Real World Raves

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Zayden said:
    The freezer has more food than alcohol!
    Why is your alcohol in the freezer?
    It may be vodka.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Ushaara said:

This perspective sums up why I love Hallifax, (and also renews my love for physics in the dark, gloomy days of PhD doldrums).
    That is awesome. :) When he was describing how he could see even more in a flower than his friend could, I kept thinking about this video describing the Fibonacci sequence in nature.

• "The same folks who decry that the beauty of a rainbow is diminished if we penetrate its secrets to discover that it consists of ten trillion floating watery lenses, all brilliantly refracting, in perfect synchrony, rays from a stellar fusion pile, burning with ancient, furious constancy, millions of miles away." - David Brin
  • Saw the movie Warm Bodies and really liked it. 

Would not have expected a zombie apocalypse movie to be so touching and funny without being absurd but they made it work.

• I saw the new Die Hard movie yesterday, and I enjoyed it.  I will agree with most of the critics that the writing was not very well developed.

However, I do not go to a Die Hard movie because I want to see the next literary masterpiece that will endure through the ages.

I go because I want to see Bruce Willis running around shooting terrorists.  He did not disappoint.

Stangmar - Retired

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    But...the best thing about Die Hard was Alan Rickman. I don't understand why you would go see a Die Hard film without him in...
    Tacita said:
    But...the best thing about Die Hard was Alan Rickman. I don't understand why you would go see a Die Hard film without him in...
    I think the best thing about anything Alan Rickman is in tends to be Alan Rickman.

Die Hard is capable of being awesome without him thankfully. It's just MORE awesome when he is in it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited February 2013
    I, my GF, and our friend finally managed to get to our local monthly bowling/fooding/drawing/suiting/whatevering thing yesterday. It was fun. I was exhausted. I look forward to being exhausted once a month in the future. I'm not correcting that statement.

Edit: 
    And now apparently going to sleep exhausted, for other reasons, leads to very vivid dreams about Lusternia being a social experiment and observation by aliens living in the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel. Imma gonna try to go back to bed now, hopefully I won't be woken by another DeLorean appearing in my bedroom o.=.O

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Maellio said:
    Imma gonna try to go back to bed now, hopefully I won't be woken by another DeLorean appearing in my bedroom o.=.O
    Sorry! I didn't have the dials set quite right and didn't end up when I thought I would.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Maellio said:
    Imma gonna try to go back to bed now, hopefully I won't be woken by another DeLorean appearing in my bedroom o.=.O
    Sorry! I didn't have the dials set quite right and didn't end up when I thought I would.
    You also either had the scale slider set waaaay down or you've shrunk down to about a foot since Christmas. Also learned how to do movie grade make-up

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've been pleasantly surprised at how much of my job I've been able to do with a broken thumb. Surgery yesterday went swimmingly, and I got some beautiful hydrocodone to keep me company while I recover. Hopefully I'll be back at 100% capacity before long.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Morkarion said:
    Tacita said:
    I think the best thing about anything Alan Rickman is in tends to be Alan Rickman.

Die Hard is capable of being awesome without him thankfully. It's just MORE awesome when he is in it.
    True, Die Hard in and of itself is awesome.  The first was definitely the greatest though(but isn't that always the case with series?)  

Also great was this week's episode of The Walking Dead.  HOLY COW!  I can not wait until next Sunday. 

I'm also happy with the direction of my life right now.  I've been getting my ish together and starting to feel a lot better about who I am.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Zyphora said:
    Ushaara said:

This perspective sums up why I love Hallifax, (and also renews my love for physics in the dark, gloomy days of PhD doldrums).
    That is awesome. :) When he was describing how he could see even more in a flower than his friend could, I kept thinking about this video describing the Fibonacci sequence in nature.

This is why I was outraged when I heard that they were moving forward with shutting down the NASA space project. Is it just going to be the NAA now? 

I went out to eat some of my favorite barbeque with my grandmother on my birthday today, and on the way home i pulled over onto the side of the road to watch a flock of birds flying clustering in the sky, from a distance it looked like smoke being whipped around by the wind but it was just this flock of birds moving in synchrony and it was amazing, reminded me that there is beauty in the world in unexpected placed, and my knowledge of the mechanics of biology and schooling fish and the way in which clusters of animals moved only served to make that more beautiful to me
  • Having people that I care about get into car accidents and walk away relatively unharmed.
  • Between work and the gym I burned 2600 calories today...AND IT'S TIME TO EAT, BABY.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

It's taken about 4 attempts over a year, but I finally understand what the hell is going on in Kingdoms of Amalur.

Also my ribs are in agony from spending the last two days laughing till I fell off my chair at Mass Effect: Citadel. This is simply the greatest DLC of any game ever.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I get to be back with kitties for a whole week!

Rave for cats!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I am very happy that I live in a place where there are so many types of ethnic restaurants: Korean, Japanese, Thai, Ethiopian, Filipino, etc.

/noms leftover jajangmyeon

• Got accepted into this program at my local college: http://www2.algonquincollege.com/mediaanddesign/program/game-development/

Pending finding some funding, should be a fun course to get into. I'll feel old though, most people going into this will be almost half my age.
  • It's why you should attend a Uni like mine.......at 23 I am one of the youngest people at this stage in my program.  The ages range from mine all the way up to 50+
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Got back the results for my summer school Creative Writing Project manuscript!

I GOT AN A+ !!!

*happy dance*
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Lendren said:
    "The same folks who decry that the beauty of a rainbow is diminished if we penetrate its secrets to discover that it consists of ten trillion floating watery lenses, all brilliantly refracting, in perfect synchrony, rays from a stellar fusion pile, burning with ancient, furious constancy, millions of miles away." - David Brin
    This feels like a sentence fragment. >.>
  • ...that doesn't actually matter. It just knocked me off guard and I fought back by making fun of it, or something. I'm linguistically vulnerable.

Anyway, I'm really very happy that I managed to get a project done, that I have food to eat, and that I've begun saving for a shiny new computer.
  • Well, it is taken out of a larger piece.  I only quoted what was relevant.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I get to go to a hockey game tonight for my girlfriend's birthday, courtesy of her sister. And my Grandmas are visiting this weekend! They may be 76 and 78, but they are Get Up and Go Grandmas, and I expect to have a ton of fun!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2013
    Even though the episode was kind of meh, Abed in a Star Fox t-shirt on tonight's Community was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Also, Archer's fourth season has been on fire.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited March 2013
    Watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy a decade later. I'm seeing it in a whole new light and appreciating it on so many more levels than "wow, cave troll! Helm's Deep, yes! Oh my god army of ghosts this is the greatest thing"

Still haven't seen the hobbit, though.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• My copy of Heart of the Swarm comes in today... should have just went and bought it at the store, but oh well, by the time I thought I had to have it right away, was too late for the order to be cancelled.  Probably won't see me much on Lusternia this weekend because of it though!
  • It's been almost 4 days since someone posted something happy!!! This must change!

Finally got unlazy and added a sweet avatar.

Also added a signature full of coding resources for those intrepid players who want to advance their in game scripting powers as well as their out of game coding powers.

Annddd best of all, I got invited to an in person interview at Double Down Interactive for a Quality Assurance contract position. Apparently there is no technical aspect to the in person interview, just testing practices and methods! It's a job! In Seattle! WOOHOO! (maybe) Interview is on Wednesday and I'm thrilled.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • They made me an offer! I'll be employed again soon!!! :) Happy goddamn day!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow