You say, "Very well, I shall explain then."

Nyxx nods her head emphatically.

You say, "7 months ago, we became aware of the presence of an unauthorized spacial anomaly within the bounds of the city."

You say, "The Institute has analyzed the anomaly in depth and we have determined that it is of Oneiromantic origin and that it is surveying the city as per the general alert."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Curious..."

You say, "The Board has elected to neutralize the anomaly by constructing a device to nullify it."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Would that not anger the Oneiros?"

You say to Nyxx, "Not the Fates themselves. Unknown entities of the Dream Realm."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Ahhhh."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Understood."

You say, "The construction of the device has four phases, the first of which has already been completed by the Institute."

You say, "The second phase involves and requires the Sentinel Company to anchor the device's position in space-time."

You say, "The third phase requires the Symphonium to bring the crystalline elements of the device into harmonic synchronization with the material of the Dream Sculpture itself."

Solemn, staid voices can be heard from somewhere outdoors, rising and falling in emotionless, precise monotone.

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "I am certain we can accomplish that."

You say, "And the fourth phase requires the Aeromancers to infuse the device with energy from the Matrix to 'jumpstart' its function."

You nod your head sagely at Nyxx.

You say, "Please be prepared to act once the Sentinels have completed their part. It is our hope to have the device complete by the end of the current weave."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Of course."

You say, "Additionally, please be aware, discussion of the anomaly should not be undertaken except in locations warded from the anomaly's influence."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "I recall such being mentioned by the Ministry of Information."

You say, "Correct, but there are additional locations."

You say, "That would be this room, the area surrounding the Matrix, and the chamber within the Opera House that houses the Voice of Crys."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Makes sense."

You say, "Please refrain from discussion of the anomaly in any other location."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Of course."

You say, "It is monitoring all known forms of vocal and aetheric communication."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Interesting.. I wonder what it's intent is."

You say, "We cannot be certain, but our analysis has found good reason to believe that the source of the anomaly is not benevolent."

Nodding solemnly, Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Then of course, neutralization must occur."

You say, "Especially as we fear that while the device is benign and communicative in nature as it stands now, that there remains a possibility for the link to be turned transportative and provide a vector for an incursion upon the Prime by the dream realm."

You say, "We have discussed the matter at length with the inhabitants of the Emerald Enclave, and they shared our concerns."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Indeed."

You say, "Do you have any questions, Libretto?"

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "I don't think so. it seems pretty clear as to what must be done."

You nod your head sagely at Nyxx.

You say, "Then please ensure the Symphonium stands ready to act when needed."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "I shall do so."

With a flourish of her arm, Nyxx bows deeply.

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Thank you, Primus."

You incline your head politely to Nyxx.

You say, "Clear skies, Libretto."

Grand Libretto Nyxx Ysav'rai, Minister of Culture says, "Fair winds."

Shattering into pinpricks of jewelled light, Nyxx drifts off to the down, borne upon the sigh of a breathtaking symphony.

A chill wind blasts around you as Ayisdra arrives from the down, borne by a swirling vortex of ice crystals.

Ayisdra inclines his head politely to those around him.

You incline your head politely to Ayisdra.

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Greetings, Primus. Is there something I can help you with?"

You say, "Greetings, Archmage. The project regarding the device to neutralize the anomaly has proceeded and the final stages of construction have begun."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Wonderful news. Lady Malimli was of great help then I see."

You say, "Indeed, she led us to pursue consultation with the Emerald Enclave."

You say, "They were able to provide us not only with the necessary insight into the engineering of oneiromantic devices, but also an analysis into our possible adversaries."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "And who would that be?"

You say, "It remains to be seen, but they shared our concerns that the source of the anomaly may be malevolent in nature. They spoke at great length of the multitude of hostile entities that inhabit the Dreaming."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "I see."

You say, "In any case, the construction of the device has four phases, the first of which has already been completed by the Institute."

You say, "The second phase involves and requires the Sentinel Company to anchor the device's position in space-time. It will be completed as soon as a senior member of the Company arrives in realms and musters the personnel necessary."

Ayisdra nods his head emphatically.

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "And the third and fourth phases?"

You say, "The third phase requires the Symphonium to bring the crystalline elements of the device into harmonic synchronization with the material of the Dream Sculpture itself. The Libretto has been briefed on the nature of the anomaly in full and has promised that the Symphonium will stand ready to act."

Abecedarian Aeya, a newbie in the Grand Empire of Hallifax, has left Lusternia.

