m&mf

I have a problem that won't go away.Qw searchs for new names but it does other syntaxes like checking guild and city messages or doing def. Is there a way to fix this problem? It goes up way past the screen so I can't check qw.

Comments

• Also, it's not just qw, cw, and gw are affected also.
  • It likely does it because it hasn't received information that it's wanted to, when checking for those names.. It's not so much an 'error' as it is 'how m&m actually functions'

Right now, what's causing it, is likely the 'retirement' line not being registered by ndb. To fix is simple, open your triggers, find the m&m folder that has nameDB in it, open that and open the 'Honors a person' folder. Click the trigger that says 'Unranked' and make sure it has all of the following lines: (all exact match type triggers)

He is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    He has cut his thread from the Tapestry of the Fates.
    She has cut her thread from the Tapestry of the Fates.
    He is frozen in time and space.
    She is frozen in time and space.

Should fix it, there's a typo in the 'she has cut' line, which hopefully @Synkarin corrects next update :P
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The fix is in version 5, so it should be good

If it's checking the same name over and over do 'ndb delete <person>' and it should remove those checks

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Is there a method to append 'hook' to the parry system, for Cavaliers?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Demartel said:
    Is there a method to append 'hook' to the parry system, for Cavaliers?
    MMCONFIG HOOK YEP
  • @Ushaara, that doesn't seem to work. It just gives me a list of the available options.
  • Hey all,
    I upgraded m&m to version 5 for Moondancers, but after doing so I can no longer sign in. It keeps throwing me back to the login page.  However, if I uninstall m&m I don't have any issues signing in.  I have no idea what's causing the problem or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated!! Thanks
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @kyia that's a known issue (described over at the main m&mf thread here in the forums). Basically pause your system (using 'pp'), and reconnect. You should login just fine, then unpause the system, again using 'pp')
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Demartel said:
    @Ushaara, that doesn't seem to work. It just gives me a list of the available options.
    Hmm, works just fine for me. Does hook appear at all in the list when you MMCONFIG SHOW then?
  • @Aeldra, yep that fixed the problem.  Thanks bunches!!!
  • It doesn't show it in the MMCONFIG SHOW for the AllClasses version install. When I uninstalled that, made a clean profile, installed the Serenguard version it did show it fine. However, now it double sends every command. I have tried multiple times to delete the profile and install either version and I cannot get it to stop double sending commands.

i.e: (mount phoenix) (mount phoenix)

It does the same when deffing up, sends every def twice.

I have even deleted Mudlet and reinstalled that to try and fix that issue.
  • I have one more issue that m&mf has been doing, when I  mmupdate, it updates with Farlaris and not Templar, how could I do the update so it shows templar skills and not the pyromancy ones?
    Don't mmupdate

That uses old m&m which was based on character and not class - use the website to update

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ok, I got the system from the website but it woin't apply ice when I use an assault against me.
  • edited March 2016
    Nevermind pretty sure I just figured it out

• I need help with the influencer.
    When I want it to work, it doesn't. When I don't want it to work it starts to influence as I walk around and it gags everything until it is done influencing. Old aliases from mm don't seem to work so I assume there might be new ones.

Thank you in advance to anyone who would kindly explain how to use the influencer of m&mf.
  • I believe it's half coded. Maybe added in by Vadi at some point intending to complete it, but never getting the chance. I personally just find and disable the influencer whenever I update. I use my own set of triggers, anyway.

• That would make sense. Thank you, @Lerad.
  • Even when it's working it's not very good. The biggest issue I had with it was that it doesn't cycle through the influence attacks but just picks one randomly each time. While I fixed some things I eventually moved on to Windmills. Unfortunately I don't think it has been released publicly.

However, your post has made me decide to do something that I've been wanting to do for a while, which is to write my own influencer based on Windmills to better fit my purposes, including the use of stratagems. I'll release it when I think it's in a good state, which may be later today. Though keep in mind that it might not be ideal for you because this will be coded to suit my own needs and I don't plan on adding extra stuff.
    You know, if someone wanted to fix up the m&mf influencer to work better, that'd be welcome

-hint hint nudge nudge-

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Though adding extra stuff is what Tark does best. Maybe touch it in a few months.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I just delete the influence folder and make my own with stratagems.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2019
  • Any updates planned to let the ndb work with non-binary genders, or just a workaround to have it not constantly want to recheck people with a non-binary gender?  As it is it wants to recheck everytime I do qw or cwho which is a tad annoying.

Unrelated comment, I would love if there was some guide or instructions out there for adding our own defs to the def-tracking, I tried and could not figure it out before just giving up and making the non-tracked defs put up using stratagems.
  • edited November 2019
    Uzriel said:
    Any updates planned to let the ndb work with non-binary genders, or just a workaround to have it not constantly want to recheck people with a non-binary gender?  As it is it wants to recheck everytime I do qw or cwho which is a tad annoying.

Look for the trigger called "Honors". If you want to search for something, "  gender = line:find("%f[%a][mM]ale%f[%A]") and 'male' or 'female'," is a line in it.

Look for the lines that say
    <div>elseif brackets:find("Demigod",1,true) then</div><div>&nbsp; temp_name_list[1].demigod = 1
    end</div>

Add this below it:

<div>if brackets:find("Non-Binary",1,true) then</div><div>&nbsp; temp_name_list[1].gender = "Non-Binary"
    end</div>

ETA: Apparently the above isn't working for everyone (and I just noticed it's still rechecking every time I check qwho). I'll look into it more later.
    ETA2: Ok, it's because it keeps rechecking if data hasn't been filled in. You'll need to update all of the sub-trigger lines to work. Change all (?:He|She) to (?He|She|They), change all "is" to "(?:is|are)", and for the static ones, add an additional one for "They are"
  • That fixed it. Awesome.
  • edited December 2019
    Does anyone else have a problem where m&mf won't stop hiding your vitals after curing recklessness until you diag?
    Does anyone have a fix for it?

*edit*
    Sorry, thought this was the other m&mf thread.