Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Silvanus likes Celina, she will always be his niece, and her son (Vera!) is one of my favorites in the d'Murani, so Silv will always hold respect for Celina. 

Outside of family stuff, my interactions with Celina has mostly been a back and forth tease fest involving who killed who most recently. Silv likes that Celina can give back as much as she takes, and for that you will always earn Silv's respect, especially because I like to talk and provoke.

A pretty good fighter, last time we fought, you were healing, which probably prevented you from being a better 1v1 fighter. Reading one of your conversations with Veyruzhul on here, Celina went Hexes? and is probably much better at achieving her kill scenarios (My advice: go Mugwump, hexen speed >>>>> all).

Beyond that, our recent interactions has mostly been boring-Warlordy to former GM/turned Ascendent, which worked out well for both sides. Because of that, Silv will look positively on Celina and her position within Glom.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • (Oh man, I've been ninja-ed. I want to respond to the last three! Celina first, Silvanus later. I can't respond to Skye's yet. Can't beat that. <3)

Svorai has a great deal of respect for what Celina is: someone of integrity of character. Celina is true to herself, and whether Svorai agrees with the mindset of that or not, she admires that Celina will bear criticism and remain standing when the critics are done.

As much as others would wish Celina had acted or spoken in different ways at different times, Svorai believes Celina has an important role to play in Glomdoring's daily affairs, and has been more or less content to let her exercise her opinions in the manner she deems fit. Recently, when Celina killed Alacardael, Svorai was so pleased with the way the following interactions went with both her and Alacardael. Small victories like that make her wonder whether the Princess hates her less nowadays.

Whether knowingly or not, Celina has been the whetstone upon which Svorai sharpened her ability to deal with strong-minded people. Her interactions with the Princess (and more relevantly, as Queen and Ambassador) have made Svorai realise how much of herself is in Celina. She appreciates her more than she allows Celina to know.

Celina bears the title 'the Heartless', which Svorai believes is her greatest thorn, preventing her from realising her real destiny. It's a frustration of Svorai's, because she senses she could find an ally and friend in Celina were she to realise some hard truths. Truths about herself, about what Glomdoring is, and her place within it. And that title... if only she knew.

Svorai suspects that Celina really believes Svo is a heavy-handed lawful pseudo-city-lover, and doesn't just say it to evoke a response, which does disappoint Svorai. Why can't Celina see that she isn't fighting her? That she wants precisely what Celina does? Until Celina understands, however, the two will continue to clash. And Svorai is content enough to let Celina believe what she wants to believe about her.

Svorai both dreads and is hopeful for interactions with Celina, in equal measure. It's like a sick addiction. For the most part, however, she avoids her. Save yourself for the high.

Svorai laments that she hasn't been able to crack Celina yet, but she will. All things require time and opportunity to realise themselves, and Svorai waits for the day that Celina becomes what she must be, for she'll be key in bringing about Glomdoring's glory.

And, wait, did I authorise her muzzle to be taken off? Put that back on.

• Morbo respects anyone that is able to serve as city leader for more than a few weeks without going inactive, to then also show up in combat or revolts and flares is the mark of a great leader even without having ever served under Svorai.

Morbo knows that Svorai likely hates him, but she is still on the short list of the people he'd steal from Glomdoring if he could because Morbo values dedication and service more than any other traits and feels that anyone that would be willing to improve themselves to serve the Collective better makes an ideal citizen.
  • Kira has a great deal of approval for Morbo. In him she sees honesty and an earnest demeanor, and she approves greatly of this. In a political scene of backstabbings and selfish, nepotistic agendas, Morbo feels like a breath of fresh air, if for no reason than because his sheer bluntness and dividing nature prevents him from having any real hidden agendas. She believes he honestly seeks what is best for the collective. Something she can't say the same for regarding all the other city leaders Hallifax has had since Cririk.

