Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:
    If I'm going to be lynching someone it'd be one of those who have jumped on this Tekora vote.
    That seems weird to be defending anyone in this stage.

He is the one that has mentioned bringing discussion and bringing the heat against someone. He is the one that has flip flopped his votes. And he is the one that has acted like an abrasive ass.

It seems odd that he attacked me on Page 2, called out using sarcasm. Uses sarcasm on page 4 to attack Synkarin, and you choose to defend him? Perhaps you have an agenda.
    Do you have a problem with me bringing discussion to the game? Of course I'm going to flip-flop my vote when the first one was completely random. I already explained my reasons for wanting Yarith lynched.

As for being abrasive; sorry, not sorry.

I have an agenda, and right now it's to find out whether there's an alternate win condition for scum we need to watch out for. Games this big very often have a Cult or other third-party group to worry about.

I'm abrasive, sure, but one thing I try not to be is obstinate, so I'm not going to come after you today, but rest assured Silvanus, tomorrow you're going to find out just how much heat I can bring against someone.

Unvote.

Vote: No Lynch.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Unvote

Vote: None

I'm willing to let things lie for now

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I believe that's 8 on no-lynch?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lo and behold, a vote count!:

Lavinya - Chirbo (1)

Tekora - Silvanus (1)

None - Yarith, Ushaara, Falmiis, Othero, Shaddus, Luce, Tekora, Synkarin (8)

In the kingdom of France, it currently takes the word of 9 nobles to sentence a member of the court to death.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm not defending anybody. I just don't agree with lynching somebody just because they're one of the only ones who want to get discussion going. I also find anyone who does hop on that vote to be much more suspicious than the one they're voting for because it tells me they don't want discussion.
    One more, lets end this day

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UNVOTE

VOTE NONE

Let's move it on lords and ladies
  • @Sylandra pls let me live in the night
    edited January 2016
    Current Vote Count Update:

Tekora - Silvanus (1)

None - Yarith, Ushaara, Falmiis, Othero, Shaddus, Luce, Tekora, Synkarin, Chirbo (9)

The lords and ladies of the French court have spoken!

The masked guests glance askance at one another in the dim light of the catacombs, some murmuring quiet doubts and fears while others raise their voice shrilly in accusation. Divisions in faith, state, and moral conduct glare in the daylight, which wanes slowly with each passing threat or remark. The banter rises in volume until at last a consensus is reached: there will be no blood spilled this first day. "How uncouth it would be. After all, we are French," one noblewoman murmurs, her fingers daintily trailing her neckline while another noble sneers, unconvinced, in her direction. And yet, though no one has died, an unease has spread among those who oh-so-recently had enjoyed drink and merriment in the masque above. How strange to think that in one day, one's friends have suddenly become enemies.

And yet in many ways, this court of the catacombs doesn't differ too greatly from the court of the true France above, does it?

Though the siege rallies above ground, down here in the darkness the group follows their guiding torchlight until the last flame has flickered out. Without it, there is no use exploring more of the catacombs until the next morning. Instead, each noble quietly takes to their own corner of the passageways, some fearfully looking behind them for fear of a traitorous shadow, and others curiously turning to see where their fellows have chosen to take rest. This dank dwelling is a far cry from the accommodations of the chateau above, but the French are nothing if not proud. The Lord shall protect their Catholic nation...or so they pray before they rest to sleep.

---

IT IS NIGHT ONE OF THE SIEGE
    KING HENRY II SITS ON THE THRONE OF FRANCE
    GOD SAVE THE KING!

---

You now have 48 hours to message me your night actions. The game will begin either when all messages are received, or when the time limit runs out.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Night powers in! Stand by.
    Daraius said:
    I can barely reign in my excitement

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2016
    As daylight pours in through the cracks of the catacombs, each sleepy noble rouses to their feet. Some possess darker bags under their eyes than others, tell-tale yawns indicating a night spent plotting and deliberating. Yet other than this, all is mysteriously as it was the day before. All sixteen nobles return to the court in decidedly good shape, but instead of relief at this occurrence, a look of suspicion lingers over all who meet this morning. What happened in the night? And what happy accident has spared everyone to meet another day?

