Mafia Signup Thread!

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
edited October 2015 in Mafia Hideout
I'm starting this thread so we can monitor who wants to run a mafia game. So far, a handful of people have mentioned wanting to host one, but all I can remember is celina. Post here if you're wanting to hold one and we'll go down the list.

1. CELINA: DRAG QUEENS.
2. SHADDUS: FANTASY GAME PROTAGONISTS. (this will be a wide range of characters from different fantasy games and perhaps books.)
3. TREMULA: POKÉMON
4. SYLANDRA: SOMETHING SOMETHING HISTORICAL WITH GRATUITOUS PLOTTING

999. KIRADAWEA
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tremula, and a pokemon themed game. (Trainers v Team Rocket)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited October 2015
    I've got an idea for a gods and monsters themed mafia, buuuut I've already got one game running, so put me up at the very end.

Also, a Steven Universe one. <.<
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Sylandra said:
    I would super duper love to do a Reign-themed Mafia game (Mary Queen of Scots! The French! The British! Deliciously self-absorbed monarchies!). Played a bit closer to history than the actual show, but only a bit.

I'm up for this.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    WOO DRAG QUEENS. 

RuPauls Drag Race All Stars Season 2: Let's get Lusternian
  • Shouldn't you be writing papers?
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited December 2015
    Ieptix said:
    Shouldn't you be writing papers working?
    FTFY *runs for cover before he gets zapped into oblivion*
    (EDIT: Yes, I know the former could be considered working too. :P )

(I'll be happy to run one, possibly something Rival Schools (an old but popular capcom game) or capcom crossover related.)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hoaracle said:
    Please, please, please let me host a mafia game. I have two themes running (since they are on my binge list as I write these final papers): Gossip Girl and Project Runway. I would be the happiest admin ever!
    I was expecting a Nat Geo Wild mafia game.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Hoaracle said:
    Please, please, please let me host a mafia game. I have two themes running (since they are on my binge list as I write these final papers): Gossip Girl and Project Runway. I would be the happiest admin ever!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes to Gossip Girl plz.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My game will be ready after Christmas. Sorry it's taking so long, but I was unprepared and working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week right now.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    If you want, Shaddus, I can try to finish up preparations for my Mafia game so that you have more time for yours (and less stress around the holidays, yikes). I'm on winter break so I can make time. I think I speak for everyone though when I say that RL > Mafia. Don't let us stress you out! :x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I've got my Gods and Monsters mafia game setup.

Also a Touhou mafia.

Also a Steven Universe mafia.

... I like making mafia game setups.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Mine is like 60% done. XD I have the roles mapped and half of them are written out in full. It's oddly really fun, I can see why you'd have a full collection of setups on hand!
    Daraius said:
  • It really is. Mapping roles to characters, balancing powers with fun, ensuring positive choice...

I also like to experiment. So some setups include changing death to stumping (which is essentially the secondary power of Pollux from my last mafia), to having several third-party victory conditions, to tuning powers to items, and making items trade and steal-able.

I also really enjoy seeing what other people come up with, even if it means everyone and their mother has some sort of death immunity. :D
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2015
    I would join a Steven Universe mafia! EDIT: Actually, probably not, but I would enjoy reading one!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I still have my reverse-mafia setup somewhere... Wonder how viable that would be.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    So I'll run a Mafia game as well, and I wanted to do a Historical one as well, but you should space mine away from Sylandra. I was thinking maybe even a Manhattan Project themed Mafia game.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Hoaracle said:
    Please, please, please run a gossip girl mafia game!
  • That seems potentially easy enough to code...

So next addition to Lusternia "ReVengence: This time its Political"?
  • aww shucks
    @Silvanus since we are both doing such radically different eras of history (mine is set during the Tudors era of European history, but focused on House Valois in King Henry II's France), being close to one another would probably be okay actually! :)
    Daraius said:
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    Tudors will be fun only if it's modeled after the TV show and only if someone is Henry Cavill. UNNNNNFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

edit: His secret power can be ripping his shirt off. 

edit2: Can we have a gay tudors? All his wives have to discover his gay lovers. Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Henry Cavill makeout scene. MAKE IT HAPPEN. *fan self*
    I mean I would be down for a Tudors show Mafia. I'm a fan of Anne Boleyn realness.
    Daraius said:
  • So... is someone gonna start up a mafia game soon? Cause if not, I'm gonna just go ahead and start my own. #Mafiawithdrawal
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, guys. I've been absolutely slacking on mine. If someone wants to go down the list and skip me for now, feel free.
  • @Tremula or @Sylandra are either of you ready to begin? You're the ones before me in the mafia line.