You say, "And the fourth phase requires the Aeromancers to infuse the device with energy from the Matrix to 'jumpstart' its function. Once this is done, the harvested emanations from the anomaly will power the device in perpetuity."

Ayisdra ponders the situation.

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.

The abrupt sound of solemn bells pealing echoes as Entrias strides out of thin air.

You nod your head at Entrias.

Entrias gives the world a smart salute.

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "What transpires?"

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Perhaps I'm over protective, but a link to the matrix, even if it is to start might prove bad if something does go wrong."

You say to Ayisdra, "Then is there a possibility for the device to receive an infusion of power from the Matrix without being directly linked to its function?"

Entrias clears his throat.

You say, "Greetings, Superintendent. The project regarding the device to neutralize the anomaly has proceeded and the final stages of construction have begun."

Dull chiming noises echo in the distance at regular intervals, the sound of hammers on crystal.

You say, "The Sentinels are now called to serve."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "My first thought would be golden spheres. Fraesic uses a bit of power from the Matrix to create them."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "How can the Company serve?"

You say, "As I was explaining to the Archmage, the construction of the device has four phases, the first of which has already been completed by the Institute."

You say, "We have constructed the physical shell of the device around the anomaly, as according to specifications."

You pat a large, flat crystal in a friendly manner.

Showing that he understands, Entrias nods his head slowly.

Entrias Pavok motions for you to proceed.

You give a large, flat crystal to Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok.

You say, "The second phase involves and requires the Sentinel Company to anchor the device's position in space-time by linking it to the local timelines. Superintendent, I trust you can muster your personnel to have this completed?"

Turning the blueprints over and examining them, Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "This shouldn't be an issue. I will do the work myself."

You say, "Are you sure? You may wish to have others assist you."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "The device is physically in place as we speak?"

You say, "Correct."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Supervision and assistance would be appreciated."

Entrias sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Shall we?"

Entrias beckons you to him.

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Archmage, do you wish to bear witness?"

Ayisdra ponders the situation.

You begin to follow Entrias.

=TRAVELLING GOES HERE=

You follow Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok south to the War Room of Peace.
    The War Room of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A partially-constructed oneiromantic device surrounds the crystalline swan sculpture that stands here. Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok is here, surrounded by an aura of focused silence. He wields a hoarfrost-kissed platinum katana with both hands. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand.

Entrias raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Entrias gives Captain Irima Ironwing a respectful salute.

Ayisdra inclines his head politely to Captain Irima Ironwing.

Entrias looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Tekora rests a finger on her lips as a reminder to remain silent.

Entrias examines the device, his hands gliding a scant few centimeters from the surface as he closes his eyes. A few seconds pass, and he opens them again. With a nod, he lays the blueprints on a nearby table.

Entrias's eyes close again and he gestures sharply, as if reaching for something unseen. Snatching at the air, he seems to grasp it firmly and gives it a tug, then another.

You gaze thoughtfully into empty space, examining the myriad timelines which criscross all around you. The air warps and shimmers with temporal energy as you glean what you can.

Pure ozone invades your nostrils as icy-blue electricity shivers through your body, making your hair stand on end.

The edges of all things within the room become slightly fuzzy.

Tekora retrieves a pad of parchment and closes her eyes, beginning to take notes of reference on the temporal coordinates surrounding the area.

Entrias nodding again, he swirls his hands as if gathering threads; forming a sort of loop of absolutely nothing, he wraps it around the base of the sculpture tightly.

Tekora finishes her notation and holds it in front of Entrias' view without getting in the way of his gestures.

Periodically, Captain Irima Ironwing raises one hand in a gesture of warding, as if catching something in its attempt to escape. She silently places the invisible threads into Entrias's grip with thin-lipped determination.

Tension continues to build in the chamber, incongruous amidst the Sentinel Company's cryptic motions.

Entrias silently takes the threads from Irima with a nod of thanks, tying it off at the neck of the sculpture and weaving it in a loose spiral around the swan.

Tekora takes up a position on the opposite side of the device from Entrias, splaying her arms and wings out wide to serve as a ward to help contain the temporal threads surrounding the sculpture.

Rolsand has entered the area.

Entrias Pavok pulls another thread, this one seeming to be thicker than the rest. Coiling it, he loops it around the base again, tying the unseen end off on thin air. Examining the prints, he stands and gives a nod, looking to you in consultation.

Entrias exhales sharply, rearranging one of the threads and tying it to another.

(The Harmonic Array): You say, "Peacekeeper Rolsand, please report to our current location immediately."