That said, she often considers him foolish, brash and overly emotional. His behaviour strikes her as someone who tries to act the way he perceives stoic people to act, rather than someone who is naturally stoic. This, coupled with an apparent lack of social graces, makes her wince internally whenever he "initiates social niceties". She also wouldn't mind him turning his mind to other exploits than combat. Hallifax should show people the way through the light of science and art. Not overwhelming explosions of balestone fire.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2013
    Morkarion considers Kiradawea to be overly friendly, highly energetic and about as subtle as a brick at times. They haven't spoken in some time now, not since Mork accidently insulted her with his terrible sense of humour and she stormed off. But he still thinks that she would make an awesome footstool.

Celina is a complete puzzle that Morkarion can't figure out. He's not sure if she's a tough bitch facade hiding a gentle caring person behind, a scarred person resigned to a life of bitterness, or just an obnoxious swine with a short temper. Regardless he knows to keep on her good side, and not to rise to her bait when her mouth opens up. Her devotion to Mother Night is not without question, infact if it weren't for her single eye to tell them apart, her public personality, fanaticism and vain nature would easily confuse Mork into thinking he was talking to Rowena.

She's more than capable to defend those that have a sense of meaning to her, whether it be the forest or her family, a respectable trait for Morkarion even if he holds issue with certain members of the Nightshade family. Celina's sense of decorum and dignity, as well as her opinions on several matters in the Basin all hold her in good stead with Morkarion. She's a bitch, but she's his kind of bitch.

Lavinya knows Morkarion better than anyone. If Morkarion was a puzzle, she'd have more pieces to it than anyone else, he often wonders if he was actually wrong about his parents, but he doesn't question the trust he has in her. She's been privy on several occasions to his inner most thoughts, which is scary to Morkarion, but not as scary as the ease in which she's achieved this. Since his earliest days she has been a guide, a teacher, a confident and a friend.

He finds her loyalty and faith to those who she cares about unwavering, he cannot begin to fathom the concept of questioning her status as His Chosen, the matter is beyond any doubt to Morkarion. When his Aunt retired from her office and Lavinya took her position, he knew that despite over a hundred years of stability in the leadership, the transition and subsequent running would be as smooth as it could be. He always has time for Lavinya, though he does feel at times she jumps the gun, and has to let things play out as they are, but it's in her motherly instincts to have her hand in guiding things, something he admires with the lack of his own mother figure.

Silvanus is a proud man, and not short of being vocal about it. He's Mork's idea of a Warlord, direct, brash and cutting through the swarths of political bullshit wtih a very sharp knife, a view which to Mork's disappointment the majority of the basin doesn't seem to share. Mork doesn't know much of Silvanus on a personal level, but knows he can take the man at his word, and further more if he says something will get done, he doesn't need asking twice.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2013
    Xeria thinks Morkarion is surprisingly civilized for a wyrdling. Given that she kind of expects them to eat everything in sight --just because they can-- she's surprised to find not all of them are that way. Even so, give her half a chance, She'll do her best to pike their heads if they mess her with her home.
    is dead like the dodo
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2013
    Ok Have to pick out a few here.

Silvanus - Obviously Lavinya adores him, has for a long time. Long before he was even a demigod she had her eye on him, and was drawn to his unwavering strength and commitment to the city. Her opinion is highly biased by her affection, but in her eyes there is no finer man. She admires his pride in his family and Magnagora, how he leads not just with words and pointed  fingers, but by taking action himself and encouraging everyone to join him. She finds him hot-headed at times, and will happily meet his temper head on, telling him exactly what she thinks of his decisions and not just pandering to his ego or what he wants to hear, because in the end she knows he respects her opinion and loves her enough to listen to the words and not the shouting. That being said, she will never openly question his wisdom, she is his greatest supporter and will stand by him no matter what. She'll just vent at him quietly in private about it. Lavinya is really not secretive in her affection for her husband and doesn't care who knows it, especially making sure -he- knows it. She thinks his strategic planning and foresight is often understimated by those who don't know him so well, he is more cunning than he's given credit for, and always, always plotting and planning ahead.

