Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fine, those of us who are noble, and who are not power-hungry traitors, have an obligation to do what we can to see this debacle finished as quickly as we can. After all, at least two of our number are scheduled for nuptials some time soon, and all of us have affairs that must be managed. 

What you call 'nice and helpful' I call 'regal and practical'. However, if you feel I don't have the stomach to act when the time comes you are sorely mistaken.
  • Day one lynching? This can't be the French way! The only people who could possibly know who is not true to the French are those who are not French!
    Protect the baguette, refine the wine .. uh.. reef the roast beef!
    Vote Nobody

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I have not played in a while but I always thought a no-lynch on day 1 was a bad idea. It just means no one talks on day 1 and then we end up on day 2 with a noble person dead.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Othero drank all the wine?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Sounds like he did

I don't like random lynches just 'because'

But Tekora seems a little bloodthirsty, it's rather inelegant and drab honestly.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Othero reminds me of Othello, who was the "Moor of Venice". French in neither origin nor nationality. Just saying.
  • Day starts are terribly dull, I like shaking things up and seeing what falls out. And in this case, Yarith did.

Unvote

Vote Yarith

I'll always support a lynch on someone who pushes for no lynch on a day start. Let's see where this goes.
    Doigt de suspicion: Othero
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Othero said:
    I am finally here! After drinking all the wine I kept to myself.
    Celui qui boit le vin doit nous chercher plus, Othero.

(It's been 20 years since I took french. Yay google translate)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Wait, did Luce just use a power? Why did he bold a random sentence?
    That was me, and no. It's french for finger of suspicion, I think.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2016
    If it is any consolation, Reign the TV show makes no attempt to sound French, have French accents, or do anything remotely French-like except say Fronce in a British accent. So you're just embracing the spirit of the show really.

And confirming that Shaddus did not use a power. 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • My seems I am a bit late to the hubbub.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Falmiis said:
    Othero reminds me of Othello, who was the "Moor of Venice". French in neither origin nor nationality. Just saying.
    And! We just lost our territories in Italy. Double suspicion!

I usually have no problem voting no lynch on day one, but it seems like a waste of the day when there isn't some discussion. I mean, in two pages, we've already seen someone flip flop their vote.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:
    Othero reminds me of Othello, who was the "Moor of Venice". French in neither origin nor nationality. Just saying.

I usually have no problem voting no lynch on day one, but it seems like a waste of the day when there isn't some discussion. I mean, in two pages, we've already seen someone flip flop their vote.

I'm a fan of techniques others might consider untraditional. Perhaps you'd like me to teach you? 
  • Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:

This is the best reason to be suspicious of me, Othello is easily my favorite Shakespeare. 
    Tekora said:
    Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:

I'm a fan of techniques others might consider untraditional. Perhaps you'd like me to teach you? 
    Oh yes wise and all powerful great one! Why don't you teach us plebeians how to play the game of thrones.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Tekora said:
    Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:

Oh yes wise and all powerful great one! Why don't you teach us plebeians how to play the game of thrones.

Ugh. Sarcasm is so unattractive.
    And you think narcissistic asshole is much better?

Or that your opinion of attraction matters?
  • I want a lesson from Tek :>
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Drunken mafia is porobably not best idea, but I'm good with Vote: Nobody for now, and progressing things along. Day one is the worst.

(also wierdly self-conscious about anti-Protestant sentiment given sectarian Irish history, but just imagine a rawr English sentiment here )
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Pretty sure Yarith is just thinking like this is Vengance in Lusternia, and not considering the differences that the forums entail.

In Vengeance, we might not know who is what role, but we know what roles with powers exist and are not yet dead. This adds an extra aspect to the meta that we can't enjoy here. We don't know, with certainty, if anyone can protect, investigate, watch, etc., unless folks start role claiming. Chances are we don't want role claims on day one.

Discussion is good, though! And so is learning and reflecting.

• I'm going to go ahead and try to get this day over, nothing pushes me to suspect anyone so far.

VOTE: None
  • Why are you pushing for the day to end? Day is Town's opportunity to learn things. Sylandra gave us a week's limit, we're nowhere near that, and for one am enjoying myself just fine.

Come hither, Falmiis~ :-c
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This is a Dauphin's cellar. I doubt he drank all of the wine.

To address the point at hand: I generally prefer games with a night 0 specifically to avoid first days being so irreconcilably dull. The first night is where information is born. Granted, we are learning who among us are quick for blood and who are more cautious for one reason or another. We've little in the way of a convincing theory and even less solid information, so I am wary of committing to a plan of action just yet.

And yes, that includes ending the day bloodless.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    1) drunk mafia is the best idea. 2) I cannot handle another day 0 game theory you have to play my way debate. I cannot.
    Celina said:
    1) drunk mafia is the best idea. 2) I cannot handle another day 0 game theory you have to play my way debate. I cannot.
    Obviously then we must vote Celina because going in blind lynching people without any discussion is the best idea!

I do enjoy long drawn out day ones, some people do get antsy and will reveal their hand sooner than later. I also did have the same strategy as Tekora in the last game because I had a lynch immunity, and knew I could get away with being an asshole to push an agenda and/or push the days forward.

I have no suspicion of Tekora, I just think some of the rhetoric can be toned down.

Also, I approve of drunk Mafia. It was one of the highlight games of the Bloodfaire actually (shameless plug!).
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Celina said:
    I think we're kind of stuck with it, unfortunately. Theory is a lot more comfortable than sudden directives, then the natural degradation is "My theory is better!" "No, my theory is better!".
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count Update:

None - Yarith, Ushaara, Chirbo (3)
    Yarith - Tekora (1)

It currently takes the vote of 9 nobles to sentence and execute a member of the French court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."