Yarou embarks on a New Path

edited January 2016 in Event Scrolls
A lilting, smoky voice whispers in your ear alone, "You spend a lot of time praying at My shrine for someone claiming to be irreverent, Yarou."

Eyes widening in disbelief, you whisper, "Lady Drocilla?"

A luxurious, exotic scent wraps about you like a shawl, the warmth encouraging as whispers of approval eddie by your ear.

Yarou's eyes well with tears, an overwhelming sense of relief sweeping over her.

You say, "I .. I didn't think you heard me."

A lilting, smoky voice whispers in your ear alone, "Magnagora is under My aegis, all who walk its ancient streets are under My domain and I hear all."

You whisper, "I felt so alone. I was beginning to give up hope .. to give up belief in the Gods at all. Everything seemed so pointless."

You slump down dejectedly.

A lilting, smoky voice whispers in your ear alone, "Come, Violist, the rustic charm of the Grey Moors holds no sway over Me as an adequate place for sophisticated conversation."

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing beyond.

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.
---------- -2:0:-2 ----------
The Fulcrux of Drocilla.
A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. In the far wall of the alcove rests an immense dais of pure black marble, upon which rests a roiling, undulating portal into effulgent emptiness. A large, circular portal of molten gold swells in smooth waves that ripple out from its centre. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A pure gold flute has been dropped here. In danger of being crushed, a lapis vial is on the ground here. The smell of spicy gingerbread fills the air around the cup cake left sitting here. Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here. Drocilla, the Enchantress dominates Her surroundings with regal poise, impossibly radiant and beautiful.
You see exits leading through a mysterious portal and through a vibrating Divine portal.

You curtsey gracefully before Drocilla.

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence
Impossibly radiant and beautiful, Drocilla stands in the midst of the antechamber, effulgent eyes turned towards the arched windows where shadows lurk.

Yarou humbly bows her head, tremors gripping her petite frame.

Softly, Her voice a lilting melody, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Magnagora is the crucible of culture, the first of its kind in the long history of the First World, yet it has fallen into such disrepair and loss of standard, it is little surprise you felt abandoned and helpless."

Drocilla glides across the antechamber in graceful steps, black gown trailing behind Her on the tiled slate floor. She climbs the marble steps of the mastershrine and rests upon them, much like upon a throne.

Yarou lifts her head, nodding in agreement. Hastily she wipes at her tear-stained cheeks before replying. "The only reason I returned to it is because of my family. They're all that keeps me in Magnagora, as sad as it sounds. The city seems to be a shell of its former self .. a part of me, however, still hopes for restoration," she finishes softly, a wry smile contorting her lips briefly.

Yarou approaches the master shrine's steps -- hesitantly at first, but then with more confidence, as she finds comfort in the intimacy of the fulcrux's chambers. She kneels at the shrine's base, much like a child gathered near for a bedtime story.

Assenting the point with a vague gesture, Her sapphire cuff catching the light with the movement, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "It is as it ought to be, least in that regard. You are n'Lochli, are you not, My darling?"

A stirring breeze caresses your exposed skin, sending shivers through your body.

Yarou trembles anew at the endearment, though the blush that follows suggests it is out of pleasure rather than fear. "Aye, I am. Being adopted by n'Lochli has likely had the biggest influence in my growth so far, more so than anything else. And yet I cannot help but feel like still, something is missing. I just don't know what."

The lines of a deep frown mar Yarou's forehead.

Drocilla reclines leisurely to the side and tilts Her head to rest the cheek upon Her hand. The near-incandescent smoke of the censers on each side wafts upon the air, swathing Her in a fragrant shroud from which only Her effulgent eyes gleam in the darkness.

In a darkly seductive croon, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "What is it that you seek? What is it that you wish to accomplish?"

You furrow your brow in thought.

You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

Accenting the last of it, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "What is it that you... live for?"

Yarou suddenly blanches, the blood draining from her delicate features as she realizes the horrible truth.

