Beast Raising Question

There was no thread for this, so I thought I'd make my own.

I hear that if you don't feed beasts enough before they mature, they always come out brown/grey/bland. However, I haven't heard of any specific threshold to aim for with feeds. What's a good minimum feed # to try to reach to avoid a boring beast? I'm also using two different kinds of feed, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    I would say that if you're feeding them enough to have them out of stables a decent percentage of the time and still alive...that's your good minimum. Nobody (mortal) knows the exact science behind getting a nice-looking beast, it's one of the Great Mysteries. There are theories as to what sort of feed brings about certain traits, but specifics like numbers and such are the same questions people have been asking for ages.

Of course, this could just be my interpretation. There could be a secret society around that knows all there is to know, and just hasn't let the bird out of its cage yet!

Also: There's a Q&A subforum for this sort of thing, too.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I really should finish my beast books some day...
  • Eritheyl said:

Whoops.
  • Eritheyl said:

Where?  I can't find it!?
  • The secrets of Beast raising are written in one of those blank Illuminati books.