(The Harmonic Array): Rolsand says, "Okay."

Entrias Pavok frowns at you, but nods.

(The Harmonic Array): Rolsand says, "Where are you?"

(The Harmonic Array): Entrias says, "Be silent when you arrive at the War Room."

(The Harmonic Array): You say, "As the Superintendent stated."

Rolsand arrives from the north.

Tekora raises a finger to her lips as Rolsand arrives, maintaining her warding focus on the sculpture.

Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant says, "Shall I go to the war room."

Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant says, "Hehe."

You glare angrily at Rolsand.

Entrias Pavok nods to Rolsand in greeting.

Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant says, "Silly me."

Captain Irima Ironwing narrows her eyes at Rolsand in an unnerving manner.

Entrias exhales sharply, putting a finger to his lips.

Captain Irima Ironwing draws her fist across her lips in a gesture that clearly communicates: shut it, or I will shut it for you.

Rolsand nods his head emphatically.

Entrias snatches at the air again, grabbing a handful of unseen threads. Swirling his hands as if weaving, he drapes the product over the sculpture before tying it off at the base in several points, finally nodding in satisfaction.

Temporal energy begins to resonate around the device. For a moment, everything blurs: the many possibilities of various timelines coalescing to empower the device across all points in reality. The tension of power begins to hang thickly in the air.

probe sculpture
    Peerless quartz run through with pure white veins has been skilfully crafted into this majestic sculpture of a swan leaping into flight, the finesse doubtless that of a master artist. The sculptor's skill is most evident in the mottling of the crystal; the thin veins of smoke serve to display the plumage of the swan. Where the wings are held back like a poised ballerina, each tiny line is so perfectly placed that it is a marvel that such perfectly aligned crystal could be found. The whole piece has a life-like attention to detail, the only deviation from the natural being the faceted amethysts that serve as the swan's glittering eyes.

The War Room of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A partially-constructed oneiromantic device surrounds the crystalline swan sculpture that stands here, crackling with temporal energy. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand. Entrias is here, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. He wields a hoarfrost-kissed platinum katana with both hands. Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant is here. He wields an argent steel rapier with lightning-wreathed hilt in each hand.

Captain Irima Ironwing nods her head.

You nod your head sagely at Captain Irima Ironwing.

Captain Irima Ironwing raises one hand with three fingers up - it is time to progress to the next stage.

You make a beckoning motion to no-one in particular.

Rolsand begins to follow you.

You urge Entrias onwards.

Entrias Pavok crosses his arms across his chest, staring at something around the sculpture. With a scowl, he reties yet another thread before falling in behind you.

Entrias begins to follow you.

=TRAVELLING=

Executive Boardroom.
    Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. Two regal sentinels stand watch at the top of the wide, gently curving staircase that ushers purposeful dignitaries into the southern end of this austere room. Through the ages, the statues of a stern trill holding a gavel and a thoughtful lucidian holding a scroll have performed their duty as mute witnesses to the making of history. Generations of Hallifax leadership have taken inspiration as much from these emblems of Justice and Science as they have from the exquisite panorama that unfolds in all directions. Perched between the whole of the gleaming, crystalline city and the endless expanse of unmarked sky, the room is a perfect octagon of utterly transparent crystal. At each of the eight compass points the wall is pierced by an enormous arch opening directly out onto dizzying space. Aeromantic magics keep the occupants and their undertakings safe and undisturbed by breeze or tempest. A graceful, transparent dome permits the boundless firmament to add its wisdom to the deliberations. A chandelier depicting the architecture of Hallifax is suspended overhead, illuminating the area with shimmering, radiant light. There are 11 sophisticated looking swivel chairs here. An immense glass-topped table rests here on four burnished steel legs, its gleaming surface as clear as a polished jewel. The austere figure of Cririk Adom stands here, eternally preserved in glass. Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok is here, surrounded by an aura of focused silence. He wields a hoarfrost-kissed platinum katana with both hands. Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant is here. He wields a barbed, sanguine-banded rapier in each hand. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand.

You say, "Very good."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Rolsand, if you're ordered to be silent, what exactly does that mean?"

Entrias looms tall, attempting to dominate the surroundings.

Entrias clears his throat.

Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant says, "To be quiet."

Peacekeeper Rolsand Shevat, a Civil Servant says, "Sorry."

(Board of Directors): You say, "Libretto, are you present?"

(Board of Directors): Ayisdra says, "There is no member of the symphonium awake it seems."

