Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    I feel everyone needs to just breathe. It's a game. Have fun! 

Why aren't we passing out propaganda pamphlets, guys?

We are, but we can tell you're a security risk.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited December 2015
    Xenthos said:
    I don't understand.  Is your contention that "If there is an event going on, all players in the game should throw out all of their character history and become zealots who do whatever they're told, even if they were not that in the first place"?  Because that's definitely not roleplay.

Characters should react to current events in the manner that is based on their backstory.  If you're playing a gullible, believing character-- then by all means, go all in.  But don't disparage others because they are playing characters who are more skeptical.  Especially other characters who have seen all this kind of thing before and just have no reason to trust it.
    This. Much this.

edit:

Oh, and yes. I'm with @Silvanus on doing worse things if it were me behind the gods at the moment, despite my heavy and near-trollish opposition of Serane(who should just become a real elder god. WE SAVED MANTEEKAN. THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR YOU)

edit2:

AND BESIDES, IN GAIL WE TRUST.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• WHO IS GAIL???
  • You are Gail, silly.
  • Celest isn't going to blindly follow the orders of any divine without question- we've had entirely too many of them ending up being something other than what they appear to be. We're not getting our questions answered? We're going to remain skeptical. If Aelish were issuing ultimatums instead of playing up the whole benevolence schtick, there would be a great deal more open defiance, instead of backroom plotting.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Really enjoyed the stuff that happened in Seren today, especially the shouts that followed it. (Silly outsiders know less than Jon Snow)
  • You all need some lessons from Gaudiguch on how to plan an insurgency while partying to pretend like everything's cool.

• Didn't Gaudiguch literally start rioting so hard that Frai physically removed the entire population from the city's borders? Or did I hear that story wrong?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Didn't Gaudiguch literally start rioting so hard that Frai physically removed the entire population from the city's borders? Or did I hear that story wrong?
    It's part of The Plan. If we didn't begin with rioting as per the grand Gaudiguchian tradition, old @Frai would have known something's up. After the riots, a truce was made over kegs of whiskey and we asked questions from Frai, and then came the parties all hailing the coming of the Hooded One. All gail!

*schemes in the background*

• Shaddus said:
    Nyxx said:
    Synkarin said:
    So grow a pair and oppose your leaders - vote them out of office or whatever you want to do.

Try to do that in hallifax and you get "personally arrested" and removed from the city by our "minister of peace". Again. Ruining all the fun of the event if you get kicked out of your org for trying to do what they clearly want you to do to further along the event.

As for this, if you feel that contesting someone in charge will get you punished, I urge you to use the issue system or email support.

Cant contest a ministry. Its appointed. And i still think using ooc reasons to not go along with something and then say you're gunna kick people out for it is also stupid. And ya that does the ruin the fun. You're basically telling us "you cant go along with this event or you lose your city, guild, order, etc. You gotta play along and rp with us the way we want or we boot you. Not the divine." Yeah cuz you know. Threats like that are SOOO much fun for everyone right and the entire point to all of this just so you can go on a power trip and boot everyone. Yeah Kira isnt the only one pissed off at it and neither am i. Wake me when the stupid event is over if that's how peoples is gunna play it.
  • As for you @Shaddus was it not you who was recently complaining abouy people in the serenwilde council doing things you dont want them to do because leaders are elected to be representatives of what the people of their guild want (not to just go about and do whatever THEY want) and how you want a way to remove guild leaders from the council because they "arent your representatives". So what? Does that only apply when it's happening to you? Thats a bit hypocritical.
  • Nyxx said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Well. I'm done with this event. Thank you Hallifax. You always know how to drag the fun and enjoyment out of everything.

Agreed. The sad part about events like this that start out being really awesome and fun is that someone always strips it of all its fun for the sake of their "rp". Its not rp if all you are doing is ruining the fun for everyone else and its especially not rp if the reason you are doing it is so your character doesnt have to deal with a bunch of tells of people yelling at them because your city followed the commands given to them by the divine. We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for wveryone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.

God damn it Nyxx, stop stealing my disagree thunder. Pretty sure you just surpassed me in record on this one.
  • Nyxx said:
    As for you @Shaddus was it not you who was recently complaining abouy people in the serenwilde council doing things you dont want them to do because leaders are elected to be representatives of what the people of their guild want (not to just go about and do whatever THEY want) and how you want a way to remove guild leaders from the council because they "arent your representatives". So what? Does that only apply when it's happening to you? Thats a bit hypocritical.
    You're thinking of @Saran.

• Ah Ashtorath, how you make my days so enjoyable sometimes. :*
  • Vivet said:
    @Nyxx Considering this more or less came out of left field from a player suggestion, I feel like this is actually a bit more open-ended than you are interpreting it.

I can see why Kira would be upset, though. A big, terrible death ray of her own design got built, and there is vehement opposition to it being used again. Kind of like getting to open a Christmas present early as a kid and then being told that you can't play with it after just getting to see what it can do.

Nah. Guardian never firing again is perfectly fine with me. Sure, part of me wants to fire it because I want to see what they've got planned, and because I think it'd be step one in tearing this illusionary world down. Sure, they'll discover some other mega-event to start ripping the world at it's seams, but that's not the problem.

For me, the problem is partially that people try to pull rank. Especially rank that they don't have. The other part is that the opposition does not play out as good RP. It's less about organizing a resistance and more like digging your heels into the ground and saying "nu uh" over and over and over and over and...

