Warriors and Gear

This is for feedback regarding the newly-released Warrior and Gear systems. Be kind.
7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Robes should get +1 enhancement slot all around, I think. I brought it up in the Gear Overhaul thread, but this would make them less categorically worse than armor - in the same way that being a robes wearer wasn't categorically worse at everything pre-overhaul. You got less physical defense stat but one extra proofing that armor users couldn't get. 
    That's already a thing, nevermind. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    Can we turn off XP loss while we are all getting clobbered by our temporary warrior overlords.

edit: I kid. Mostly.

Real request: can someone post all the enhancement and armor ABs?
  • ENCHANTMENT - GREATROBES

Syntax: ENHANCEMENT ADD <robes> <enhancement> [<type>]
            ENHANCEMENT REMOVE <robes> <enhancement> [<type>]
    Power: 10% reserves

Enchanters are able to enhance greatrobes (and splendour robes) with a
    variety of additional capabilities, ranging from weather resistance to
    increased influence ability. Each enhancement has its own materials
    requirement, as listed below. Additionally, some enhancements have
    specific types that must be selected; these enhancements can be used
    multiple times, so long as they are of different types. Robes must be
    worn for the enhancements to take effect.

Charm: Typed according to damage type. Requires one tailoring knot of
    the appropriate type. Provides 1/6 resistance of the selected damage
    type.

Influence: Types according to influence type. Requires one tailoring
    knot of the appropriate type. Provides 1/6 buff to selected influence
    type.

Quickening: Requires 5 wood and 5 silk. Increased celerity/movement
    speed.

Mass: Requires 10 steel. Increased rooting/summoning resistances.

Prestige: Requires 3 gold, 3 silver, 3 platinum, 1 silk. Increased
    prestige.

Weatherproofing: Requires 10 cloth. Increased resistance to weather
    effects.
  • @Ieptix

does this mean Blacklung has been removed as well? Also does Broken wrists/jaw/skull count as 'limb' for being converted? What about damagedhead?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My splendour gown:

It is in perfect condition.
    It provides 10% resistance to physical damage.
    It has no enhancements.
    It can hold up to 3 enhancement(s) in total.
    There are no poisons or magical effects on a sophisticated corseted gown of sapphire silks.

and the hat:

wp 192566
    It is in perfect condition.
    It provides 0% resistance to physical damage.
    There are no poisons or magical effects on a coquettish silver and sapphire fascinator hat.

How do greatrobe/splendour hats work now? Are they now redundant? Is the gown still protective enough without the hat or are both needed for the full benefit? (I'm sorry if it's obvious, I'm dumb.) Plz explain?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    hats/helms are no longer needed - they were only needed to reduce wounds before and now wounds are standardized 1/2 per hit, so the gown reduces damage 10% now

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Whats the command to check retired artifacts again?

The syntax really should be added to show when you type "artifact" especially now that retirement is a thing I can't find the help file for it.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • So... uh... how'bout that mineral oil?

LORECRAFT - MINERALOIL

Amalgamation Cost: 2 percent of power reserve.
    Mineral oil is used by forgers to enhance weapons.

And when I try to amalgamate mineral, mineraloil, sharpness or sharpnessoil, I get:

You are baffled by the complexity of that, and wouldn't even know where to begin.

• edited January 2016
    Turnus said:
    Whats the command to check retired artifacts again?

The syntax really should be added to show when you type "artifact" especially now that retirement is a thing I can't find the help file for it.
    ARTIFACT LIST RETIRED, and they're not up yet. @Turnus
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    More rooting! Whoooo!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • What is happening with shields?
  • FULL RUNES COSTS 3300 CR

mORE EXPENSIVE THAN OLD WARRIORS CONFIRMED
  • The armour runes are completely orthogonal to weapon runes. Combining their costs and claiming that weapons are suddenly more expensive is incredibly disingenuous. A full replacement for the old weapon runes is 1800cr, which is significantly less than it was. Armour runes are a new, and completely separate, mechanic.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Why does it cost 3300cr to max out weapons/armor? Before max warrior runes costed 2900cr (not counting old bleeding runes because they are beyond garbage).

The forging mallet is not on the retired list.

Why were the bashing attacks of SWING/JAB changed so that we can no longer see mob health?  Having the unique messages that showed mob health was a big deal, and really special to warriors.

Edit:
    Quickening- is it +1 room movement more before hasty?
    Mass: what is the bonus relative to other skills?
    Prestige: numbers?
    Weatherproofing: numbers?

Damage: how much more?
    Speed: ?
    Razor, Impact, Honed, Weighted: ?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It's a bit unfair to lump in armor costs to weapon rune costs. Armor is something everyone has to get, not just warriors.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Damage: Increased weapon damage.
    Speed: Increased weapon speed.
    Razor: Increased bleeding for cutting weapons.
    Impact: Increased bruising for blunt weapons.
    Honed: Increased chance to afflict with poison from weapon.
    Weighted: Increases stun/blackout duration on relevant knighthood
    modifiers.

Can we get numbers on these? Helps me know whether or not an enhancement is worth it and if I should throw in the credits for a rune or not.
    The armor bonuses are relatively minor, and the benefit of the armor runes is less than that of the weapon runes. 
  • edited January 2016
    I lump it is because it expands the gulf between max possible with credits, and standard/normal.

