Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I need either a telepathy or a pyrochemancy report to submit. I need idea. I have no ideas. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016
    Gabriella said:
    So, I JUST realized (Thanks to @Daraius 's essence counter script THANKS) that the strength of your hit gives you moar essence.  I always thought it was just how big the enemy was, and that the harder the hit, the faster the enemy dropped.  But no, it's the dropping thing, AND it gives the higher output.  I feel both like an idiot and ecstatic that I made the connection.

EDIT: Please correct me if I'm wrong here!
    What is probably happening is you are killing another mob with beast battle via damage shift, but it is not registering/counting the essence from this since you only put the essence capture command in your attack alias and not your beast battle alias (assuming they are separate). Doing so will remedy the issue.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yeah, hitting a mob harder does not give more experience or people with high crit rates would get a significant boost on top of killing faster. Just does not make sense, and is more difficult to code to boot.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Celina said:
    I need either a telepathy or a pyrochemancy report to submit. I need idea. I have no ideas. 
    Want a couple of random pointless ideas for telepathy I just came up with?

Omnilinguist*
    Syntax: PSI <channel> OMNILINGUIST <language>
    Channels: Substratus, Id, Superstratus
    Locks a channel, lets you understand a specific language while channel is locked.

Imprint
    Syntax: PSI <channel> IMPRINT <beast>
    BEAST SUMMON <beast>
    BEAST DISMISS <beast>
    Channel: Id
    You can permanently put a psychic imprint on a single beast you own. You can summon it directly from the stables, or send it back to the stables from anywhere. If you have Stablemaster in Beastmastery, the imprinted beast will be summoned much more quickly

Algopath
    You will regain aethercraft grid balance slightly faster.

• Um boo, make skill OP please
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Gabriella I'm chuffed to hear my little script is in use! Lord knows my kata/beast attack/weapon switching scripts are a hot but effective mess, so there's a distinct possibility I've made little additions and tweaks in my essence tracker to account for beast attacks as well. Just neglected to post it, I guess. :\">
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Passive shackles with night choke, in one skill
    *died in it
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Nothing more humiliating than being forced to choke yourself by Narsrim and then dying to it + song passives + bard stuff. Easily top 10 most humiliating deaths in my career.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    What if...we didn't really wake up?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce's close to tears, you have no idea.
  • browse author Portius

******************************[ Matching Titles ]******************************

Book Type Access Author Title

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9010 SCH Public* Portius On the Repulsion of Slivven

9934 SCH Public*** Portius On Induced Hive Behavior

10163 SCH Public** Portius On The Harmonic Modification of Fun

10245 SCH Public** Portius On the Scientific Beauties

10327 SCH Public** Portius The Aesthete's Virtues

10372 SCH Public** Portius On the Growth of Mushrooms on Assor

10489 LIT Public*** Portius Portian Fables

10812 LIT Public*** Portius The Virtuous Exile

10871 SCH Public*** Portius On The Selective Breeding of Pigeon

10876 SCH Public*** Portius On the Symbolic Theory of Ikons

11281 SCH Public** Portius On Proper Behaviour

11562 SCH Public* Portius The Speeches of Nedloh Cloudsong

11568 SCH Public*** Portius The Life of Ilesa Windwhisper

11574 LIT Public*** Portius Jekkex

11580 LIT Public*** Portius Portian Fables, Volume Two

*******************************************************************************

*Published

**Prestige *[*]Prestige (In Review)

***Prestige Winner

To continue browsing, enter BROWSE AUTHOR PORTIUS 11581

Well that's no good.

browse title kea

******************************[ Matching Titles ]******************************

Book Type Access Author Title

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5498 SCH Public* Lawliet Rockeater Physiology

9297 SCH Public** Lawliet Rockeater Physiology

14028 LIT Public** Portius I, Kea

*******************************************************************************

library checkout 14028 I, Kea

"book175898" a black porcelain book etched with blasphemies

Well played sir.

• Silly forest barbarians, did you really think getting rid of the Brand would be that simple.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/21e449772dea8b87d44118f3bc3389c7/tumblr_inline_nfnsl58EnF1r9jjmb.gif
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So, after roughly 4 hours trying to wrap my head around moondancer combat, I realize I just got no clue at all how combat works and that being Tahtetso before was just a really easy way to go about things.

