QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Gaudiguch needs an executioner too :(
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    Clearly, Drachou should just clamber down from his perch and eat the perpetrator.

But woo! That executioner thing was a long, looong wait for Hallifax, I'm glad it turned out that awesome!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Eritheyl said:
    Clearly, Drachou should just clamber down from his perch and eat the perpetrator.

But woo! That executioner thing was a long, looong wait for Hallifax, I'm glad it turned out that awesome!
    I'm of the opinion that a group of harlots should shove the offending citizen into the Lava Falls.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Guardian Medallion curio ambient:

A numb sensation flows over you as frost forms over your flesh, and you realize you are truly beautiful, the next great step in evolution, realizing that the insignificant mortals about you should worship you as a god, not consider you an equal. 

A thin layer of frost forms over Xenthos as he seems to grow in size, beautiful yet cold, a heartless and frigid look settling into his eyes briefly.
    Guardian Medallion?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Looks like one of the Icewynd set.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I don't feel like executions are in the nature of Gaudiguch, BUT some people have suggested stocks, which would be grand!
    Stocks with rotten okorushi corpses thrown at them!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Morshoth said:
    I don't feel like executions are in the nature of Gaudiguch, BUT some people have suggested stocks, which would be grand!
    Forced sobriety.

Worst punishment ever for most of Gaudi ;)
    Stocks would actually be fantastic. Maybe, just because I want people to perish, they could die of shame after the procession.

-

• Eritheyl said:
    Stocks would actually be fantastic. Maybe, just because I want people to perish, they could die of shame after the procession.
    Maybe they are locked in there for "x" amount of time, and the only way to get out before is to be killed.  Have a kill button on there that will allow them to end their time short by killing them.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morshoth said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Maybe they are locked in there for "x" amount of time, and the only way to get out before is to be killed.  Have a kill button on there that will allow them to end their time short by killing them.
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.... Gaudiguch is the city of FREEDOM, not forced public humiliation. You want to humiliate yourself, you're FREE to get drunk, stoned, etcetera.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    So working out some kinks in my debater:

Sondayga unscrupulously quibbles about the smallest points in his argument, bringing up esoteric minutiae to support his radical theories. The logic of this argument is sound and you find yourself conceding to all the points raised.
    [Target attacked with: pettifoggery| Your mindset: analytical| Rating: strong]
    The stress of this debate is too much! You throw up your hands in exasperation and curse loudly, losing face in front of your peers.
    (acorn):  YOU LOST! ARGUE BETTER! 
    After a long pause in you and your interlocutor's dialectic, you lose interest in the debate and let your mind drift to other things.
    [30797.13|100%h|100%m|0%e|10p|100%en|99%w] mlrx<>- 
    (-881e) 

The Mountain Wars erupt as the two halves of the splintered dwarven kingdom rise up against each other, while the undead masters of Angkrag turn their cold eyes greedily upon the chaos.

Deep below the Basin of Life the Kephera Empire moves to destroy the illithoid of Ixthiaxa and the Prison of Illith. In order to render assistance to her people, Queen Ptoma declares her associations with Ptoma Hive at an end. Moving in an attempt to thwart the kephera, Overmind Tkegthul casts aside his associations to focus upon the coming conflict.
    The horizon glows with burnished shades of orange and red, heralding the imminent arrival of Father Sun upon the rim of the world.
    [30826.02|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w] melrx<>- 

How about it locks you in the room and you can't do anything but sit there? No talking, no tells, no messages, nothing besides looking. You have to fill a certain amount of time in the stocks before you can get out. An hour or so.

Shaddus said:
    How about it locks you in the room and you can't do anything but sit there? No talking, no tells, no messages, nothing besides looking. You have to fill a certain amount of time in the stocks before you can get out. An hour or so.

That one will grow old in seconds. You log on to Lusternia to play, not to sit and stare at the screen while being unable to do anything.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A better implementation of something like that would be less restrictive. Yes tells, yes talking, yes emotes. You're stuck in a cage room, but you can still interact with people and RP. It would be pretty interesting RP too!
    Enyalida said:
    A better implementation of something like that would be less restrictive. Yes tells, yes talking, yes emotes. You're stuck in a cage room, but you can still interact with people and RP. It would be pretty interesting RP too!
    Why, @Enyalida... if you had said something like that while I was still in Seren, things could've definitely gone differently between us. O:-)

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    No no no, there needs to be death, lots of death! Serenwilde will drown you, Hallifax throws you off a floating city and crushes you, I don't remember what the others do... Gaudiguch should have the dragon eat you. Or throw you into lava. Or make you undergo rapid mutations until your body can't handle it and dissolves into goo.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Glomdoring just murders you.

Or toadcurses you.  *eye Celina*
  • Mag hangs you and leaves your corpse to dangle over the northern city exit until the next person is executed. 

Running her hands over her lumpy and disproportioned body, Kregarn Sablewing, the Prodigal Pantaloon 
    says, "Oh, I don't drink. Bad for the figure."

And suddenly, Eritheyl had a new bardcrush.

-

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Xenthos said:
    Glomdoring just murders you.