I was under the impression that part of the goal  was reduce said gulf, not reduce and then expand it differently.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    In what way, the bonuses conferred aren't even close to as good as before. More utility yes, but less directly applicable to murdering.
  • Warrior damaged is over 1K per hit with no rune, we could probably lower that 20-30% base (specs have skills that boost their damage). 

Warrior bleeding needs to drop noticeably too.  I assume we have a new bleeding formula, because it looks something like 200 bleeding or more (far higher for specific attacks) a hit. Warriors are expected to build warriors, so before people say "If you get to X you should be hurting", this is an eventuality, this does not take special buildup besides attacking and using basic poisons. This is currently a run or die mechanic, which is what no guild is supposed to really base on.
  • So, apparently monks wear leather for that extra bit of resistance now? Is it supposed to go on vest? Bracers? Skullcap? Leggings? And how many enhancements slots is it?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2016
    I cannot see any reason at all to buy the armour slot runes.  Period.

I'm really unsure why there's this insistence for making really minor powers (1/6 all influence for example), and then make them even more minor by carving it up into a 1/6 for each type.  Why would anyone ever spend 500cr for that?  Why would anyone ever spend 500cr for a 1/6 damage resist to one damage type?  It's like the same issue with the damage buff / resist runes, but even worse-- you can't even get past the cap with them.

Basically: the armour powers are too minor even combined for the value, and then they get split up even further into smaller chunks.  I just can't think of a reason why I would want to buy it, or why anyone else would either.

Weapon runes, on the other hand, I will be investing in.  They seem more worthwhile.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    It might expand the credit cost gulf a small amount, but it definitely reduces the significance of that gulf. Warriors runes put you head and shoulders above other warriors to the point that it wasn't even a contest. The new armor slots mean you take 3% less cutting damage on your 10k health pile. It's almost meaningless.

And the Kephera with their pendant is still out tanking you. Behold the blurry meta, it's actually a good thing.

FRANKLY I think this is a great place to be in. Expensive artifacts for very minor benefits. IRE still makes its money off the min/maxers with oodles of cash/credits, while not disenfranchising the aspiring PKers who will make incremental investments over time and allowing them to both compete on relatively the same playing field. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    How are shields handled now? Will there be several tiers? What about shield runes?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shields are for parrying. 

Not sure about damage resist - probably none.
  • Monk damage may have been increased too much (the following is a masochism test but I did also test with xena for the kicks):

8300h, 9300m, 10800e, 10p 0mo esSilrx<>-<204768.726> 
    ka kick wobou chest left
    With a quick spin, Wobou kicks you in the chest with his left foot.
    sip health
    6019h, 9300m, 10800e, 10p 0mo esSilrx<>-<204815.254> <-2281h> 

8184h, 9060m, 10800e, 10p 0mo esSilrx<>-<204861.730> <-60m> 
    ka shofa wobou gut left
    Wobou slices through your gut in a graceful arc with Lumooshsi, the Tranquil.
    sip health
    6857h, 9060m, 10800e, 10p 0mo esSirx<>-<204862.648> <-1327h> 

To be fair I haven't tested the shofa damage on other people yet but if it's also applying to others than a basic shofa shofa kick combo of mine does 4.9k damage without any setup or afflictions.

Here's the funniest one for the entertainment of all:

7550h, 9300m, 10800e, 10p 5mo esSilrx<>-<205031.929> |Bogami|
    You attempt the Kata form of simpleshred (momentum: 5).
    * ka kick wobou chest left
    With a quick spin, Wobou kicks you in the chest with his left foot.
    Bones crunch under the force of the blow.
    * ka shred
    Wobou viciously twists the blades out of your left leg and right leg, shredding the flesh into bloody strips.
    You laugh in the face of senso.
    The blade of Lumooshsi, the Tranquil shreds the flesh on your right leg into bloody ribbons.
    You lose 1 momentum.
    sip health
    outr yarrow
    eat yarrow
    187h, 9300m, 10800e, 10p 4mo esSixp<>-<205031.943> <-7363h> |Sprawled|LaceratedRightLeg|LaceratedLeftLeg|BrokenChest|Bogami|
    You fall to the ground as the last drops of life-giving blood drain out of your body.
    You have been slain by Wobou.
    A bog myrtle leaf falls out of your inventory.
    The mortal threads of your being severed, you scream in agony as the Divine spark within you enfolds your body with scorching flames.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    What I'm wondering is, did the damage increase or did we lose a lot of physical defense?
  • edited January 2016
    How's everyone setting up their offense, now? I feel like I need a lot more aliases than I used to...

Edit: @Wobou OP, time to raid.
  • So, Old armor would give you half a percentage of resistance per stat. So 1/1 c/b is .5%/.5% resistance, 50/50 is 25%/25%, Now armor is like 7% resistance, AND they buffed monk damage to make up for wounding going away, so it is really a double buff to monk damage, when I was already dying to monk damage pushes before the overhaul.

Likely just an oversight considering how late in the overhaul the monk changes were put in and forgot about the major decrease in armor resistance.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.