So now am realizing, I have no idea how to stack an affliction, how to even cause afflictions with the new class. I'll be support for a while. Doesn't help I have to hog someone elses time to test if I got something that's worth keeping. People have tried to help, but I feel I'm just still a lot beyond even the basics :(

Still love :x the class a lot, it's flair and RP though, just... yeah. I need to learn more and a lot and not sure where to leech the knowledge from without hogging people's time over and over again :((
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aeldra said:
    So, after roughly 4 hours trying to wrap my head around moondancer combat, I realize I just got no clue at all how combat works and that being Tahtetso before was just a really easy way to go about things.

So now am realizing, I have no idea how to stack an affliction, how to even cause afflictions with the new class. I'll be support for a while. Doesn't help I have to hog someone elses time to test if I got something that's worth keeping. People have tried to help, but I feel I'm just still a lot beyond even the basics :(

Still love :x the class a lot, it's flair and RP though, just... yeah. I need to learn more and a lot and not sure where to leech the knowledge from without hogging people's time over and over again :((
    Why didn't you just go Shofangi? :P
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Shaddus because moondancer really appealed to me and am generally glad I made that choice. Besides, not knowing something is no excuse not attempting to learn ;-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    That moment when you activate a dormant tradeskill for the first time in an eon and forget to wield your powerstone and completely drain your own reserves. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    That moment when you activate a dormant tradeskill for the first time in an eon and forget to wield your powerstone and completely drain your own reserves. :(
    Try CONFIG POWERSTONES ON. It's an amazing option, and it keeps you from accidentally draining your reserves on anything that can be done with a powerstone.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
    Aeldra said:

Probably because Tahtetso is not real combat. It's basically the easiest guild to learn in the game.

Moondancer combat is pretty linear. Just repeat these steps over and over.

Step 1) Enemy PERSON

Step 21) Leave the room after your pooka has control and make them come to you, they must have balance/eq for this to work.

Step 3) Spam this all in one command:
    Order PERSON metawake off.
    Beast order breathe sleepcloud
    Doublewhammy PERSON with sleep sleep

Step 4 and 5) Aeon

Step 6) Succumb

Step 7) Reapply sleep as needed

It's really the only solo kill method for Moondancer. It's really old guild, and has never been updated so you have to rely on this to kill most people. You can try locks with aeon and hexes, but it's not as effective against modern systems. 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited January 2016
    Kurut said:
    Rancoura said:
    Try CONFIG POWERSTONES ON. It's an amazing option, and it keeps you from accidentally draining your reserves on anything that can be done with a powerstone.

...See, I so rarely use this skill that I forgot that option even existed. Thank you for reminding me and hopefully saving me from much embarrassing power-wasting in the future!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You don't need eq/bal to turn metawake off and you probably want to strip quicksilver before your sleep combo, but afaik, that's the MD strategy, yep. 
  • edited January 2016
    @Enyalida Doesn't beast sleep + two hex sleeps already strip insomnia, kafe, with the third actually hitting with sleep?

EDIT: Ahah, I read quicksilver as insomnia, weird. But @Celina did say Aeon was steps 4 and 5, I assume that means hitting aeon twice to stick it. :)

@Aeldra to expand on how stripping/sticking an affliction works, hopefully it helps with your transition to regular combat:

Remember Tahtetso, and how you have to strip rebounding around someone before going for an attack? It's the same with Moondancer, except you don't get a separate attack to strip a defense that prevents you from afflicting someone. 

Taking Moondancer sleep as an example, your first sleep attack (using the beast) strips insomnia, which is kind of like the rebounding aura for the sleep affliction specifically. Then, your next sleep attack (the first in the hex combo) is the one that actually puts your target to sleep, kind of how like in a Tahtetso combo, your first move would be to raze rebounding, then it's the next move that actually hits.

The sleep lock is, as previous posts have said, the bread and butter of Moondancer combat. You'll want to understand all its ins and outs, but I guess that should be taken beyond Tweets. :D

Wait, I thought they changed metawake to require on balance/eq to turn off. Or was it the reverse. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    it requires eq to turn on now, doesn't require it to turn off.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, you just don't want to chance them waking before you hit the second aeon, and you can do stuff like fling hexes for free and wane (also for free) a few seconds ahead of time to clear quicksilver for a better setup. That's the bones of it though. 

You need to have balance/eq to turn metawake on. 
    Oooooh. Man, I was doing that wrong. 
This discussion has been closed.