Morkarion. Well, Lavinya was convinced he was her son, she still has a sneaking suspicion he might be, but alas. She finds him proud, arrogant and altogether hasty, but she has great admiration for his courage and his determination. She put a lot of faith in him, encouraging him and chastising him by turns, doing what she thought would help guide him to be a Magnagoran to be proud of. It hurt her a lot to watch him walk away from the city, believing beyong a doubt it was where he belonged. Every time he speaks about the Glomdoring or puts his efforts to helping their cause, she can't help but feel a pang of betrayal. She didn't teach him to use his talents for a mob of savages, tsk. She is exceedingly fond of him all the same, and misses him terribly, though she will likely not admit that to him.

Morbo - Lavinya thinks he is the most arrogant, pompous man of her acquaintance, and she knows a lot of arrogant men (She is Revan's daughter, after all). She finds him clumsy and hamfisted when it comes to politics, his recent attempts to goad her into enemying him and therefore declaring war on Hallifax a shining example. She was not impressed by his complete lack of subtlety and presumes that it must be a Hallifaxian trait in general, not knowing how to play the game nobles are taught from the cradle - cunning and subterfuge.

Xeria - Lavinya hasn't met her, but has heard of her efforts in doing almost any task she can find that actively opposed Magnagora. She would probably greet her with a scathing look of contempt, if she paid her any heed at all.

Svorai - Lavinya's first encounter with Svorai was at a moment of -extreme- frustration, one that caused her to snap before thinking, presuming the forest dwelling lady was deliberately taunting her. Finding her somewhat of an enigma, when it came to approaching her for unenemying, Lavinya resorted to her strong sense of decorum in the hope of finding a positive response. In her few conversations with her, she has found her very guarded, making it difficult for Lavinya to tell what she is thinking, something she finds quietly unsettling. She believes Svorai must possess a large amount of control and a certain amount of dry humour that comes across in her writings. Lavinya definitely wonders what is going on behind the smooth facade.

• edited March 2013
    Morkarion is an archetypical orclach taken to the extreme. Dumb as bricks. Arrogant and blunt. And completely unable to solve problems through any means but violence. In other words. The perfect Magnagoran. To hear that he had transferred over to Glomdoring was at first something she would dismiss as being impossible. There could simply be no way a guy like him could survive in the forest.

And then she spoke to him and apparently it turned out to be true. That was a weird experience. Of course, he then had to go ahead and treat her like a hostile. One of the few things that turns her icy cool with rage. This has caused her to since dismiss him as a mindless automaton that has simply been reprogrammed to work for Glomdoring. No later interactions have given her reason to believe otherwise, because there hasn't been any.

EDIT: Erf. Xeria... xeria... sorry. I got nothing. I don't believe we have met.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    For Morbo:

When Rivius first met Morbo, their initial conversation wasn't very pleasant. Morbo was extremely curt, somewhat impatient and grossly condescending. This didn't make for a great first impression. However, over the years of working together, Rivius realized that Morbo's somewhat acerbic exterior just happens to be how he is and that deep down, he truly has a pretty big heart. What started off as a very stiff acquaintance became one of the strangest, though also one of the most natural friendships he's had. Rivius has a strong respect for Morbo's dedication to Hallifax, his unwavering loyalty to the city and the passion he shows toward making it grow and evolve. He finds him to be very exemplary of the sort of loyalty and dedication any person should have for their organization and admires that aspect of him.
    When Rivius was younger, he wasn't too fond of Morbo's very frank nature, though on growing older and wiser, it is exactly the sort of thing he seeks out in a friend and his friendship with Morbo is one he is glad of. 
  • I hope this doesn't count as necroing, but this sounds fun.