You whisper, "Nothing. I live for .. nothing."

Yarou swallows, her aureate gaze lifting to Yours as if imploring You to tell her it isn't true. "I .. I'm simply going through the motions."

The indigo smoke of the censers clears to reveal Drocilla's immaculate figure reclining in the dimly-lit nook of the dais. As She speaks, the tantalizing scent creeps upon you, slowly gaining in intensity until you can make out certain notes within it clearly: the oil used to upkeep your viola, the plethora of flowers that you wear with pride, the vivid scent of wood used in your craft, the varied scents of the ever-changing Theatre.

Opening your mouth wide, you gape in wonder at Drocilla.

Her voice echoing in your mind though you see Her ruby lips move, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "What is important?"

A stirring breeze caresses your exposed skin, sending shivers through your body.

You say to Drocilla, "My family. My guild. And .. my friends, I guess, but I haven't felt their presence much lately, to be frank. They're all busy getting married, it seems."

The persistence of the shadows shifting beyond the ornate windows intensifies as they clamour eerily against the glass, their haunting wails barely audible across the barrier.

Yarou smiles bitterly.

With a dismissive gesture, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Marriage, not a goal unto itself. You are a woman of many means and talents, surely such things are the least of your concern?"

You say to Drocilla, "Oh, it isn't that that bothers me. It's just that the people who I once considered my friends no longer seem to think the same of me, too busy cavorting around with their to-be spouses. It's distasteful and .. well, it hurts. More than I ever dreamed it would. But .. I guess it really does sound trivial when you think about it in the grand scheme of things, huh?"

You say to Drocilla, "I discussed with my father, ur'Marshal Ilthilior, about possibly joining the Lord Legion's Divine order, but .. I'm doubtful He would find use for me, seeing as how I'm not inclined towards combat and the more physical arts."

Musingly, Her silken voice drawing out the syllables pleasantly, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Divine Orders do not restrict who may join them based on ability or inclination either, you ought to join the DisOrder if you desire it."

You say to Drocilla, "That's the thing, though. I'm not really sure what I desire. I simply know I'd rather commit myself to something that would be able to make the most of my abilities. Like, say, designing furniture. There's few things I'm good at, but that's one talent I can claim without hesitation."

Effulgent motes dancing in Her eyes, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "That is a well-reasoned line of thinking but ultimately such belief - to go where needed and useful, wherever that may be - will be you crutch and your potential will never be fully tapped."

Her eyes glazing over as She drifts off into memories, voice distant, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Had I done that, I would be ruling New Celest with an iron fist now, as their one and only Queen for they were ripe for the taking, needed guidance onto a true path desparetly due to their blinded, lost ways."

Yarou nods distractedly, a wistful expression crossing her face. "I think .. I think I'd be happy somewhere I was -wanted-. I suppose that's why family appeals to me so much." Her focus resharpens suddenly, Your words pulling her back to the present. "So how did You decide where to go?"

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.
Among the sparkling motes of light, a translucent figure appears in the air and then quickly solidifies as @Chirbo comes into view.

You raise an eyebrow at Chirbo.

Opening his mouth wide, Chirbo gapes in wonder.

Grand Monger Chirbo, Candy Man says to you, "I didn't think She was actually here!"

You say to Chirbo, "If you don't mind ..?"

With the smallest flick of Her finger, Drocilla sends Chirbo flying headlong into the depths of the Astral Plane.
Chirbo leaves to the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.

You beam broadly at Drocilla.

Drocilla inspects Her steel-taloned fingertips as She observes drily, "Such rudeness, yet I am in a merciful mood and he shall live."

You frown and say, "Aye, he ought to count it as a lesson. One shouldn't teleport to another without first asking."

Yarou curls her lip in distaste.

