Lusternia Wiki

Our lovely wiki's software has seen a major update, allowing us to update and expand it so much more easily. We'll start with skill updates and everything the overhaul has touched upon. If you are a Chronicler already make sure to get in touch as I will be removing any inactive contributors. If you would like to become one, send me a forum message but bear in mind we have to sort some things out before letting more people in. 

This thread will serve as both news and requests. Let us know what you'd like to see updated/added the most!

Comments

• Putting basically everything from Xiels' wiki that's still up-to-date on it woudl be a great start, but I've never even used a wiki before so IDK how I'd go about doing that
  • We're using Mediawiki and let me tell you, I'd rather code a whole new area for the game than deal with it. It's pretty complex at first but there's plenty of still-active contributors who can help out. We'll get a page ready for new contributors about how to use the wiki sometime this month (still traveling laptopless so fairly incapacitated).

As for the info on Xiel's site, I'll need to see what sort of things we can include on our wiki considering it's an official one. Things such as detailed quest walkthroughs (he doesn't have them) or some things meant to be discovered IC can't make it into our wiki.

I'll keep you all posted. One of the things we're doing first is a review of our templates and making use of new functions made available with this update, and then updating skills to include those.
  • a auto matically updated design wiki.

every single design for every trade listed for the public and city cartels.

is this too much to ask?
    is dead like the dodo
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I have most of the beast info if someone wants - availability, innates. I don't have the new fire wyverns or dream phoenixes or Isune birdies, but I think I have all the others.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Send me the info and I'll get it up ASAP - probably Sunday my time unless another chronicler does it first.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited January 2016
    Xeria said:
    a auto matically updated design wiki.

every single design for every trade listed for the public and city cartels.

is this too much to ask?
    I don't think an automatically updating one is possible, as it will require hooks into the lusternia server itself, which is very likely beyond the intentions of MediaWiki.  Manually, this will take a LOT of time and effort, just for info's sake, as it will require liasing with EVERY cartel trademaster, or with a divine who is able to access each of the city cartels and either put it up themself or pass the info to a chronicler (I'm betting they have more than enough of their plate as it is.)

That being said, I'm quite happy to put up designs for the cartels if people can send me DETAILED lists of the designs, best way is probably via pastebin or a text file in dropbox.

Vivet said:
    One of the things I've always appreciated most from Xiel's site was the curio directory, and all the information therein - pieces for each curio, what the ambients look like (if applicable), collection power specifics, etc.

If the Wiki could gain those in addition to the short/examined of every hair curio, that would be pretty sweet.

Again, as long as people who already have said curios are willing to send me the info in question, I'll be happy to put it up.

• I may have already started playing around with a universal skill template >_> turned out to surprisingly easy so far... I'm worried something horrible will happen.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I have a universal skill template made on the wiki, I'm going to be migrating all of the existing listings to it today, and adding in the Xiel listings for the missing skills. I'll then check to make sure all of that stuff is updated, and update all of the lists for things. As I mentioned to Drocilla this morning, once all of the skill data is on a central template, it'll be easy to change that entire portion of the  wiki's  style at once. I spent some time doing that on the Aetolian wiki and it went pretty well. 

One of the things I would like to do is include a note on every "from a list" afflicting skill describing its list. That kind of information can sometimes be a little tricky to gather IG, but is basically public information anyways, for anyone who can poke around their system. Having it on the wiki sounds like a good idea to me. It would be helpful if folks could message in details about their own skills to that end! 
  • I think I managed to get back to everyone who contacted me about the wiki thus far. If I missed anyone please get in touch again. 
    Once suggestions for new sections of the wiki pass administrative muster, we'll add them to the Chronicler's Guide  page, or some page created later. That way, we can keep track of forums requests for new features or specific updates, and people on the forums reading this thread can check the wiki to see what's already been requested. 
    edited January 2016

Beasts Missing From Wiki

Rhino
    Innate Abilities: mount, gallop, charge, battle, armour
    Source: 500,000gp