(Board of Directors): You say, "Understood. Phase 3 shall have to wait then."

Shaking his head and turning to Tekora, Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "I did what I could, as well as a bit of oneiromantic buffer weave across the device. If something comes through, the weave will slow it down for a short while."

The sound of quiet, muffled conversation drifts through the air.

You look thoughtful and say to Entrias, "Understood. But pray tell, when did the Sentinels develop anti-oneiromantic procedures?"

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok looks skeptical and says, "A bit harder than weaving chainmail, that's for sure."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says to you, "We have dedicated files for many things, including subatomic dissolution and riots in the streets via hoards of pigeons."

Entrias sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

You say, "Very well."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Some were given by Zedlon Windwhisper long ago."

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok says, "Remnants of an age which may never happen."

You say to Rolsand, "Thank you for your prompt response Peacekeeper, but next time, please do ensure you follow procedure as given to the letter, especially in emergency situations."

You say to Rolsand, "You may depart."

Entrias nods his head at you.

Rolsand nods his head emphatically.

Rolsand leaves to the down.

Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok looks thoughtful and says, "He means well, I suppose."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Primus. Execumatrix Magnificus. I can confirm that the device is now tethered to all timelines as required. This will ensure the device is in effect despite the temporal fluctuations of the Dreaming."

(Institute): You say, "Excellent. The Libretto of the Symphonium has been advised as to their guild's responsibilties in facilitating Phase 3, we will proceed when they are prepared to do so."

=To be continued!=
  • Have to burn a post because the forum is glitching out on me.  :|
  • =Phases 3 and 4!=

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Primus. Execumatrix Magnificus. Are any members of the Opera Symphonium yet available to proceed to stage three of the device's construction?"

(Institute): You say, "As it stands, I only see one member of the Symphonium Guild in-realms, and none of their leadership."

(Institute): Kiradawea says, "Unfortunately, none of their senior members are around, at least that can be sensed."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "As far as I am aware, all of the members of the Opera Symphonium are possessed of the necessary skills. There is no necessity to await their elected leaders."

(Institute): You say, "Understood."

You tell Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms, "Greetings, Counsellor. Can you please meet with me at the Executive Boardroom?"

Ilian tells you, "Of course."

Executive Boardroom.
    Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. A chandelier depicting the architecture of Hallifax is suspended overhead, illuminating the area with shimmering, radiant light. There are 11 sophisticated looking swivel chairs here. An immense glass-topped table rests here on four burnished steel legs, its gleaming surface as clear as a polished jewel. The austere figure of Cririk Adom stands here, eternally preserved in glass.

Ilian steps forward with regal poise, one hand graciously extended to her audience as she sketches an elegant bow.

You incline your head politely to Ilian.

Her voice resonant, Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "Primus. How may I assist you?"

You say, "Greetings, Counsellor. Has the Libretto or the Opus shared information with you in regards to the Code Yellow anomaly?"

Elanorwen surfs in from the down upon an aquamarine surfboard.

You incline your head politely to Elanorwen.

Adjusting the grip on her bow, Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "No, Primus. I have not been made aware, other than it is in fact a Code Yellow classification."

You say, "Very well. I shall be brief."

Kiradawea enters from the down, emanating an aura of immense power.

You say, "7 months ago, we became aware of the presence of an unauthorized spatial anomaly within the bounds of the city. Analysis has shown that it is communicative in nature and is the source of the monitoring within the city. As such, we are currently in the process of neutralizing the anomaly."

You say, "The project has entered its final stages, and we now require the expertise of the Symphonium."

Her ice-blue eyes narrowing critically at the words, Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "Understood. I shall assist as directed."

You say, "What we will need from you is to utilize your skills to bring the crystalline elements of the device into harmonic synchronization with the crystalline sculpture itself."

Ilian nods solemnly.

You say, "I will summon a Sentinel to lead us to the War Room."

You tell First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo, "Greetings, Deputy Chairman."

Hinic tells you, "Greetings."

You tell First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo, "Please join us at the Executive Boardroom."

Hinic tells you, "Very well."

Hinic arrives from the down.

Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "Where is the location of this device within our sovereign?"

You say to Ilian, "Within the Ministry of Peace."

You say, "Also, please pray mind."

You say, "You must remain silent within the War Room."

You tell Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai, "Archmage, can you join our group at the Boardroom? We are preparing to undertake Stage 3 of the device's construction."

Ayisdra tells you, "Aye. I can."