Drocilla's lips curve into a wicked ruby smile as Her lavender eyes find yours. "It is... such an easy thing to do, to go where one is needed or useful, but what of where one must be? What of where one belongs and the path before them?" She asks pointedly before answering the question, "New Celest is not Magnagora, its people, its history, its culture, and potential is not Magnagora. I could have toyed with New Celest, obedient loyal peons that they would be, quite entertaining to have the shards of the pious Meridian at My beck and call, however..."

Yarou finds herself nodding in agreement, wondering at Your impeccable reasoning. "I suppose I've never thought of it like that," she admits ruefully. "Perhaps .. perhaps because I never thought that my fate was predetermined by the Divine, much less that They had spent time on wheedling out a path for me."

Shaking Her head ever so slightly, Drocilla exhales softly, the colour of Her eyes deepening to a sultry lavender and a feeling almost like a troubled sadness lingers about Her as She finally offers, almost to Herself, in a soulful voice, "My path is as Mother Dynara laid it out for Me, it is My passion and My purpose. I must not stray from it for She imbued Her talents in Me and in Me is the path for salvation for the First World."

Yarou unconsciously commits the words to memory, her lips moving in silent recitation.

Her eyes traveling to yours, ponderously, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "My Evanescent know of My path, My plans for Everdusk and their role in it, but they speak little for it. It is knowledge for the initiated and proven."

Carried upon a gossamery indigo mist, a sweet, intoxicating fragrance wafts from the iron-wrought censers set throughout the antechamber.

Yarou tilts her head, a fresh frown blossoming. "The .. Everdusk?" she repeats in confusion.

The surface of the portal ripples as a figure encased within liquid gold emerges. As the gold recedes back into the portal, the form of Chirbo is revealed, his eyes shining in utter rapture.

Chirbo breaks apart a piece of coal and plucks a thick shard from the rubble. With a careful eye he ponders Drocilla for a moment before making deft sketches upon a thin sheet. Looking up from his work he glances at his model and nods in satisfaction.

Chirbo taps his fingers together and murmurs, "Excellent..."

Chirbo reaches out towards the portal and is suddenly engulfed by eager tendrils of gold that consume the victim in their viscous embrace.

Drocilla reaches into the ether and pulls out a sketch of Drocilla.

Unimpressed in the least, Drocilla raises a steel-taloned hand and snaps Her fingers with a metallic click. The churning mists that cling to Her every move utter a terrifying wail and stream away in twirling helixes towards Chirbo.
Chirbo has been slain by Drocilla.

Yarou laughs delightedly, mirth momentarily banishing her frown.
Drocilla flashes a wicked smile.

Drocilla raises from the dais unnaturally slowly and glides down the steps, stopping upon each on Her way down. "You need only ask, My darling," She purrs as She looms over you, "And you will become one of Mine."

With a majestic wave of Her arm, Drocilla opens up a rift in the aetherways, fluctuating oddly before it settles down into a vibrating Divine portal.
A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

With a majestic wave of Her arm, Drocilla opens up a rift in the aetherways, fluctuating oddly before it settles down into a vibrating Divine portal.
The thrumming around a vibrating Divine portal increases momentarily as Chirbo steps through it, emerging from the aetherways themselves.

Reality shifts uneasily as a lithe egregore soars in from the ether.

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

Her voice a lilting melody, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Such suspicion, this is no trap... this time."

Drocilla's lips curve into a wickedly dangerous smile.

Grand Monger Chirbo, Candy Man smiles and says, "I didn't think it was! I was just late getting my chubby self in motion."

Grand Monger Chirbo, Candy Man says, "So it's okay?"

With an impatient sigh, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Indeed, proceed, let us see what mortal artistry can achieve."

Chirbo holds a thumb up in Drocilla's direction and bites his tongue, getting Her best angle.

Chirbo breaks apart a piece of coal and plucks a thick shard from the rubble. With a careful eye he ponders Drocilla for a moment before making deft sketches upon a thin sheet. Looking up from his work he glances at his model and nods in satisfaction.

Chirbo nods his head sagely.