Fire Wyvern
    Innate Abilities: mount, fly, minorbreath (fire)
    Source: Quest, Mount Zoaka

Eaf'eramich
    Innate Abilities:  influence (weaken), influence (paranoia)
    Source: Quest, Xeeth Labs

Squonkabonk
    Innate Abilities: ?
    Source: Quest, Caomihe Dell

Basilisk
    Innate Abilities: flight, minorbreath (gas), spellcasting (hynoticgaze)
    Source: Czigny Wayfaire

Chimera
    Innate Abilities: spit poison

Gryphon

Hippogryph
    Innate Abilities: mount, fly, gust

Manticore
    Innate Abilities: battle, aggressive, flight, minor breath (lightning)

Snow Phoenix
    Innate Abilities: flight, minor breath (cold), spellcasting (reflection)

Dream Phoenix

Hydra
    Innate Abilities: chameleon, scale, influence (weaken), spit poison
    Source: Morgfyre DisOrder

Serpent (unavailable?)
    Innate Abilities: swim, dive, heal health, cure spirit
    Source: Eventru Order

Worg
    Innate Abilities: battle, aggressive, armour, bodyguard
    Source: Shikari Order

Parrot
    Innate Abilities: mount, fly, spellcasting (hypnoticgaze), heal health
    Source: Isune Order

• eafs have paranoia and weakening influence innate
    Do you know the costs on those?
  • AB BEASTMASTERY INFLUENCING says 50 per type, so 100 total innate
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Let's not put anything involving designs on the wiki. You can just as easily find this stuff out IC, or someone can spend the time to try another dedicated trademaster wiki themselves.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Let's not put anything involving designs on the wiki. You can just as easily find this stuff out IC, or someone can spend the time to try another dedicated trademaster wiki themselves.
    A better solution would be for people to be able to view all public designs at the Hall of Clans and Cartels in-game, rather than try to maintain this list manually on an external site. IJS.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    The costs to purchase any of those beasts. 
    I think order beasts are 15 dingbats? Or 25? Not sure. I tried asking people a whiles back about the squonkabonk and Czigny ones, but no one could ever remember.

I think all of the Czigny beasts are 50db

No, I remember seeing that some were cheaper....I wish I had thought to write it down last they were here. It'll be to do with the innates, I think maybe the chimera was a bit cheaper?

• The prices of all the dingbat-beasts are based on their inherents. If memory serves, Isune's parrots are 50db.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • The woolly rhino can be purchased from the Cavalier Base of Operations, which is an "in" exit off of the Old Imperial Road, past the Great Pass, like you're headed to Gaudiguch (room number 462). Head IN, then DOWN a few levels. Shop is in the northeast corner of the Base.

Rhino's'll set you back 500,000 gold (yikes!). They come with the inherent abilities of Mount, Battle, Charge, Gallop, and Thicken Hide.

edited January 2016
    That's what I thought re: source. Do you need to do the quest first?
    Could someone (Ixion?) paste a dump of all their honor quests? Bonus points if you give your impressions of some of them - what the primary tasks are (influencing, bashing, etc), how difficult it is compared to other quests it is, and what the rewards are. 
    edited January 2016
    Armour and Thicken Hide is the same thing btw. For some reason the skill names in Beastmastery don't always line up with the syntax.

All the order beasts have 400 or 410 trains of inherents, so they should all be the same price.

Eventru's order beast used to be 25 dingbats.

I am a serious person. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited January 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Could someone (Ixion?) paste a dump of all their honor quests? Bonus points if you give your impressions of some of them - what the primary tasks are (influencing, bashing, etc), how difficult it is compared to other quests it is, and what the rewards are. 

EDIT: Probably goes without saying, but mild spoilers.

I do not have anywhere near all of the quests, but I humbly offer commentary on those that I do have. http://pastebin.com/m8HXT2Mm

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.