A chill wind blasts around you as Ayisdra arrives from the down, borne by a swirling vortex of ice crystals.

Ilian flexes her jaw thoughtfully, her crest rising with a flash of colour. "If we cannot obtain crystalline synchronization without the assistance of sound itself, then this surely is a matter most dire," she responds curtly.

Elanorwen blinks.

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "No speech doesn't mean no sound."

You say, "The Force Commander is correct."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "You just have to know that whatever sound you make is conveyed through the construct."

You nod your head at Jeanne, the windmuse elemental.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Ilian's lips.

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "So you can also speak gibberish if you like."

Elanorwen begins to follow you.

You say, "Thus, no discussion of the anomaly itself, nor of our efforts to neutralize it."

Kiradawea smirks.

You say, "In any form."

Dryly, Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "Your specifications of the situation are most appreciated, comrades."

You say to Ayisdra, "After Phase 3 is complete, will the Aeromancers be ready to perform Stage 4, Archmage?"

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "Do we know what stage 4 entails, precisely?"

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "I believe the Force Commander and I should be able to perform stage 4. As she been briefe..."

You say to Ayisdra, "I will allow you to explain the plan you have devised, Archmage."

Kiradawea shimmers with incandescent energy as the images of the Nine Seals blaze into existence along her arms. After a long moment they fade, though her eyes blaze with light for some time after.

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Channeling the Matrix to the device. I planned on creating a one-way air stream to siphon off the excess enegies of the Matrix."

Comprehension flashes across Kiradawea's face.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Feeding the machine with dross power? Clever."

Dull chiming noises echo in the distance at regular intervals, the sound of hammers on crystal.

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "Are we certain that will work? After all, it's not like we can draw dross power to fill our reserves completely..."

Abecedarian Aeya, a newbie in the Grand Empire of Hallifax, has entered Lusternia.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "The machine is empty of power. It just needs a spark."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "As the Sealbearer said. the Primus said the device only needs a jumpstart."

Elanorwen purses her lips, deep in thought.

With a smooth gesture, Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "But the device in itself, do we know its purpose?"

You say, "The design of the device is meant to harvest the emanations of the anomaly to prevent their broadcast to the dream realm."

Ilian nods solemnly.

You say, "The energies are then used to power the device itself."

You say, "As such, it will be self-sustaining after the initial infusion."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "We've already created a nodal energy lattice to guide and control the energy flow."

You say, "And the Sentinels have anchored the device's location in space-time to prevent it from being phased out of reality by errant oneiromantic energy."

Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms says, "Most efficient."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "I also planned on pooling a small orb of energy before actually channeling it into the device. That way, the device doesn't have any link to the matrix."

You say, "Are there any remaining questions before we depart? We will not be able to discuss the matter once we stand before the anomaly."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Not a question but more of a last minute check."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Force Commander. I will be channel the enegries into an orb. Once it is formed, I will have you do the actual siphoning of it while I maintain it within the room."

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "I can just act as a power source.... and if something comes out get its attention."

First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo says, "I am somewhat behind on the details of all this. Is there somewhere I can perhaps read up on it? I understand an anomaly appeared a few months ago."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Hmm. Is the Force Commander able to act as a power source? Does it have to be from the matrix?"

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "I meant link my strength to yours while you direct the energy flow."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "I am not sure if our combined personal power will be a enough. I suppose we will try my plan first of using the dross power to see if that is enough."

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "The conduit that you are planning will likely require a fair bit of power itself, which is likely to have to come directly from us."

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "Otherwise we might end up with errant energy discharge at random locations within the city which would likely have.... less than desirable results."

You say, "We will depart shortly."

(Institute): You say, "Conclave, we are preparing to enact Phase 3 and 4 in sequence. Will the completed device be able to be relocated once it is active?"

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Where would you wish to move it, Primus?"

(Institute): You say, "Pending Board approval, we may wish to relocate it to the Matrix itself so as to provide an optimal vector for the harvest of energies to continue its intended operation."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "The Matrix would not be an acceptable location. The strength of its power would interfere with the device."

(Institute): Kiradawea says, "I feel it would be best to keep the device in a difficult to reach location. We wouldn't want people to be able to waltz into the city and destroy it on a whim."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "I concur. I would advise that if the device and anomaly were left in a publicly accessible location, this would pose a security risk for the city."

(Institute): You say, "Very well, I concur. It will remain within the Ministry of Peace then."

(Institute): You say, "Conclave, please confirm when the device has been brought into harmonic synchronization, and we will proceed to Phase 4 thusly. We will be unable to respond to your communications while in proximity to the anomaly."

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Understood."

You say, "I have conferred with our laboratories and we are ready to proceed."

You say, "All please follow the Deputy Chairman."

You begin to follow Hinic.

=TRAVELLING GOES HERE=

The War Room of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A partially-constructed oneiromantic device surrounds the crystalline swan sculpture that stands here, crackling with temporal energy. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail. Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand. First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo is here. He wields an ornate steel rapier in each hand. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here, surrounded by clouds. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand. Startled from the languor of slumber, a dreamy-eyed damsel lingers here as if lost, her face coyly buried in a bouquet of pure white roses. Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms is here, shrouded. She wields a prismatic violin of the eternal lovers in her left hand.

Kiradawea inclines her head politely to Captain Irima Ironwing.

Elanorwen gives Captain Irima Ironwing a respectful salute.

Hinic gives Captain Irima Ironwing a respectful salute.

Ayisdra inclines his head politely to Captain Irima Ironwing.

Ilian steps forward with regal poise, one hand graciously extended to Captain Irima Ironwing as she sketches an elegant bow.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ilian lifts her bow with a delicate gesture, stepping forward with a rustle of her wings. Examining the sculpture momentarily, the lines of crystal and quartz she pauses for a moment. Before carefully lowering to one knee with a sweep of her robe. Striking the strings of her violin, a clean major seventh chord rings along the air of the War Room, the sculpture ringing pleasantly soon afterwards in perfect concord.

The complex mandala that forms the dome around the sculpture begins to hum, the crystalline filaments yearning for resonance.

Ilian stills for a moment, listening with a focused gleam of her cold eyes. Then rises, lifting her bow to rest position. She nods to her other comrades in satisfaction.

You nod your head sagely at Ilian.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental bounces up and down.

Showing that she understands, Kiradawea nods her head slowly.

Lacking a sustained melody to bring it to life, the crystalline filaments still once more.

Ilian ponders the situation.

Elanorwen sucks thoughtfully on her teeth.

Ilian nods her head at you.

You urge Ilian onwards.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental urges Ilian onwards.

Ilian lifts her bow once more, and furiously strikes the chord with precise movements - a storming melody rises from the rich sound of the gem-stoned violin. The same chords heard once before ring in familiar accord as the young trill sustains the melody and supports it with harmonic variations and fugues.

One by one, the thin filaments stir. Simply vibrating at first, they soon begin to twist, spinning on their axis as if being turned by a skilled harmonicist.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental mouths "more", all while urging the music on with a metronomic sway of her long tail.

Ilian continues onward in the melody, her eyes closing with determination as the sonorous sounds of the violin lilt along her fingers. The variations turn into their own melodies, and the keys of the previous chords are now altered into others of the scale.

Amidst the onslaught of sound, the device comes to life: as the crystal leaps into resonance it carries with it the metal wires, stirring them to the same vibrations.

Tekora watches the pattern closely, glancing between it and the schematic in her hand, ensuring the structure of the lattuce is in sync.

Ilian hums under her breath, drawing straight from her diaphram as she begins to sway from side to side as her feet begin to dance in time with Jeanne, the windmuse elemental's tempo. With a calculative glance, her fingers begin to grow in speed, the melodies now a fantasie of a precise concerto that is reminiscent of the rumblings of thunder and rain distant. She too examines the lattice as she plays onward, urging the machine to grow ever more active in the embrace of her song.

As if resonating with the song, the device begins to hum. Initially monotonal, the crystalline filaments within the fractal patterns soon vibrate to differing frequencies, shifting between delicate chords that stir the emotions to a flurry. When the crescendo fades, it leaves behind the polytonal hum of power, interspersed with the crackling of temporal energy.

The War Room of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A partially-constructed oneiromantic device surrounds the crystalline swan sculpture that stands here, crackling with temporal energy and humming with harmonic resonance. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here, surrounded by clouds. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand. Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand. First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo is here. He wields an ornate steel rapier in each hand. Startled from the languor of slumber, a dreamy-eyed damsel lingers here as if lost, her face coyly buried in a bouquet of pure white roses. Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms is here, shrouded. She wields a prismatic violin of the eternal lovers in her left hand.

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "The device has achieved harmonic resonance."

You smile softly at Ilian.

Kiradawea gives a thumbs up, signifying that the device is ready.

Tekora motions for Ayisdra and Elanorwen to begin their task.

Captain Irima Ironwing examines the device critically, and nods her head sharply.

Ilian completes the last few phrases, and with a flick of her bow inclines her head to all present.

You incline your head politely to Ilian.

The sound of quiet, muffled conversation drifts through the air.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental smiles and bounces around Ilian's feet, a cheerful spring in her step as before she zooms about the device, examining it from all angles.

• Ayisdra ponders the air around the room before stretching out his arm, a single finger extended outward towards the door. Ayisdra starts a small circular motion with his finger as the wind starts to stir, the pressure in the room dropping. After a few moments later, the Aeromancer forms a small vortex, an airstream that starts shape and stretch, rushing out of the room along the hallways of the Ministry and towards the Matrix. An inward flow of the stream suggests a one-way path, from the Matrix to the Aeromage.

Ayisdra turns to Elanorwen, giving them a light nod for them to maintain the static-charge within the room while he siphons off excess energies from the Matrix, holding the one way air stream rushing the power to the Archmage where it creates a palm size orb at his finger tip. Sparks of electricity flare around the Aeromancer. Once the orb finishes forming, the Archmage let go of the stream and the link it had, keeping the Matrix safe.

Power crackles from the top of the Matrix, leaping off in the direction of the Ministry of Peace.

Elanorwen steps forward, raising her staff in the air. She concentrates for a moment and a swirling wind surrounds her before expanding to encompass the whole room, siphoning any excess energy directly into her body. She grits her teeth momentarily before nodding to indicate that she is ready.

Ayisdra glows a soft warm color as he holds the orb of power within pressurized shell of air and gives a nod to Elanorwen to start slowly funneling the power into the device to jump start it.

Buffeting winds rattle all around, and the resonating device begins to take on a faint glow, as if in anticipation.

Tekora stands ready to assist if need be, holding her own staff.

Elanorwen Pavok moves forward to stand before Ayisdra. She puts her free hand on top of the orb as energy starts flowing through her, her body twitching slightly with the power coursing through it.

Captain Irima Ironwing narrows her eyes slightly, but makes no move to intervene.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental surreptitiously takes a few steps to place herself behind Kiradawea.

Lightning crackles in the air, sparks leaping towards the device.

Ayisdra watches closely as Elanorwen funnels the power, holding his position as orb shrinks in size.

Elanorwen lifts her arm with the staff higher as she tries to channel even more power into the device, forming a electrical arc in the air connecting the ceiling and the tip of her staff as she struggles to contain the energy within herself.

Power surges forth within the device, lighting it up so brightly that the whole War Room is filled with sparkling luminescence. Your vision blurs as motes of dreams wink in and out of existence so fast that it looks for a moment as if ethereal snow is falling within the room. Then a cool wind whips in, carrying the excess energy to the generators, and there is a thrum of power as the device begins to regulate itself.

(Institute): The Temporal Conclave says, "Primus, Execumatrix Magnificus. The device is now active and self-regulating. The anomaly has been neutralised."

The War Room of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Gargantuan crystal windows span nearly the entire wall of this large warroom, providing a majestic view over the territories surrounding the city of Hallifax. As breathtaking as the view is, its purpose is mainly practical, providing a clear view from which to coordinate the defence of the land surrounding the city proper. A large crystal table dominates the centre of the hall, displaying a map of reality beneath its crystal surface. Minute levers allow the map to be switched from prime to ethereal, elemental or even the aetherways themselves. A single inscription has been laid out in golden letters in the crystal floor, making up the words: war is peace. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with a keen, predatory fixation. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail. Faint wisps of dream motes periodically dance around the oneiromantic device that rests here, forming a dome around a crystalline sculpture of a swan. Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand. Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms is here, shrouded. She wields a prismatic violin of the eternal lovers in her left hand. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here, surrounded by clouds. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand. First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo is here. He wields an ornate steel rapier in each hand. Startled from the languor of slumber, a dreamy-eyed damsel lingers here as if lost, her face coyly buried in a bouquet of pure white roses.

probe device
    Resembling a giant dreamcatcher blown up into a dome-like shape, this device is obviously oneiromantic in nature. Woven from a mixture of delicate wires and crystalline filaments, the fractal pattern that forms the dome is almost hypnotically complex. A faint sheen of light fills the empty space between the strands and gleams with otherworldly power. It forms a shield-like construct over the crystalline swan sculpture, though whether it is protecting the sculpture from the world or the world from the sculpture is unclear.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

(Institute): You say, "Excellent. Thank you, Conclave. Please advise if the situation changes."

