Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
edited February 2016 in The Real World
- July 16th, 1945

Whilst my physicians by their love are grown
         Cosmographers, and I their map, who lie
Flat on this bed, that by them may be shown
         That this is my south-west discovery,
      Per fretum febris, by these straits to die,

I joy, that in these straits I see my west;
         For, though their currents yield return to none,
What shall my west hurt me? As west and east
         In all flat maps (and I am one) are one,
         So death doth touch the resurrection. 
                  - John Donne

"Welcome everyone to the Trinity Test site for the first atomic bomb!

Some of you have been stationed here for awhile, some of you joined us more recently as we now prepare to project ourselves into the Atomic Age.

The President would like me to inform all of you that your participation here has been greatly appreciated, and the discretion that all of you have shown has been commendable. 

However, before we go down to the test site, I am unfortunate to inform you that there are those that have been tasked at finding the leak of information that we have picked up. Keep doing your job and we will be able to push forward and win this war.

Now, please let's make our way to the viewing test site and grab your protective gear."

"About how far are we from the test site?" a voice questions above the eager chatter.

"About 20 miles away from the tower," answered sharply.

"Will we see it?" inquires to anyone around.
"That seems too far," wonders another.
"We are safe, right?" a small quiver of fear underlines the question.

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one."

Never has there been a silence so loud. Some think of wars end. Some think of all wars end. Some think of seeing their families, friends, about their job being finished, about home. Others think, with power so great, are homes safe?

Rules (stolen from Sylandra!)

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Sylandra)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.

Players still alive:

1. Sylandra
2. Lavinya (Day 5 lynched!) (UNKNOWN ALIGNMENT, RADICAL)
3. Synkarin (Night 4 Fired!)
4. Luce (Night 2 Fired!)
5. Othero (Night 1 Fired!)
6. Ieptix
7. Celina (Day 3 lynch, RADICAL)
8. Ushaara (RADICAL)
9. Tarkenton
10. Chirbo
11. Tremula
12. Allyrianne

Let DAY ONE begin.
2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just have to say that John Donne is my favourite poet. How exciting!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This certainly bodes well.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well, here goes.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So far, Chirbo's posted the fewest words. The fewest characters, really. Veeeeeeeeery suspicious.

I kid, of course. This day one stuff is always so awkward. Generally safe, banal comments that really just serve to say "Hello, here I am!" Though, I suppose this meandering train of thought really doesn't serve much of a purpose either. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Aww, yes. Loving the flavour already.

• However, Tarkenton's post is definitely the longest thus far, and therefore he must clearly be trying to deflect suspicion from himself onto Chirbo. (Am I doing this right?)
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    I will be counting words in everyone's posts, and using my super secret formula and this information I will be able to determine who the Bad Guys are.

I'm having to refrain myself from liking and agreeing on all the posts. Serious nerdgasm going on..
    :-B
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ieptix's signature, by its hashed nature, makes him inherently scummy. He's been playing the long con, letting us get comfortable with it, while it secretly will change to allow the mafia to cheat and receive instructions from him during the day. How dare you, Ieptix. We play a clean game here.
  • Now that you've reminded me of my signature I want to run a WTNV mafia. :C
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Are we all forgetting the fact that Lavinya said her favorite poet is John Donne? Geez religion and sex, how original. The man was hardly ground-breaking.

...am I doing this physics joke thing right?? (Damn you humanities background.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh no I've already made a post I can't edit this is the worst omen yet. Sorry italics button I have abused you.
    Daraius said:
    I'm still cringing at my mix of to refrain from and to restrain oneself.. I blame the nerdgasm. :(
    Theory: Ushaara will be to this mafia game what Silvanus was to last mafia game, ie, the most thematically aware person in the room. Which is good if he's with us, and utterly terrifying to consider if he's against us... :-?
    Daraius said:
    Those commie nazis won't know what hit 'em.. Though I suspect Ieptix may give me a run for my money, we've already seen he has no issue with the nuclear option. http://www.lusternia.com/i-am-the-vanguard-of-your-destruction
    Plz to be educating me, Ushaara. 

Theory: Overuse of italics is a trait of the mafia. Discuss.

In that case Vote My Cellphone
    Daraius said:
  • Ok, this is an amazing theme for a mafia game. I am very excited for history and science.
    Lavinya said:
    Plz to be educating me, Ushaara. 

Theory: Overuse of italics is a trait of the mafia. Discuss.

via GIPHY

Oh my gosh, already having too much fun...

Damn you, forums!!!
    Hahahaha that is a way too accurate picture of me right now.

• This started quickly! Which is good, because I was starting to wonder about how to fulfill my mafia craving.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Hi, I'm here!

Ready to get to work

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This started quickly! Which is good, because I was starting to wonder about how to fulfill my mafia craving.
    There's always Town of Salem if you can get past the other players.

I'm here, by the way. Nobody die, I've got enough on my plate.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Lynch Ieptix before admin bias destroys us.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I, for one, welcome and embrace our new Higher God overlord.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • This started quickly! Which is good, because I was starting to wonder about how to fulfill my mafia craving.
    Hah! A slip! You are just craving to be Mafia again.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:
    I, for one, welcome and embrace our new Higher God overlord.
    I didn't know Arcanis worked on Project Trinity.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If he does, I think we can all agree with this

Vote: Arcanis

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    [Insert Day One Lynch vs No-Lynch Argument here]

:-B
    Daraius said: