Accidental Curses? Cursings?

My character, Alary, ended up accidentally wearing a cursed apron. The way is was explained to me, the other person was trying to get a set-up to work and when they returned to the nexus it worked, on my character. There should be a way to remove accidental cursed items, because, really, this is going to set me back for a good month. Or, a way to let someone get robes repaired while stuck under something? Anything to fix this? Please?
Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You should be able to wear robes with an apron. Barring that, speak to your local org patron and ask them to relieve you of your terrible burden.

You should also remind Morshoth that him forcing you to wear clothing you don't like is against the One Law, and he needs to make sure he can get it off of you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I can't take my current ones off to repair....
    Also, hah! I just don't want to start trouble...
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • The only way to remove cursed items is the dessicate (I think that's how you spell it?) demigod power and my guess is that you're not a demigod.

You won't be able to remove your robes to mend them (unless you're a tailor yourself) and you won't be able to wear new robes with the apron on. So you're pretty much screwed until the apron decays.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• That's the way I hear it. Combat mage with no armor. Yay. Dumping a ton of lessons into influence so I can still train.
  • edited March 2013
    Sometimes, divine can be coaxed into helping mortals. Go poke Mysrai (not literally!)
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • They strongly dislike Alary I think. I'm going to talk to Aiyana, but there is not much hope there after Alary kind of offended Them.
  • Actually, perhaps if you found someone with shears (Tailoring artifact) you might be able to shear them off? I'm not entirely sure if you can use them without the skillset, but it's worth a try?

• That won't work. Just checked. Errrrrgggg.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    As mentioned... more than once... have @Morshoth contact @Mysrai about this situation. They shouldn't be against helping you when it's someone else's fault, eh?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I plan on pursuing the Lord-and-Lady option when I can find someone to contact Them.

Alary said:
    I plan on pursuing the Lord-and-Lady option when I can find someone to contact Them.
    Again... just have @Morshoth do it. Even if he's not in the order, he can still pray at shrines, leave messages and mail letters when needed. It's his fault, so it should be him that takes care of it. Why bother others? I could certainly pop on my Mysrai avatar character, but what good will that accomplish more than the person who caused the issue asking for help?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I don't think he's very willing. I was hoping to solve this by myself as much as possible. I'll talk to him next I see him. This whole thing is a damn mess that I'm starting to get annoyed with.
    edited March 2013
    If he's that not-willing, send me a tell if I'm on when he comes on and I'll log on my Gaudi and give him a piece of my mind.

EDIT: Wanting to solve it yourself is all fine and dandy, but if you do not wish to contact Mysrai, there's no point in bothering people who were not involved in the issue. He's the one that needs to take care of it, because he's the one that caused the problem.

EDIT2: Of course, there's always option B. Get to Demi, buy dessicate and get rid of the offending item.

• Lol forum rp. I'm sure Morshoth would have no problem doing it if you bring it to him IC.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    Have you still not tried to talk to Morshoth about it? I remember about...two or three days ago, you were told that would be best course of action. You also could have prayed to Mysrai yourself at any point, but instead you choose to take every opportunity to complain and not try to get anywhere with the solution.

As much as I hate to be harsh (okay, I'm lying), you were given the best advice on how to go about trying to get this fixed. Many times over.

And really, the whole 'I'll change characters and do such-and-such' is sort of tacky :/
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lavinya said:
    Metagaming at its best is deliberate changing of characters to deal with something. Or beseeching on the forums for IC action! The divine are less scary than you'd think, if you are polite enough.
    Definite agreement - a simple apology can go a long way as long as you are sincere about it - though I guess it can depend on the Divine in question.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The most amusing thing about this is how I knew it was Morshoth.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Everyone knows it was Morshoth, he never denied it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I talked to Morshoth, he gave me some solutions. I tried them, they didn't work. Thank you about the 12 in game months thing, that's exactly the answer I need. I just needed that bit of knowledge. So, look, my post got me the answer I wanted. I didn't WANT to bring it to the forums, it was just another solution posed to me. Problem solved.