IT IS DAY TWO OF THE SIEGE:

KING HENRY II SITS UPON THE THRONE OF FRANCE
    LONG MAY HE REIGN!

It currently takes 9 nobles to execute a member of the French court.
    Daraius said:
  • I, for one, had a very good night's sleep. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    No deaths? Mon Dieu!
  • A good night's sleep? With how uncomfortable it is down here and a siege to worry about? Hmph.

Hasn't this happened in both the previous games too?
    I must admit this was rather anti-climatic

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I must admit this was rather anti-climatic
    Why? Were you expecting something more dramatic to happen overnight? Bloody, perhaps?
    Well being this is Mafia - yes

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • So, show of hands, who got night-actioned on last night?

*raises hand*
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Curious and more curious. I'm at a loss for what we might speak of this day that we haven't already discussed. Any suggestions?
    Tekora said:
    So, show of hands, who got night-actioned on last night?

*raises hand*
    Not I. At least, not that I'm aware of.
  • Vivet said:
    Curious and more curious.
    Is it weird that I read this as "Curios and more curios" at first?
  • No one else going to help out? Fine then. How about this for a discussion starter?

I'm 99% certain I was jailed last night.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You were jailed and there was no kill in the night....are you trying to make yourself look guilty? There's obviously more than one reason why nothing noticable occurred but that's usually the simplest and thus most likely.

VOTE TEKORA

Because it is entirely plausible that being obvious is part of a reverse psychology strategy - "If she really was mafia, she would be more subtle, I think she's just zealous townie". But what if that's what she was counting on? I'm going to confuse myself if I go too deep with this but yeah. I'm not getting an innocent vibe right now.

• There's actually three explanations of what could have happened last night.

1. I got jailed, a Doctor protected whoever the scum targeted. Probably the least likely, but not impossible.

2. I got jailed, Mafia targeted me last night because I was vocal and they see the rest of you as quiet, passive and willing to continually vote No Lynch while they work. This is my current hypothesis.

3. I got jailed, no one died because I'm the only scum in the game with 16 players. 

I hope I'm not the only person who sees the lack of logic in scenario 3.

Honestly, with this big of a game, I would have expected two deaths last night. If there is no SK here, then we have to assume there's either a Cult or an Arsonist. Or both.
    How do you know you were jailed? Did you try to do something and were unable to? I feel like if you were attacked and protected by said jailing that'd be noticeable. 

Also, You've been really wishywashy in general, as Silvanus already pointed out. Said you wouldn't vote for no lynch day 0, voted for no lynch day 0. Still waiting to see the heat on Silvanus you promised.

Lavinya's reasoning isn't too farfetched. Reverse psychology at it's finest, if it's true.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Did we go the full 48 hours? It might be possible some people didn't get night actions in, too, and we just reached the deadline.

Your point 3 seems off, Tekora. Mafia would be pretty strong if an assassination could go through unless all of them were blocked. Or are you referring to multiple factions?

Thinking about it more, your 3rd reason is a bit silly. Of course your not the only scum in the game, but you may have been the only scum that acted to kill. Assuming 4 scum again, 25% that you would be the one that acted. Exaggerating your position a bit.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Jehenne, bring me some wine, but not from the glass in front of me. Or more seriously bacon and bread if it's to be had.

In the meantime, I stated yesterday that I wouldn't mind seeing pressure placed on Tekora. I'm not entirely convinced concerning other parties still, but a noblewoman must perforce bow to the will of her court when it begins to align with hers.

Therefore, I will Vote: Tekora until such time as I am convinced there is a better option. Let us see what this will teach us.
  • You want heat on Silvanus?

Vote: Silvanus

There you go, now onto more important matters. 

The reason I'm understating Scenario 3 is because I know it's not true and it's a distraction to what we should be focusing on. If someone wants to try substantiating it for some reason, let them bring up the evidence and do the foot work to prove it.

Instead, we should be focusing on what we can substantiate among the rest of us. The people who acted last night know who they are and who they targeted. I can personally substantiate that getting acted on during the night means that Sylandra sends you a very nice flavor message. And the fact that I'm alive today tells me personally that the jailer is a townie.