Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Yeah maybe.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Chirbo said:
    You really like that gif don't you @Zeleni
    It is, after all, one of the best gifs in the history of gifdom.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

• Everiine said:
    Guys, whether we IC agree or disagree with Hallifax's actions, can any of us really claim that, given a similar situation, we as players wouldn't have done the exact same thing JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? I mean, come on... I think this is pretty awesome :) .
    Basically this.

None of us knew what it was going to do. We thought it would just do some small bit of damage at most. Nothing like what it did.
  • Talan said:
    I am only upset because people I don't like got to enjoy something.
    You could always comeback2Hallifax.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ayisdra said:

Everiine said:
    Guys, whether we IC agree or disagree with Hallifax's actions, can any of us really claim that, given a similar situation, we as players wouldn't have done the exact same thing JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN? I mean, come on... I think this is pretty awesome :) .
    Basically this.

None of us knew what it was going to do. We thought it would just do some small bit of damage at most. Nothing like what it did.
    Some of us weren't even there when it happened, and were mortified IC when we found out.

But seriously, we proposed a giant laser, Sciomore built it, told us to test it and where to point it, and then a mountain disappeared. The official in-character line is that it never happened, and that so far as we are aware Zoaka disappeared in a freak natural disaster. Or was the last time I was logged in. 

Bear in mind, I don't have IC clearance to know the truth, but Certain Parties felt it was pertinent that I be informed, under the circumstances.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Talan said:
    I am only upset because people I don't like got to enjoy something.
    You could always comeback2Hallifax.
    Back off Hallifax, her boyfriend is Gaudiguch now.

And I hear Gaudiguch hits hard.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited December 2015
    "The Zoaka Memorial Crater" hard?
  • Luce said:
    Ayisdra said:

Everiine said:
    Basically this.

Some of us weren't even there when it happened, and were mortified IC when we found out.

But seriously, we proposed a giant laser, Sciomore built it, told us to test it and where to point it, and then a mountain disappeared. The official in-character line is that it never happened, and that so far as we are aware Zoaka disappeared in a freak natural disaster. Or was the last time I was logged in. 

Bear in mind, I don't have IC clearance to know the truth, but Certain Parties felt it was pertinent that I be informed, under the circumstances.

I see you took some hard False Memory lessons from your love affair with Glomdoring.  :>

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not False Memory, just classified information and state secrets. 

OOC, yeah, we have a sub-orbital death-laser, we shot it, Zoaka went boom. But if we're asked IC about it, official response is "I do not know, and have no opinion."

Like, 50% of Hallifax's RP is Soviet cloak-and-dagger style state secrets, 15% is art, 15% mad science, 10% DMV-esque bureaucracy, and 10% tea. With a 3% margin of error.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Just 10% tea?  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Good lord, this is giving me such a headache trying to figure out how to formulate my thoughts while being surreptitious at the same time. I wasn't even supposed to be playing. @-)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm fairly new to Lusternia and I'm almost certain that my noobness translates over my portrayal of Yarou as well -- where older players reacted to the rising of the soulless Gods with varying degrees of disbelief, anger, grief and so forth, she pretty much reacted in shades of fear, uncertainty and anxiety.

Yes, I shaped her character after an actual pygmy goat, so she's easily startled, hyperactive, etc., with more than a few other quirks.

Anyway, Yarou wasn't particularly attached to any of the old Gods, so she didn't really grieve for Them like her citymates did and continue to do. She is sympathetic to their grief and occasionally mourns with them, (@Chirbo especially), but for the most part she's embraced @Frai and @Aelish without any problems or reservations.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm low key sad that I don't play my furrikin character(s) anymore. Free reign to be cute is so nice :C 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I can't really imagine you being cute
  • Enyalida said:
    I'm low key sad that I don't play my furrikin character(s) anymore. Free reign to be cute is so nice :C 
      Rejoin the furry troop!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I thought being anti fun was Hallifax RP

• Luce said:
    OOC, yeah, we have a sub-orbital death-laser floating cannon fortress, we shot it, Zoaka went boom. But if we're asked IC about it, official response is "I do not know, and have no opinion."
    Please, that is not an KILL-SAT. This is a KILL-SAT.

• Kiradawea said:
    Well. I'm done with this event. Thank you Hallifax. You always know how to drag the fun and enjoyment out of everything.
    I just wanna kill someone!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yay Hammer of Dawn Logic
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Well. I'm done with this event. Thank you Hallifax. You always know how to drag the fun and enjoyment out of everything.

Agreed. The sad part about events like this that start out being really awesome and fun is that someone always strips it of all its fun for the sake of their "rp". Its not rp if all you are doing is ruining the fun for everyone else and its especially not rp if the reason you are doing it is so your character doesnt have to deal with a bunch of tells of people yelling at them because your city followed the commands given to them by the divine. We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for wveryone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.
  • Synkarin said:
    So grow a pair and oppose your leaders - vote them out of office or whatever you want to do.

Try to do that in hallifax and you get "personally arrested" and removed from the city by our "minister of peace". Again. Ruining all the fun of the event if you get kicked out of your org for trying to do what they clearly want you to do to further along the event.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ixion said:
    Trying to RP after a 14 hour work day doesn't work very well. English. Words. Blurgleworgle.

Been there often over the last few months. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.