Rivius: Majanishi hasn't really known Rivius for very long. Inf act, he just happened to be here when Maja woke up from his long slumber, as the Champion. Having been a protege of Iasmos, Maja has a pretty large amount of respect for anyone that is proficient in combat, especially someone in his guild. Part of that fascination lies in the fact that Maja is still a complete and utter newbie at combat, as many Gloms can attest to hehe. Rivius reminds Maja a hell of a lot of Iasmos, and since Iasmos doesn't come around much anymore, Rivius seems to have fallen into the bracket of mentor-type in Maja's mind. Thus why he is pursuing combat training with him so that he can finally kill other people instead of just stand in one spot and getting wailed on or running away like he does so often in debates.

Malarious: (is it "allowed" to tag people in who I don't think have posted?) I have kind of a mixed perception of Malarious because I encounter him in two completely different ways. One, as Majanishi, who is a bitter enemy, and the other as Severian who was in Mag before when Malarious was (Mal was in mag right..? I'm not crazy?) and now they are both in Glom. In either vantage point, Malarious does command a great deal of respect from me. His violence and aggression toward Majanishi is completely metered, believable, and to be honest, fair. I had a REALLY enjoyable roleplay with him via tells after he assassinated me on astral. It was really nice to actually talk with someone after the deed was done (I wanted to put in have a cigarette and some scotch heheh) and kind of unpack some anger and aggression. Usually as a player I just seethe whenever I die and get really frustrated at my lack of combat skill. When Malarious got me, I worked out why he did it and while I would have preferred that I had killed him, Maja wasn't ultimately disappointed that he had been slain. As Severian there's kind of a hushed respect since Malarious seems so methodical with his killing manner and his strategy. It's brilliant.

I haven't really had occasion to talk to anyone else that has posted, really.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Majanishi: Elanorwen thinks he's a massive chauvinist and pig. She's quite surprised that he ever got to a guild leadership position and coincidentally thinks Serenguard must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to elect him.

Svorai: Elanorwen respects Svorai a fair bit, and there's also the beginnings of friendship going there despite the fact that the two are very mismatched in terms of personality.

Yes, I know... rather short, but eh... not feeling very descriptive right now.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Majanishi: Elanorwen thinks he's a massive chauvinist and pig. She's quite surprised that he ever got to a guild leadership position and coincidentally thinks Serenguard must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to elect him.

Svorai: Elanorwen respects Svorai a fair bit, and there's also the beginnings of friendship going there despite the fact that the two are very mismatched in terms of personality.

Yes, I know... rather short, but eh... not feeling very descriptive right now.
    Elanorwen: Surprisingly Maja feels no ill-will towards Elanorwen. He (and I) are often irritated by how your hatred of him seems to trascend into OOC land (forum references available upon request). Regardless, strictly IC, Maja considers her a traitor but is indifferent to her actually leaving Serenwilde. He figures Serenwilde has enough crazy people in it. He's also QUITE delighted that he pisses her off so much for simply saying something jokingly at her (baring my dirty laundry): HEY EVERYONE Maja told her to via tell to not get her panties in a bunch. And now she hates him. Simply DELIGHTFUL!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Mmmmmh, the hate actually stems from something else you said later... bringing a joking comment that was made on an OOC clan to IC... and then mentioning something regarding hammers and rear ends... I tend to be a bit too nice to repeat that in a public forum, so I guess people will have to draw their conclusion.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited March 2013
    You are 100% welcome to repeat it. I was speaking to you OOC when referencing that asking you why you disliked me. Too lazy to use // or ((. Sorry for the confusion.

PS I feel compelled to mention that I was talking with Hiriako during this time, and he was indicating that you're just crazy Elanorwen.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Anywho, to be back on topic...

Ev doesn't know Majanishi too well, which surprises him. He knows that Majanishi comes and goes, like most people, but he's never gotten the chance to really know him. He remembers him as what he appears to be--a Serenguard who is straightforward, does his duty, doesn't complain, doesn't cause trouble, participates in the cult of the Warrior Spirits, and in all ways toes the party line. He can be remarkably unremarkable, yet entirely reliable and trustworthy. His most distinguishing characteristic is that Ev never has to take him into account--he knows where Majanishi stands, and there aren't many surprises.