The strongest source of light in the fulcrux, Drocilla turns Her attention to you while Chirbo scuttles with the coal and parchment. Her smouldering eyes bear into you and Her voice rings in your mind, "You need ambition and passion, My darling."

Dripping water echoes enchantingly in the distance.

A lithe egregore with a coruscating halo of black stars's eyes go black, swimming with oily shadows. Cold pinpricks of light sparkle within her eyes as she stares forwards, unseeing.

With a dismissive gesture, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "Passable, for mortalcraft. You may leave."

Chirbo's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Grand Monger Chirbo, Candy Man says, "Be Merry!"

Grand Monger Chirbo, Candy Man whispers to you, "Be well, protege."

Chirbo spreads his arms wide, and the air between his hands begins to warp and twist, dancing with brilliant multicoloured light as he bores a hole through the fabric of the planes.

You tell Drocilla, the Enchantress, "I wish to become Yours, Lady Enchantress."

A swirling gateway of brilliant light pierces the air before Chirbo, boring a hole through the very fabric of the planes. Chirbo ascends confidently through the rotating gate, which shimmers and snaps shut behind him.
The air calms as a lithe egregore soars away to the ether.

Yarou's heart pounds, her mouth dry with anticipation. Nonetheless she remains kneeling, awaiting Your response.

Her voice a velvety murmur that reaches you through the dimly-lit antechamber, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "As you ought to be."

You beg of Drocilla, "Fulfill the ache that plagues me, Enchantress. Please."

Her golden hair wreathing Her head in a halo, Drocilla stands before you, Her very proximity overwhelming to the senses and sending your entire body tingling with anticipation. She speaks but the words reach you as if you were submerged till Her darkly seductive voice rings in your mind, "You are to be marked as one of Mine but not to pass the time, not just to be useful to a cause but to find yourself, to find your passion and drive, to realise your potential."

The persistence of the shadows shifting beyond the ornate windows intensifies as they clamour eerily against the glass, their haunting wails barely audible across the barrier.
Shadows dance across the rocky walls, perpetually avoiding the available light.

As if through a blurry dream Her voice reaches you, nothing beyond it having shape or meaning, "Idleness is sin upon Creation, passion is sacred. But passion with no direction is futile."

As if through a blurry dream Her voice reaches you, nothing beyond it having shape or meaning, "Apathy is sin upon Creation, ambition is sacred. But ambition with no indulgence is fatal."

Drocilla baptises you into The Evanescent of the Divine Order of Drocilla, the Enchantress.
Tears flow freely from your eyes as Drocilla, the Enchantress appoints you to the Impressionable.

You whisper, "Thank you, Enchantress."

Drocilla steps away, allowing your vision to clear, and smiles, the vitreous red of Her lips parted in wicked pleasure. She runs a steel-taloned fingertip down your cheek and turns away with a rustle of chiffon upon silk.

A dark and seductive voice murmurs in your ear enticingly as Drocilla dissipates into a velvety indigo mist, leaving in Her wake a sense of unrestrained longing.

This is the first roleplay log I've posted on the forums and although I like to think of myself as a seasoned roleplayer, @Drocilla caught me unawares and I got super nervous, so don't judge me, lol. Feedback is appreciated!

Comments

• I have a reaction GIF that sums up my thoughts on this pretty succinctly, but I can't seem to get it to work... Dangit.

At any rate, nicely done and congratulations!

• With a dismissive gesture, @Drocilla the Enchantress says, "Passable, for mortalcraft. You may leave."

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Poke Nikkakorra or Milune for an invite to the order artisan clan. It only has one design so far, and we got no other active artisans afaik, so you can prolly take trademaster.

I'm pretty sure that I got my high rank purely on my prolific order tattoo designs.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    *gasp* You broke rule #1 of logging a Drocilla encounter. Always get her look, because she has a full wardrobe that's always changing!

( I'm so happy you got in, poke me if you ever need help with order or designing things. I know my stuff, even if I'm an ickle Celesty ;) )
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."