The Nekotai and Glomdoring

Hey there! So, I haven't played in an age and I'd like to try my hand at making a new character. I've always been tempted to delve into Glom and see if it's for me, and from what little I know of them the Nekotai seem pretty interesting. So! Basically my question is, how's the population/RP/general state of things for both Glom and the Nekotai lately? Also I'm going to guess that Shikari's still inactive?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Glomdoring is pretty quiet whenever I've been around, but I'm here off-peak. Am told there are quite a few around at other times.

• Below numbers are based off my personal observations.

Glom average at around normal Lusternian peak time (4pm PST onwards) = ~7 to 12 online.
    Glom average at around normal Lusternian off-peak time (1am PST onwards) = ~1 to 2 online.

Nekotai have around 5 active players or so, but you'll rarely see all at the same time. Most likely you'll see 1 or 2 online at any one time. During off-peaks, no one else being online except yourself is quite common.

RP-wise, I personally like the atmosphere, because it is always amusing and fun to watch the players in the org and their shenanigans. Shared with a couple of the other orgs, there's also the recurring theme of zealous loyalty to a higher power, and also shared with a couple of the other orgs, trickery and self-blinding superiority are also fairly artfully enabled. I think there's a lot of potential for the making of very bi-polar characters in Glom, though few have taken it to extremes. Quite a few choose one of the many aspects and run with it, as is common with many other orgs.

It all sounds very vague, yes, but I figured going into detail about NMBG isn't going to be very helpful to your understanding anyway. 

• Hm. I suppose I should mention that I'm in the GMT timezone, which I imagine is, as with most games, off-peak for Lusternia. While I'm fine with small numbers, only having one or two other people to interact with is a bit, ah. Lacking. Do most of the cities suffer from such low numbers?

Google informs me that NMBG = Nothing Matters But Glomdoring. Cute. And if you like, you can get into as much detail as you're willing to go into.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    During "off-peak" hours, most orgs and guilds are much emptier, I'm afraid. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun with the people who are around!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Despite my recent departure, i still think Neko is a fun guild and pretty fleshed out. Best way to find out if you'll like it is to try.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Are Tau and Janalon still running that show? Those two were pretty awesome... 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Jan hasn't been around in like at least a year. I actually have her wyvern since keeping it alive is apparently a rite of passage for Neko GAs. Tau is still around, still GM.