Of course, Majanishi taking an interest in leading the Serenguard was one of those surprises. Ev wasn't sure how Majanishi would do in the role, but he's been pleasantly surprised. Majanishi has plans for the Serenguard and is willing to put them out there. Ev doesn't agree with all of Majanishi's proposals, but admires Majanishi's ability to handle constructive criticism. Ev thinks that the future should be good to Majanishi, and hopes that a regular, active High Chief will lead to greater involvement of the Serenguard in the affairs of the Serenwilde and among themselves.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (insert pretty much every Seren character I've ever had) wishes Everiine would bring more ceremony and ritual to the forest. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Everiine: Majanishi has always had a strong and healthy respect for Everiine. He was the main leader during Maja's time, both as the High Chief and the Great Chief, and commanded respect and loyalty from his Tribe. Maja's jump into the Spirit Paths and desire to be a Chief were because of Everiine. Granted though, as you say, Maja feels like he doesn't know Everiine too well. He understands his general demeanor in politics, and how he handles conflict and respects that. Maja does want to get to know him much better and outside of a formal standing, but as stated, Maja tends to slumber for long periods of time for various reasons, so the only sure thing is that Maja won't make any trouble and will help out where he can.

• Shaddus said:
    (insert pretty much every Seren character I've ever had) wishes Everiine would bring more ceremony and ritual to the forest. 
    That's actually one of the few things I've accomplished as Maja in association with Everiine was reemphasizing ritual in the Serenwilde. Maja is actually writing a book right now on Ritual in the Serenwilde as a whole, hoping to publish for all the libraries and the bardics!

• Xeria has met Majanishi and thinks that he's just another one of the "older people" in the forest.

Although she's been told that Everiine tells good stories.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Allyrianne's had a pleasant conversation with Xeria, and watched a ritual she participated in. She thinks she seems nice, although perhaps a little overly energetic, and that she shares what Allyrianne views as the superstitious nature of most Serenwilders, although she would never comment on that to their face.
    Entrias thinks Allyrianne is progressing along the path to greatness. He saw it in her as a novice, and he's glad she's coming out of her shell.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Zyphora is actually very fond of Entrias. Her first impression of him was of a diligent and obedient Collectivist, though that swiftly was added on to when he responded to her casual flirting (out of boredom) with full-force flirting, which took her completely off-guard and confused her for a while. Their romance was rather whirlwind in the beginning, but has developed into something deeper and rather unexpectedly touching to her. He still likes to exercise the ability to completely take her off-guard, and it is hard for her to act with as much grace when he does so. With his compassionate nature, patience, and empathy for her feelings, he is a sanctuary when she is feeling overwhelmed.

• Ceana doesn't know Zyphora very well, but from her few interactions with her, she seems to be soft-spoken and lacks the usual pompous arrogance that some city dwellers often exude. Always understanding of late herb deliveries and adverse circumstances, Zyphora has been great to work with on the business front. She also receives extra points for winning the Beauty Seal with a design relating to Ceana's favourite Elder gods.
    edited March 2013
    Zyphora knows Ceana as a very efficient herbalist and a relative of her friend Gabriella. As one that is uncomfortable about asking much from others, Zyphora feels slightly guilty for requesting so many bulk herbs with every order, but that is not the reason for her patience with deliveries. Rather, it makes her all the more emphatic in expressing that she really doesn't mind if deliveries don't come for a few months. Zyphora doesn't fully understand the hardships herbalists face, though she is sure there are many, considering how fickle plants can be when not given ideal conditions. It was a revelation to her when Ceana explained that there are actually months that plants are dormant. The interactions between Ceana and Zyphora have been brief and strictly business-related, and from these Zyphora has gathered that Ceana is patient, polite, and knowledgeable in her field. Zyphora always tries to express the depth of her appreciation for Ceana's work through her letters.