Kiradawea gives the world a thumbs up.

You say, "Well done. It is safe to speak again."

Ilian exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Captain Irima Ironwing ponders an elaborate oneiromantic device thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Captain Irima Ironwing says, "It would seem so."

Elanorwen takes a step back, exhaling loudly as she reaches out toward the nearest wall for support, her legs slightly shaky.

You say to Captain Irima Ironwing, "I must thank you personally for your assistance these past several months, Captain. Your vigil was surely the most taxing of all of our duties."

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "A good thing to hear."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Of course, the question still remains. What do we do now??"

The corner of Captain Irima Ironwing's mouth twitches.

Captain Irima Ironwing says to you, "Frankly, Primus, I found the silence rather peaceful."

You smile and say to Captain Irima Ironwing, "Then I will not rob you of your peace. Let us depart and leave the Captain to relax. She has earned it."

Hinic nods his head affirmatively.

Ministry of Peace.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. This large, busy room is well staffed at all hours of the day, and custodians of peace, order, and justice are constantly coming and going. Up front is a long reception desk and a waiting area with benches and chairs, all made of indigo crystal. Midway back are a number of small white crystal desks, each with a crystal screen. At the back is the communications and dispatch centre, with its crystal screens in constant use. Stairways down can be seen with signs indicating that they lead to equipment storage, training halls, and meeting rooms. A rich and ornate purple banner drapes here, proudly displaying the collectivist credo of the Sentinel Company of Temporal Anomalies. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, is here, playing games with her long tail. Counsellor Ilian Pavok, Canticle of Storms is here, shrouded. She wields a prismatic violin of the eternal lovers in her left hand. Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand. Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai is here, surrounded by clouds. He wields a delicate crystal staff in his left hand. Startled from the languor of slumber, a dreamy-eyed damsel lingers here as if lost, her face coyly buried in a bouquet of pure white roses. First Deputy Chairman Hinic, Officer of the Politburo is here. He wields an ornate steel rapier in each hand.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

Ilian Pavok steps to her side, quietly plucking some strings upon her violin. The healing aura of the simple notes enough to cease most of the strain.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Will you organize an inquiry as to the nature of the sculpture?"

You say to Jeanne, the windmuse elemental, "Our analysis will continue, of course."

Elanorwen flashes Ilian a charmingly crooked grin.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental nods her head emphatically.

Ilian nods solemnly to Elanorwen.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Lemme know if I can get Kira to help out."

Kiradawea peers at Jeanne, the windmuse elemental unscrupulously.

Elanorwen hides a grin behind her hand.

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental smirks.

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says to Kiradawea, "A real slave driver, is she?"

You say, "Now that it is no longer an active threat, we have much more leeway to investigate the nature of the sculpture in even more detail."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail says, "Only when she doesn't get her daily serving of crepes."

Force Commander Elanorwen Pavok, the White Falconess says, "That sounds delicious."

Elanorwen looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Archmage Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "Excuse me. I must depart."

Ayisdra inclines his head politely to those around him.

You nod your head at Ayisdra.

A gust of cold wind whips off to the southeast, bearing Ayisdra away in a swirling vortex of ice crystals.

Ilian steps forward with regal poise, one hand graciously extended to her audience as she sketches an elegant bow.

Elanorwen gives the world a smart salute.

You say, "Clear skies, to all of you."

=THE NEWS RELEASE=

HALLIFAX NEWS #1101
    Date: 12/5/2015 at 23:35
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Updated General Alert - Code Yellow Anomaly Neutralized and Downgraded

Greetings, Collective.

This is an updated general alert from the Matrix Research Institute. As
    of the 2'nd of Estar, the Code Yellow anomaly outlined in Hallifax News
    Post #1099 has been neutralized. Communications in the city can once
    again be considered safe and secure from outside monitoring. The anomaly
    has thus been downgraded to Code Green and is no longer an active risk
    to the city.

As an additional alert, the Matrix Research Institute is requesting that
    any individuals who have experienced any unusual dreams, or have been
    'gifted' objects within their dreams that result in physical objects
    coming into their possession when they wake, to notify the nearest
    authority.

Any questions relating to the anomaly or these instructions can be
    directed to a member of the Board of Directors.

In service to the Collective,
    Primus Tekora Windwhisper, of the Matrix Research Institute

Penned by my hand on the 3rd of Estar, in the year 429 CE.

================================================================

And so the Matrix Research Institute saved Hallifax from a most terrible fate.

OR HAVE WE.