Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm sitting here going 'omg when is the gear overhaul coming out I want to play with the new stuff', but at the same time, really I don't want to put pressure on our hard-working admin. Must relax, must relax.

• @Qistrel, been at work all day just waiting for it to release >_>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Why can't people trade piece for piece anymore with curios? We're all just trying to make things here! People wanting credits or multiple pieces for one piece... because those stockings and crates of bow pieces were totally free for me. HMPH.

• Just say no to things like that. It's like trying to get 1.5 credits for a dingbat. Or was it 1.5 dingbats for a credit?

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Technically, dingbats used to be worth more than one credit, back when they were rare and only available via certain promotions.

Nowadays, not so much, since the iron elite subscription has put a lot of dingbats into the game.

And also since credit prices have shot up a lot compared to back when dingbats were first introduced.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I did refuse it, but it's frustrating completing curios as it is, without knowing someone has what you need but are asking for an arm and a leg along with the trade!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Depends on the trade. For example, if I have a genie rare and someone only has common regular pieces I might trade it to them for a common and a couple of credits. However, it would be pretty unreasonable for me to ask for a genie rare and credits in addition, as I'd be getting more value out of the trade. Ultimately, it depends on how bad you want the piece, but I've turned down trades before because someone was being a little too unreasonable, and I'd rather not encourage the practice.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Here I am doing it wrong telling people to trade me whatever random curio crap they have. I'll pastebin a list later, because I'm far too lazy to actively see if I have things people want.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It's not really a practice so much as a scam, imo.  "Hey, I'll give you that piece you want.  Give me any old piece you have... and some credits too.  Just FYI, the next person who I find who wants that piece you gave me, I am going to pass it on to them for credits too and make profit on both sides."

To me, trading a piece for a piece is already equal.  The other person is getting something that is just as useful to them as the one they're trading away (assuming equivalent rarity and same overall set, such as genies / bow curios / etc), so asking for more is really not called for.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tarkenton said:
    Here I am doing it wrong telling people to trade me whatever random curio crap they have. I'll pastebin a list later, because I'm far too lazy to actively see if I have things people want.
    All depends on how long of a curio game you want to play. I generally do this and have had times while mashing AGREE that I'd say to myself "lol I'll never find anyone who wants these things". But lo, over months of holding onto them and never rubbing they end up being useful in trades with someone who will -only- trade for pieces they are looking for.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If someone has a piece I want, and I don't have anything they want, I'll trade a random piece and some credits. 

Otherwise if I have something they want, it's just a straight trade. 

A piece for a piece isn't already equal if it's not a piece they want/need.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Eh. Anyone who has given me credits for taking a random/or just helping them out so they can finish their curio knows I will just trade it back. Some it's just a preference.

Yes I have had credit transfer wars with some. A trade is a trade. If I want credits I will just sell the curio when completed.

Xenthos said:
    It's not really a practice so much as a scam, imo.  "Hey, I'll give you that piece you want.  Give me any old piece you have... and some credits too.  Just FYI, the next person who I find who wants that piece you gave me, I am going to pass it on to them for credits too and make profit on both sides."

People like this, I don't trade with after they try it with me.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Got debated by a random Glom while influencing that cost me a chunk of exp, then subsequently being accused of starting the trouble. Glad I got from rank 482 to 402 (and counting), though!  :>
    See you in Sapience.
  • I personally only trade 1 for 1 but I don't trade the rarer/more desired pieces like genies or maps. I can totally understand if someone wants more than a random piece for their map piece for example. Curios are not just about the supply but the demand as well.
  • Is it written down somewhere what the different languages sound like if you can't speak it?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Spent literal hours building and learning how to set up my own specialized system on both Mudlet and Mush, only for my old laptop to finally kick the bucket and crash, never to turn back on again :( Going without a computer for a few months was utter torture.

W-Well I guess I can start over again. At least I have a new gaming PC for the high spec's and graphics Lusternia has to offer!

• Sedanas said:
    Spent literal hours building and learning how to set up my own specialized system on both Mudlet and Mush, only for my old laptop to finally kick the bucket and crash, never to turn back on again :( Going without a computer for a few months was utter torture.

W-Well I guess I can start over again. At least I have a new gaming PC for the high spec's and graphics Lusternia has to offer!

Yikes! Did you at least back up your profiles elsewhere?

• Lol I don't recall anyone saying you started it. You just took it to an extreme when you started shouting, making news posts and offering aid to your enemies :P
  • Havastus said:
    Sedanas said:
    Spent literal hours building and learning how to set up my own specialized system on both Mudlet and Mush, only for my old laptop to finally kick the bucket and crash, never to turn back on again :( Going without a computer for a few months was utter torture.

I didn't think I would have to :( Now I know!

In any case, I guess I'll go dig around for M&M and see if Vadi is still lurking about. Small steps.

• Sedanas said:

In any case, I guess I'll go dig around for M&M and see if Vadi is still lurking about. Small steps.

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2162/m-mf#latest
    Why wait for Vadi? Use M&Mf.
  • Sedanas said:
    Havastus said:
    Sedanas said:

Vadi is still lurking about (at least sometimes). Now there's M&MF though, the free version. I think it completely replaces the old M&M.
  • Oh what?! I completely forgot that was going to be a thing! Glad to see it went through.

Is it any better or worse than the paid-for M&M, or is it a direct copy? I'd love to get my hands on it since I switched to Tracking shortly after buying my own.

• AFAIK (at least, it's true for @Vadi's Achaea system), m&mf is identical to the latest version of m&m made directly by him.
    See you in Sapience.
  • It's the same, it's just open source and you can use multiple characters on one profile if you really wanted.
  • Twytch said:
    AFAIK (at least, it's true for @Vadi's Achaea system), m&mf is identical to the latest version of m&m made directly by him.
    Well then, I guess I''ll look it up! Thank you all for the heads up. Now I just need to remember how my UI worked and I can begin customizing stuff again! 

Has there also been any news on the combat overhaul? I'm asking for a nameless, giant sword wielding friend, of course.

• The warrior overhaul is coming pretty much right now, according to this IG message just now:

** The Warrior/Gear overhauls will be releasing presently. PREPARE YOURSELVES, MORTALS, FOR THE END IS NIGH! **

• Being an astrologer, I must constantly be reminded of my poor, poor nativity.

Sun was in the sign of Bumblebee.           (Poison damage)
      Moon was in the sign of Skull.              (Hallucinations)
      Eroee was in the sign of Volcano.           (Sensitivity)
      Sidiak was in the sign of Glacier.          (Confusion)
      Tarox was in the sign of Bumblebee.         (Asthma)
      Papaxi was in the sign of Dragon.           (Mana)
      Aapek was in the sign of Skull.             (Aeon)

See you in Sapience.
    Is it Monday already?
  • Ssaliss said:
    The warrior overhaul is coming pretty much right now, according to this IG message just now:

** The Warrior/Gear overhauls will be releasing presently. PREPARE YOURSELVES, MORTALS, FOR THE END IS NIGH! **

YEP, TIME TO GET ON THEN

This discussion has been closed.