Public designs: use and searching

Is there a set of public designs that characters with skill in Arts can use to make vials and things, and if so, how do I search them?  The HELP DESIGNSEARCH file didn't give me any commands that would work.

Best Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Accepted Answer
    If you want special designs for vials, you need Sorcelglass scrolls from Bookbinding.  They will edit plain vials and give them a customized description.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Accepted Answer
    Arts doesn't have any designs, it only makes basic things.

Bookbinders can make sorcelglass scrolls that give custom designs to vials.

Artisans can make custom desgined pipes.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Accepted Answer
    There used to exist a giant collection of all the designs out in the internet, but currently the easiest way is to take up bookbinding, and do BOOKBINDING <BLAH>.

For example, as a Tailor, if I want to see all the Shoes designs that I can make, I do TAILORING SHOES and it will show up all designs, both public and private, that I can access.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Answers

• Thanks for the replies. Followup question: how would I find existing designs for regular tradeskills like Bookbinding?
  • i wish that there was a something like a directory for public and cartel designs that allows anyone to search and view designs as if they possessed that skill themselves.
    is dead like the dodo
  • We used to have a wiki with a list of all public designs for each tradeskill - though I don't think it's still running?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2016
    Dhoggne said:
    Thanks for the replies. Followup question: how would I find existing designs for regular tradeskills like Bookbinding?
    If you're not a bookbinder yourself, ask for the assistance of one on market. They'll usually share their entire catalogue with you (sometimes in a journal, sometimes a pastebin) and make for you whichever one you like. The caveat is that not everyone has access to every cartel, so some people have more options than others.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ancillary to Sylandra's point, sometimes even if your bookbinder has a lot of cartels, there will be designs they don't have access to, either because it's in another org's cartel, or because it's in one that they plain aren't in.