Yeah no. I'm on vacation.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • One thing I'm surprised about is how the dreamworld theory has been so widely embraced.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    Gosh. Seriously? Look, people are entitled to play the game however they want, which includes how they react to events. If they want to opt out, pull rank, make threats, throw their weight around, or be stubborn, these are all entirely valid approaches. My character pulls rank, even pulls rank when she doesn't have it (ability to kill you is a rank, IJS), when gods like this try to impose their will on her, she just digs in her heels and is stubborn. I'm super interested in hearing an explanation about how my RP is not valid.

It appears, based on the posts, that the biggest issue some of you are having is that you do not approve of these approaches. You're also entitled to that. You're also entitled to rage qq until the event is over for not getting your way, either with the event or with how people respond to you.

What you aren't entitled to do is continually make up reasons why another person's approach is not valid. Especially if you don't even know how the game works. Hallifax cannot kick you out during elections. There are rules and coding limitations in place. If you're opinion is as obviously right as you think it is, you'll win. 

FYI: The idea that it's "rude" to the admin to disrupt events like this is ridiculous. I can guarantee you the admin knew, literally factually knew, that players would riot against new gods like this. 
  • Eodh said:
    One thing I'm surprised about is how the dreamworld theory has been so widely embraced.

Right? Be hilarious if Esty popped up and said "This aint no dream".
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why are you surprised? It is not even like one person thought of it and everyone else said, "Oh, that must be it". I know it is the first thing that came to mind for me, others I have spoken to since had spontaneously come up with it on their own, etc. It is the most obvious answer given that the Big Baddy this year has to do with the Dreaming.
  • Arcanis said:
    Nyxx said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Well. I'm done with this event. Thank you Hallifax. You always know how to drag the fun and enjoyment out of everything.

Agreed. The sad part about events like this that start out being really awesome and fun is that someone always strips it of all its fun for the sake of their "rp". Its not rp if all you are doing is ruining the fun for everyone else and its especially not rp if the reason you are doing it is so your character doesnt have to deal with a bunch of tells of people yelling at them because your city followed the commands given to them by the divine. We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for wveryone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.

God damn it Nyxx, stop stealing my disagree thunder. Pretty sure you just surpassed me in record on this one.

Lmao well Arcanis you cant ALWAYS be the one everyone has a hate-on for! Gotta shake it up every now and then. ;-) also im not very good with words/debates. Kira explained it more efficiently than I could. I have the same problem she does and its annoying and frustrating no matter who agrees with it or not. @Eodh ah! Sorry my bad! You're right i was thinking Saran not shaddus.
  • You all did give me an idea though as to how to handle this better ICly though so thanks for that. ;-) ₩
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or, simple solution. Claim mind control Sovereign style from mass effect when it's all said and done, poof, reeducation rp in Halifax and I imagine getting your ranks back.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited December 2015
    I really really hope that 'ruining an event' isn't bound to following a command of a random higher being to the letter. I have little experience how lusternia's events are generally run, but I think the more diverse and interesting the interaction between the different views of the characters is the better. I totally would be freaked out IC if all of Celest would fall in line behind Aelish, but I would be equally suspicious if everybody openly opposed them. Also, you can oppose someone, work against each other, plot and whatnot and the whole thing can still be fun OOCly. Just depends on how you do it, in my book. There's quite a range of characters and not everyone will be all hail the new order, while others will feel the chance and be like 'woah, this is when things finally get set right' and love the chance.

For me, this has been the most fun in lusternia in the last month or so, so I'd say they are doing an excellent job.

edit: missing words
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited December 2015
    Arix is really old, if I want to make him super skeptical I'm going to, and if people don't like that they can just go do their own thing and not get involved in my RP
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Quick reminder, though, Divine/Admins will never give you an option to do something without a plan for both consequences. Quick example: in getting my Voice back recently, I could have put on the bracelet at any time and ruined their entire shtick. In giving us free will over the choices our characters make, Divine realise that they have to have multiple plans of action. 

They're DM'ing. Of course they have multiple storylines. Just roll a nat 20 on seducing Aelish and we'll be kosher.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Aeldra said:
    I really really hope that 'ruining an event' isn't bound to following a command of a random higher being to the letter. I have little experience how lusternia's events are generally run, but I think the more diverse and interesting the interaction between the different views of the characters is the better. I totally would be freaked out IC if all of Celest would fall in line behind Aelish, but I would be equally suspicious if everybody openly opposed them. Also, you can oppose someone, work against each other, plot and whatnot and the whole thing can still be fun OOCly. Just depends on how you do it, in my book. There's quite a range of characters and not everyone will be all hail the new order, while others will feel the chance and be like 'woah, this is when things finally get set right' and love the chance.

For me, this has been the most fun in lusternia in the last month or so, so I'd say they are doing an excellent job.

edit: missing words

Nah that isnt the part that ruins the fun of the event. The part that ruins the fun is the power trips and people going "if you do what they say we'll kick you out of hallifax without a second thought!" And other people going "we should just kick em out for even ejtertaining the idea of following the commands of our new divine!" That is the part that ruins it all. Especially given the high chance that none of this is actually happening and we are in a dreamworld which some of them have already all but confirmed.
  • "You dont play nice with us andfollow the rp of what we wanna do in hallifax and we'll make sure you arebt a part of hallifax anymore" that is NOT fun, especially when half the city agrees that we should be following the divines command (its more than just Kira and I) and your board of directors and other people not even on the board anymore going nahhh too bad we're gunna do what we want regardless of what half the city says they want and just kick em out if they dnt like it. THAT ruins the fun.
This discussion has been closed.