• Allyrianne greatly admires Zyphora, and hopes someday to do as much for someone as she feels Zyphora has done for her. I'm still a bit sad I missed the tea party, because it would have been fun to have Allyrianne watching Irillia and Zyphora out of the corners of her eyes to model their behaviour, as she considers the two of them to be her unofficial mentors to polite society. And the arts. And Isune's Order. And really everything except Symphonium affairs. She doesn't distinguish a great deal between Zyphora and Irillia, and is sometimes slightly surprised that a conversation with one of them isn't automatically known in full detail by the other. She's getting a bit better about that though. Zyphora becoming romantically involved with Entrias has helped.

She considers being invited by her into the Windwhispers one of the highlights of her so far short life, and looks forward to the day when she can consider herself officially a member of the family, even though she already feels like one. Zyphora's been associated with quite a few other highlights as well, what with being instrumental in getting her to join Isune's Order, and being there for her theatrical debut.
    edited March 2013
    From what Zyphora has observed of Allyrianne's words and actions, she has gathered that she is a remarkably intelligent young woman with a natural sense of curious exploration and intuition that can take her very far, in city, guild, and Order. She was glad (and in part relieved) that Allyrianne accepted her invitation into the House of Windwhisper rather than any of the other Hallifaxian families, since she sees in her a great capacity for the arts, among other factors. With regard to the relationship between her cousin and Allyrianne, Zyphora is very aware of the potential for a successful and culturally-powerful match, and she approves wholeheartedly.

Secretly, Zyphora has a few surprises in the works for Allyrianne, and she's feeling quite gleeful about it. (And no one's allowed to ask what they are!)

(Zyphora and @Irillia are very similar, so I don't blame Allyrianne at all for associating them closely. Their friendship borders on narcissistic. :) )

• Zyphora stands firmly in the gaggle of individuals Mael sees as essential to the current wellbeing of the Collective. A strong leader, artistically inclined ( and an eventual playwright whether she wants to become one or not ^.=.^ ), and actively serving the Collective on multiple levels. She's also acquired Mael's interest and meddling curiosity in her personal life, having inadvertently rekindled the uncle-ish tendencies he directed to some other Windwhispers.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• In her youth, Irillia always found Maellio intimidating and rather odd, admittedly in part simply because he was a dracnari in Hallifax, not to mention his eccentric habit of skulking stealthily into rooms to listen in on conversations without making his presence known and then throwing out a clever remark out of the blue. On these occasions, he would always say things that sounded very erudite and esoteric, too, which didn't help with Irillia feeling a little in awe of Maellio. As a young, fluttery trill, what does she know about things like planar energy or temporal displacement?

However, as time went on, Maellio's long-standing friendship with both her parents and his quiet but unfailing support of Irillia has gradually caused her to view him like an uncle. She learned from her mother's play rehearsals that he also has a colorful sense of humor and from her father that he is a firm supporter and promoter of culture and art. From guiding her through attaining Grid Lord status; to helping her with hosting cultural events and gatherings; to simply keeping her in a steady supply of stationery, tea cups, and booklets, he has helped her in a dozen ways, both large and small, and in the process has won her affection without losing her respect. She feels confident approaching him with an idea for a cultural event or addition to Hallifax, knowing that he'll listen and encourage her with her plans, and thus is very happy to work with him as the city leader.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Ciaran never remembers very well, being an old man, arguably retarded, however he definitely feels positively towards Irillia.

She seems really with it and well put together.  He wouldn't be very surprised at all to be taking orders from her someday in the future.  Perhaps he even looks forward to it.  He wishes he could get her to come on some more aetherhunts to get to know her better.

Come on, get into the van, we have xp! I mean, candy!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Ciaran is Entrias' creepy old uncle. Not in a white van sort of way (sort of), but the sort of uncle that brings you cookies when you're locked into your bedroom without dinner. Cool as hell, always willing to help out and test stuff, and all around fun at conventions and meetings. 

By the way, someone else should comment on Ciaran. Mine was inadequate.