Or toadcurses you.  *eye Celina*
    It wasn't me. I'm innocent
  • no no, serenwilde should execute someone by having them trampled under a horde of tiny furry creatures or the silver stag

imagine the deathline: Eventruu has been squished to death by a squirrel
    is dead like the dodo
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, Bandrui is our executioner (and she's awesome), though after our vengeance game, I sort of wish White Hart would do it instead :(
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rivius said:
    Yeah, Bandrui is our executioner (and she's awesome), though after our vengeance game, I sort of wish White Hart would do it instead :(
    But Bandrui doing it is terrifying (speaking from experience, of course).

Asmodea Kamau, Siren of Winter says, "Bandrui, please read bones for Everiine."
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig says, "That's it, Asmodea. She will read the bones for
    Everiine."
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig casts a scatter of bones on the ground, mumbling a soft, wild
    chant before cackling with pleasure.

A rush of chill wind sweeps through the bones, scattering them, as tendrils of
    grey mist rise from their surfaces, making faint shapes of faces, eyes, fur and
    hoof, before hovering over the collection in a silvery aura.

Bandrui Fyrgenwig's eyes begin to roll into her head as she spasms violently, a
    high, keening wail issuing from the depths of her throat as her hair flails
    around her, swinging like strands of wet silk.

Bandrui Fyrgenwig suddenly collapses before the bones, her eyes staring
    intently at their shape and configuration before sweeping them all up in one
    motion and crawling to her feet.

Bandrui Fyrgenwig exclaims, "I see... Death by drowning!!!"
    Throwing her hands in the air, Bandrui Fyrgenwig tosses her head back and
    laughs sadistically.

Assessing your weight, Bandrui Fyrgenwig chooses a slimy coil of rope from the
    ground of her hut. With surprising agility, she binds you up and then jabs you
    with a sharp shard of bone, causing your muscles to stiffen as she cackles
    softly.

Yanking at you with surprising strength, Bandrui Fyrgenwig drags you out to the
    swamplands outside her dwelling, cackling and gibbering, her silver bone
    necklace tapping against her collarbones.

Tranquil swamps.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. The
    bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A
    mud-covered island rises out of the surrounding waters, a few scattered, thin
    trees the only sign that there may perhaps have been full-blown woodlands here
    once long ago. To the north, the wood have once more encroached on the waters,
    creating a forested island. The ground continues to slope upwards to the
    southeast, whilst to the southwest it plunges into a deep but crystalline lake.
    Rising on the edge of the island is a haphazard hut overhung with entrails and
    bones.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, southwest, and in.

Bandrui Fyrgenwig stares at you and cackles, then drags you to the edge of the
    small lake in the southwest. She chants dark syllables into your ear, and
    suddenly you feel all willpower and defense leave you. Lifting you, Bandrui
    Fyrgenwig holds you precariously over the still waters, in which you see your
    reflection.

In a fierce motion, Bandrui Fyrgenwig dunks you mercilessly into the tepid
    waters, holding you under with supernatural strength as you struggle to free
    yourself. Unable to hold your breath any longer, you open your lips in
    desperation, only to find the water rushing into your mouth with enchanted
    potency, filling your lungs and squeezing out all air.

All natural noises cease in the Serenwilde forest, as if in expectation.

As the water chokes out all thoughts of breath and life, your flailing and
    struggling slow, and your eyes open to gaze into the murky depths, embracing
    the rest of death. Just before you lose consciousness, you hear as through a
    distance the fierce keening of a female voice, wailing with righteous
    despair... then darkness.

A bone-chilling wail echoes across the Serenwilde, fading into a despairing
    silence.
    You have been slain by Execution through drowning in the Serenwilde.
    As your soul leaves your body, the elixir vitae courses through your spirit and
    suddenly bursts in a bright light, forming a new body around your soul.
    You have been slain by Execution through drowning in the Serenwilde.
    A swirling force begins to tug at your soul and the world spins around you.
    [Treant]» Kills: 0 Deaths: 1 (Execution through drowning in the Serenwilde)
    [Treant]» Kills: 0 Deaths: 2 (Execution through drowning in the Serenwilde)

Bandrui Fyrgenwig stares about with large, emotionless eyes, then cleans
    herself up and shuffles back into her hut.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    On the frequency of Towers of Hanoi in quests:

Ankastra tells you, "I think it's silly that they have to be stacked like this. And so many people in the Basin have the same problem with stacking objects! I can't imagine what their shelves look like."

<3
  •  

Tacita said:
    On the frequency of Towers of Hanoi in quests:

Ankastra tells you, "I think it's silly that they have to be stacked like this. And so many people in the Basin have the same problem with stacking objects! I can't imagine what their shelves look like."

<3

And all of the people who lose their stuff ALL THE TIME?  Without us, this place would fall apart!
    edited September 2021
    [this did not age well]

-

• (Clan): Lilija says, "The assumption is that everyone breeds like the crystal people do. Just break a piece off and plant it in a jar of sugar water."
    (Clan): Entrias says, "As opposed to non-lucidians, who just want to "break a piece off"."