Reign - The Mafia Game Sign-Up Thread - CLOSED

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited January 2016 in Mafia Hideout
*Aka, the something something historical with gratuitous plotting mafia, as it has been dubbed by @Shaddus.

Hello everyone! I'll be hosting the next Mafia game, loosely themed around the time period of the CW's show, "Reign," which centers on Mary, Queen of Scots, as well as her rivalry with Elizabeth Tudor of England. I'll be less focused on the show itself, and more on the spirit of it and the spirit of the history that it's based upon, so if you don't watch the show it shouldn't affect how you play really. But hopefully this will give it the flavor of courtly intrigue, political backstabbing, and the delicious drama that makes mafia oh so very fun.

(History buffs be warned that the contents will have a dash of soapiness, and more focus on flavor than on historical accuracy.)

If you're interested in signing up, please post below!

Current players: (FULL)
1) Synkarin
2) Ushaara
3) Ssaliss
4) Celina
5) Silvanus
6) Allyrianne
7) Othero
8) Lavinya
9) Luce
10) Shaddus
11) Kiradawea
12) Chirbo
13) Falmiis
14) Yarith
15) Tekora
16) Vivet
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    oh oh, me me please

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    "Off with her head!"

(I'll play)
  • I'm in!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Suuuuure

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hell yeah! Gotta change history and not let Bloody Elizabeth take the throne! For Spain and the Duke of Parma!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited January 2016
    Me, s'il te plaît
  • Oh oh could I join?
  • (not joining)

Lord Walsingham owns. Gefforey Rush owns.

Best character intro:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Court intrigue and backstabbing and plotting and decorous public behaviour? OH YES.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We are pleased by this contest, and we wish to enter our name. We wish our opponents luck.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sign me up!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If there's a free spot at the court, put me in, though only if there's a free spot. I've been in two games already. If there isn't... I suppose I'll just remain an advisor from the sidelines.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm actually hoping for a big game, so I'd like to ideally accept everyone interested. I have 16 roles atm but have a few stray extra ideas if needed!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hope you brought plenty of killing roles then. OwO

I think @Yarith and @Falmiis at least also wanted to join? May be wrong, but shouldn't be that hard to get 16 players.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Can I play :I I'm probably going to be bad but I wan play
  • I'll join :>
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Hi
  • Guess it's time for me to come out of retirement.

We're winding near the end, folks! Sign up soon or hold your peace!
    Daraius said:
  • How is Reign compared to Tudors. I got bored of the Tudors 3/4 through the first season because while the acting was mostly good and the sets/costumes fantastic, the plot didn't move along fast enough. It seemed more interested in shots of gorgeous naked women than intrigue and plot. And I really really hate to say it but without enough story, HBO style softcore really can't carry a series on its own.
    edited January 2016
    From what little I know of you, Kaalak, you would hate it. They take no stock in historical accuracy 99% of the time; it's just soap opera fun. If you like CW shows like Gossip Girl, you might enjoy it, but it's basically historical fanfiction.

Edit: this is one reason I'm not 100% relying on the show as a guideline for the mafia game, nor purely history either. Blend of the two really.
    Daraius said:
  • Thank you!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016
    Wow, look at everyone who signed up while I was at work.

Good you intended for a lot of roles. I'm in.

All right, that's 16 roles filled! Probably best we stop here just in case it gets unwieldy. I'll be setting up the starting roles and preparing tonight. Fingers crossed I can send out role PMs tonight as well. (Heads up: this is my first time hosting and no promises the game will be balanced perfectly. I'm just running on pure excitement here. :D )

Mafia sign-up is officially CLOSED. If anyone else wants to sign up for the waiting list in case we lose anyone, please post here expressing your interest for the wait list!
    Daraius said:
    Also advance warning: Mary was a common name in this era of history. But Mary Tudor (aka Bloody Mary) and Mary Stewart (aka Queen of Scots) are different people. I'll do my best to keep things like that easy to differentiate and to follow, but let me know if you have any questions with the upcoming flavor text!
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I've never done a mafia set up before either nor reviewed any other real setups, but I set mine up for 12 players.

When eventually I get to hosting, would someone be kind enough to review the roles/powers to make suggestions, if they are not playing?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Okay, sending out role PMs now! Standby. Thread opening shortly after the PM sending is complete.
    Daraius said:
  • Silvanus said:
    I've never done a mafia set up before either nor reviewed any other real setups, but I set mine up for 12 players.

When eventually I get to hosting, would someone be kind enough to review the roles/powers to make suggestions, if they are not playing?
    I'll be happy to give you a hand with that.